03 Sahara Metalcloak build

They aren't installed yet. That's just about where they would sit if I put them back on.
Usually a little wider sitting is common, but I’m not liking those end caps you linked to as much. Maybe 4” fog round lights? What size are the ones you originally put on?

Reactions: KCsTJ and JMT
What is this "Penetrol" we speak of? Never heard of it. Put it on to protect the finish of your hard top? Make it look cleaner and shine? Does dust stick to it faster with it on?
Penetrol is a paint conditioner. When applied to a faded Jeep hardtop it will bring back that "new look". I don't think it protects the hard top but it definitely brings back the shine and makes it look clean. I would say dust will stick to it before it cures. I restored my hardtop inside the garage. You could probably apply it outside on a nonwindy day.

Reactions: hyperdub808 and JMT
The new rear shocks came in today. The rear shocks that were originally installed ended up being too long. Replacements were ordered and they came in today. The ride quality is night and day with the proper length shocks.

So I believe these were for a 6in lift. The only number I could really read was BDS-8250 for this shock.
20180203_171517.jpg

The correct length. 985-24-086 is the rear shock for a 2.5"-3.5" lift.
20180217_185727.jpg

Reactions: JMT
The new rear shocks came in today. The rear shocks that were originally installed ended up being too long. Replacements were ordered and they came in today. The ride quality is night and day with the proper length shocks.

So I believe these were for a 6in lift. The only number I could really read was BDS-8250 for this shock.
View attachment 32266

The correct length. 985-24-086 is the rear shock for a 2.5"-3.5" lift.
View attachment 32267
Awesome! Great to have it finished up, eh?! Looking forward to next Saturday. @Blackoutt will be there, and a guy named Nate from Austin, myself, and possibly @Kyle_W anf @TrooperJosh. The earliest I can be there is 9am. Let me know when you guys can arrive and we’ll decide on a meet up time. Sweet!

So I decided to purchase these jounce bumpers from quadratec. Almost went with the black energy suspension cone shaped ones but I really couldn't pass up the savings on these puke yellow ones. They were sooo much cheaper by a whole $1 that all I could think about was the extra beer I could purchase at Apple Bees during happy hour. The bumpers won't be yellow for long with all the dirt, mud, grit and grim that gets thrown underneath the Jeep.
20180316_212442.jpg

Still need to purchase some silicone spray to help slide these beauties in the cups. Install is set for tomorrow!

So I decided to purchase these jounce bumpers from quadratec. Almost went with the black energy suspension cone shaped ones but I really couldn't pass up the savings on these puke yellow ones. They were sooo much cheaper by a whole $1 that all I could think about was the extra beer I could purchase at Apple Bees during happy hour. The bumpers won't be yellow for long with all the dirt, mud, grit and grim that gets thrown underneath the Jeep.View attachment 35529

Still need to purchase some silicone spray to help slide these beauties in the cups. Install is set for tomorrow!
!LOL! You’re killin’ me over here bro! You guys got an AppleBees?

Jounce bumpers are a pretty easy install.

Pry the old ones out with a screw driver.
20180317_094036.jpg
20180317_094210.jpg

Comparison of the old vs new
20180317_094519.jpg

Used a little dish soap recommended by @derekmac to help slide them through the springs and in the cups.
20180317_095035.jpg

Plenty room on Metalcloaks front springs to slide the jounce bumpers through.
20180317_095059.jpg

Used a flat bar to push bumpers up into the cups.
20180317_095208.jpg

Finished front
20180317_095249.jpg

The rear springs were a little tighter but same process as the front.
20180317_100005.jpg
20180317_100307.jpg
20180317_100753.jpg

The jounce bumpers all around went into the cups easier than I expected. :thumbsup:

Jounce bumpers are a pretty easy install.

Pry the old ones out with a screw driver.
View attachment 35561 View attachment 35562

Comparison of the old vs new
View attachment 35563

Used a little dish soap recommended by @derekmac to help slide them through the springs and in the cups.
View attachment 35564

Plenty room on Metalcloaks front springs to slide the jounce bumpers through.
View attachment 35565

Used a flat bar to push bumpers up into the cups.
View attachment 35566

Finished front
View attachment 35567

The rear springs were a little tighter but same process as the front.
View attachment 35568 View attachment 35569 View attachment 35570

The jounce bumpers all around went into the cups easier than I expected. :thumbsup:
The old ones look like a dessert gone bad! Maybe some Tiramasu you brought home from Applebee’s!

Looks good! And helpful for others trying to get those suckers in there without removing the springs. Can’t wait for Wolf Caves!

Reactions: b0xcar
The old ones look like a dessert gone bad! Maybe some Tiramasu you brought home from Applebee’s!
Lol... The old ones were definitely toast! Pretty good comparison with the Tiramasu.

Looks good! And helpful for others trying to get those suckers in there without removing the springs. Can’t wait for Wolf Caves!
Hopefully this will help someone.

Also... the CB parts have been ordered. They should be coming in early next week. Just need to check local pawn shops here for an SWR meter.

I haven’t been able to find an SWR meter. I got word from a Hamster ymthat it should auto tune, but Cobra says no to that. So I sent a message back to the Hamster and am waiting to hear back.

Reactions: b0xcar
I haven’t been able to find an SWR meter. I got word from a Hamster ymthat it should auto tune, but Cobra says no to that. So I sent a message back to the Hamster and am waiting to hear back.
Sweet, keep me posted. I will check a couple shops here tomorrow and see what they have.

Reactions: JMT
Got the Cobra 75 wx st installed today. Just lacking the antenna (should be here in a few days). Wired the CB directly to the battery. Using the Teraflex mount on the drivers side. This is how I ran the coax cable into the Jeep.

Pulled this drain plug.
20180318_140139.jpg

Looking through the tail light hole you can see the end of the coax cable peeking through.
20180318_140146.jpg

Feed it up to the tail light hole from there. Also grinded some paint from the top tail light hole. The powder coat on the Teraflex mount was already removed for that spot. It also had the powder coat removed underneath where the antenna stud mounts.

20180318_140452.jpg

Drilled a hole in the rubber drain plug and cut it down the side to fit the coax in the hole.
20180318_144521.jpg

These are all the pics I have but I can take some more if anyone has any questions on the install.