Mark is the greatest. I've had my WranglerFix PCM for about 6 months now, and not a bobble. Mark is a straight shooter, no bull, take-care-of-it kinda guy. He will definitely go the extra mile to make sure your rig is running right. You won't be disappointed with his products in the least.

Mark is the greatest. I've had my WranglerFix PCM for about 6 months now, and not a bobble. Mark is a straight shooter, no bull, take-care-of-it kinda guy. He will definitely go the extra mile to make sure your rig is running right. You won't be disappointed with his products in the least.

Thank you very much! ✅💪🏻

Thank you very much! ✅💪🏻
Hey Mark, mine is working perfectly so far as well with over 600 miles, so have to say thanks. I have a question, when I called you to place my order we spoke briefly about opening up the guts of one of these troublesome devices to gain some insight into the problem, not sure if you recall? I still have one I paid a shameful price for that is collecting dust and I don’t really see the point of claiming my warranty for another. After thinking about it if you are still interested in prying it open to learn its secrets and wouldn’t mind sharing for all here to see and learn what this one is, I’d be happy to send it to you free for the good of all? Not asking for any of the wranglerfix secrets or anything like that, just a tiny peek into the rebuilt market, whatever it turns out.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
wranglerfix.com is the "Real Deal" when it comes to either troubleshooting your Jeep or replacing your PCM/ECM.

MarK Cantrell, the "owner" of "wranglerfix.com" saved me days and wasting $700 (which I DON'T HAVE) by troubleshooting my 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ 2.5L prior to purchasing a PCM/ECM from their business.

About a week and a half ago, after a frigid night, my Jeep started right up; however, the Alternator/Charging gauge was indicating about 10.5 volts charging (normally it's 14.4 volts). My alternator has made some high-pitched whining noises after getting some "under-spray" from wet roads, and then a "cold-snap" at night, and then the "whine" the following day. This has gone on/off for the last year and a half. Anyways, I immediately suspected my 20 year old original Denso alternator was bad, so I took it out, and took it to a few local auto stores in the area to have it tested, and their tests showed the alternator was "good." So, I had my 7 year old Sears DieHard battery checked at various places as well... battery was "good." So, I reinstalled the old alternator and battery, and took it down to one of the local auto parts store to have the "whole system" checked, and their tests indicated that the Voltage Regulator (VR) was bad. Having over 30 years of experience wrenching on cars, I "knew" the alternator was bad; however, I learned from the techs/manager from the local auto part store that the voltage regulator is "built-in" to Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep (MOPAR) PCM's... I was like "WHAT THE F**K" kind of engineers would "engineer" this kind of crap??? Anyways, I reached out to Mark Cantrell with wranglerfix.com for a replacement PCM; however, Mark reached out to his techs, and they were pretty adamant that the issue was either with the alternator or the battery, and since both were rather "aged," I went with my "gut instinct," and replaced the alternator with a refurb from the local AutoZone, and voila, my Jeepy is now a charging at 14.4 volts again...

Mark Cantrell, and his company wranglerfix.com are great guys!

They will definitely be on my list for any future replacement PCM/ECM when, if ever, the time comes.

Mark has been at this for over 30 years, and they work with PCM/ECM's for other manufacturers as well.

I'm not a "paid shill" nor have I ever purchased anything from wranglerfix.com.

Check 'em out.

THEY'VE MADE/SAVED MY WEEK!!!

And since that all worked out, I went ahead and did a full tune-up (coil, cap, rotor, plugs (.035 gap), and wires), and now that 2.5L has got some GO now!!!

Last edited:
Another post by a newbie! I bought a 2006 rubicon LJ with a manual a few weeks ago. I joined this forum because all the great info from everyone and loved the write up on the lifting for beginners. I went to get my emissions test and failed. It had a new battery so I drove it for awhile to clear the readiness monitor. My code reader said it was ready but then it failed again. Turns out every time I turned it off, it was like replacing the battery. Occasionally the fuel gauge didn’t work either and when it was warm it had trouble starting. Poking around on the forum brought me here. I called wrangler fix and he agreed that the problem is probably the pcm and if that is not the problem I could return it. I just ordered it and will update when it comes in.

