I installed the WranglerFix PCM and it seems to be working well. Jeep runs like normal, have about 60 miles on it. I'll post an update when I have more miles. so far quite happy, great product...

one minor issue is with the SKIM light on the dash. Mark is looking into it but I thought I'd post here to see if someone has had the same issue.

My jeep was originally SKIM equipped (grey keys). When ordering I asked Mark to have the SKIM disabled, which he did. I removed the SKIM transponder from the jeep before installing the PCM. the Jeep fires right up and runs great, but the SKIM light on the dash comes on after about 12 seconds. It continues to run fine but the light stays on. not really a problem, but curious if anyone has run into the same issue, and if there's a known way to reset this.

John

Oh no, my jeep has the grey keys also. My Wrangler PCM is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, I've been worried that there might be a SKIM issue. I hope it works ok.

I had no issues with the security key issue. I didn’t ask to bypass the security key etc... Mark posted up my video for me. All is well with my experience and I’ve ran it about 200 miles.

Reactions: GorillaBiscuit
Well I chose to have the SKIM eliminated to avoid the SKIM related issues which tend to crop up completely unrelated to the new PCM I bought. I'm convinced that the Jeep SKIM and Nissan NATS systems have bricked more cars than are actually stolen.

as I understand it, the SKIM portion of the PCM software is present in all jeeps that either have SKIM or have it as an available option. When the Jeep is started for the first time, the PCM detects the SKIM transponder (if so equipped) and SKIM software is "activated" and is active forever (or until the PCM is wiped and new software loaded). soooo I made the assumption that this was likely the case with Mark's PCM as well, and I removed the SKIM transponder from the vehicle to prevent SKIM activation in the PCM.

What I think is happening is that the instrument cluster, which is also a body control module, is expecting to receive some kind of SKIM related message from the PCM, but since that portion of the PCM code is not activated, it never comes, and the cluster turns on the SKIM light.

Honestly I assumed that the SKIM light would probably be on if I did it this way. it's a minor annoyance which I'll fix if I can. Like I said earlier Mark is going to talk with his guys about it and see what they know, and I'll pass that along here...

John

@JMo , Yea, that makes sense. I really don't know anything about the SKIM, the only reason I thought anything about it because of what I read on another companies web page. I don't think I'll have any problems with the Wranglerfix PCM. I'm just overly paranoid about everything. Lol

Last edited:
So after reading reviews, surfing the net, I finally settled on WranglerFix to replace my faulty PCM. I have a 2005 Rubicon 6 speed, and when I bought it the CEL was illuminated, and codes were the ones related to all 4 O2 sensors being bad at once.
Made the order to Mark at WranglerFix, but unit didn't come. Mark immediately contacted me to let me know they were still working on the 6 speed manual fix, and that more time was needed. Long story short I waited about a week, all the while Mark was assuring me it was coming. I decided to just cancel the order because my '05 was running fine, just the CEL and accompanying codes.
Mark contacted me and immediately refunded my money, but assured me that not only was he going to get the fix done correctly, but ship it to me overnight, wait until I was fully satisfied...and then and then only would he charge me.
He was a man of his word, and actually contacted me several times giving details about what they were experiencing with it, what the techs were saying, and when it should be done.
Well, this Friday I received the unit, installed it, and BAM - no more CEL, no more codes. Everything worked perfectly. Ran it Friday, Saturday, and some today (about 55 miles), and no issues whatsoever.
I contacted Mark via email to thank him, and to tell him to charge my Visa again. He called me and we had a nice chat, and he said if there is any issues let him know.
Now, during the time of my fix order (which was about $532 or so), Mark was informed by his techs that the fix for the Manual's was more expensive due to the part(s) they needed to use. So, he told me that he would even honor the original amount I had placed my order for, and not up it to cover his cost for the new parts.
He also shared that someone had actually been very rude to him saying he was giving them the run around, or trying the ole "bait-and-switch" on his website. He explained to them that this issue had just arisen, and that he had to change the price to cover the additional issue(s). They were rude, he said, and asked for a refund...which he gave, no problem.
Now, I can't speak for that person, but I will say that even if Mark hadn't agreed to charge me the original amount for my fix that I still would have paid the extra amount. I have spoken with him many times, and I can usually spot someone who is trying to pull a fast one - and I will personally attest: MARK AIN'T THAT GUY!
I see in the forums that many of the guys run the automatics, and the associated problems the PCM's are giving them. I also see several vids and testimonies from those who have ordered from Mark and WranglerFix that attest to his honesty.
So here I am, a 6 speed manual average Joe from Kentucky, giving my 2 cents worth. If you want it fixed, if you want the CEL off, codes gone, correctly working PCM, then WranglerFix is your place. Mark is honest, works hard to satisfy, and doesn't mince words. If it's a problem, he will go out of his way to fix it.
I would think that with so few options out there for this fix that even the toughest meathead would need to loosen up and give him a chance.
Happy jeeping!
David Brantley
Ky

I was really impressed with Mark and his being so forthcoming. He really does care about his business and those who use it. In a world where the 'big box store' mentality has nearly shut off customer service, Mark has brought back what it really means to put the customer first.
Oh, and did I mention they fixed the PCM?? LOL

I got my @Wranglerfix PCM installed today! The jeep fired right up with no issues at all. Right now it's idling great, and is running smooth.
I haven't had a chance to drive it today, the problem always pops up after an hour or two of driving. I'll see if I can't get it out tomorrow and test it thoroughly. Fingers crossed!!!!

And, bonus....
After changing the PCM, I no longer have the loud humming noise coming from the back of the jeep when I turn the key off!

Consider me another satisfied customer! I have a 2006 auto TJ. I've had a P1604 since last year, also had the hard shift issue and decided to pull the trigger on this one after reading a few reports.

Mark has excellent customer service, called my cell the night I put the order in. PCM came a few days later and was installed in about 10 minutes. Jeep has been running great, have put about 250 miles on it over the past 2 weeks and still running smooth was no lights.

Absolutely satisfied with the new PCM.

Update on mine,
It's running great so far. I drove it yesterday for a little bit, and a couple of hours today.
Like an idiot, I did not reset the trip meter or look at the milage when I installed it so I can't tell you exactly how many miles I've got on it. I can say tho, that the drive I made today (45 minutes there and 45 back) would have thrown the CEL light and caused erratic idling before the Wranglerfix PCM.
And also after replacing the PCM I no longer have a loud humming noise coming from the rear of the jeep when I turn the key off.

That probably sounded funnier in your head.
Yes... I know this guy a little bit offline so I've been messing with him a little bit. He's awesome.

He was a Honda technician for like 20 years... I'm glad he got to sorted out.

Reactions: GorillaBiscuit