Another post by a newbie! I bought a 2006 rubicon LJ with a manual a few weeks ago. I joined this forum because all the great info from everyone and loved the write up on the lifting for beginners. I went to get my emissions test and failed. It had a new battery so I drove it for awhile to clear the readiness monitor. My code reader said it was ready but then it failed again. Turns out every time I turned it off, it was like replacing the battery. Occasionally the fuel gauge didn’t work either and when it was warm it had trouble starting. Poking around on the forum brought me here. I called wrangler fix and he agreed that the problem is probably the pcm and if that is not the problem I could return it. I just ordered it and will update when it comes in.

Hello and welcome! Congrats on the 2006 LJR! I love the LJRs! 😁
You are definitely in good hands with Mark and Wranglerfix, I was in the same kind of situation where I just couldn't figure out what the heck was going on with my 05 LJR. Called up Wranglerfix, talked with Mark, and he offered the same deal... buy it, plug it in and see if it works, and if it didn't work, return for a full refund. I figured what the heck, it's worth a shot.
Well, it fixed all the problems! My Jeep has been running perfect ever since. I really think you will be happy with your experience.

Hey guys,

Thank you all for posts and kind words.

We are currently working on producing 03 and 04 ECM’s as they are getting extremely hard to come by.

Thank you again for your support of my products and company.

Mark

Mark,

As I understand it your PCMs will not accept a custom tune. I ask because I have an 06 with a Banks Turbo that has a custom tune. I live in fear of that PCM failing.

Hey guys,

Thank you all for posts and kind words.

We are currently working on producing 03 and 04 ECM’s as they are getting extremely hard to come by.

Thank you again for your support of my products and company.

Mark

Reproducing a ECM? That sounds complicated. Don't those things use special chipsets that no one but Mopar has access to?

Mark,

As I understand it your PCMs will not accept a custom tune. I ask because I have an 06 with a Banks Turbo that has a custom tune. I live in fear of that PCM failing.

I understand your concerns.

Our pcm is not the oem part so oem tuners and chargers are not compatible.

We have made a concerted effort to make it work to no avail. 🤯

Reproducing a ECM? That sounds complicated. Don't those things use special chipsets that no one but Mopar has access to?

Good morning a Chris,

Producing was the wrong word. We are testing other oem pcms in the same fashion as we did with the 05-06 in order to “solve” the lack of ECMs out there.

The 2003 2.4L is the other fix we are working on.

Reactions: Chris
Just got my Wranglerfix pcm in and installed it. After about 40 miles my code reader said it was ready to test for emissions. I’d seen that 4 times with the oem PCM but it would fail. Tested with the new one and I passed! Now I can get to real driving all legal with a tag! It has only been today, but my crazy fuel gauge and occasional hard start are gone too. Very happy today! Will update after some real miles and time but very good start

Hey guys,

Thank you for reading my post. I've spent several years working at an ECM company and quickly became aware of the PCM issues with the 05-06 Jeep Wrangler. In order to solve the issue, our company purchased an 05 and reversed-engineered a working, plug-and-drive PCM. I am enclosing a YouTube link that thoroughly walks through the issues and solution! (I just provided the PCM, Glen at @Ozzstar on YouTube did the hard work!)

I hope this helps some of you that have the issue.

best regards,

Mark

Just got off the phone with Mark. Great customer service by the way. Unfortunately, if any of you have made any mods such as a turbo or supercharger requiring you to modify/flash the PCM, his PCM will not work for you. I have the Banks turbo that utilizes the Demon flash tool. Without flashing the PCM, my Jeep won't move. Back to the drawing board.

Just got off the phone with Mark. Great customer service by the way. Unfortunately, if any of you have made any mods such as a turbo or supercharger requiring you to modify/flash the PCM, his PCM will not work for you. I have the Banks turbo that utilizes the Demon flash tool. Without flashing the PCM, my Jeep won't move. Back to the drawing board.
Go back to stock and get Wrangler fix PCM or do an LS swap.

Just got off the phone with Mark. Great customer service by the way. Unfortunately, if any of you have made any mods such as a turbo or supercharger requiring you to modify/flash the PCM, his PCM will not work for you...

Not being able to reprogram for mods such as a supercharger or turbocharger is (perhaps) NOT exactly true. Look at the very first comment, the one all the way at the bottom, on this video below.

Rob Sullivan says (and I quote): "I had my pcm from Wranglerfix in 2 days. I installed it, then my Sprintex tune without any issues. It’s been a few weeks of driving and have no problems at all"

I asked how he did this and he has not yet replied. And there is no way to know if Rob Sullivan is being honest, And you are 100% correct ...Mark does claim his PCM cannot be tuned with a programmer

Reactions: Rowan River