• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

1515art

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My 2006 rubicon automatic began displaying the old check engine light for the first time, I changed the PCM a year ago with a refreshed one from Flagship 1 after noticing hard shift from 1st to 2nd on occasion (no ck eng light) on a PCM replaced prior to me getting the Jeep. basically the FS1 PCM has been trouble free but It’s been feeling like the performance has been worse than it should and I’ve been getting 10mpg fill-ups far to often, anyway I’m digressing... on the way driving home from a trip out to Gold Basin Arizona I was just back into Las Vegas driveing 55mph on a parkway when the Jeep went into a limp mode firing on what felt like 3 cylinders and the check engine light began flashing to signify something important was happening to take notice of. I limped off the parkway into a handy parking lot grabbed a wrench popped the hood and reset the PCM, back on the road the Jeep was running normally but the check engine light wouldn’t clear, the codes were for the security feature (I don’t have) and o2 (my cats and sensors are fairly new) after getting home I switched the year old FS1 PCM with my old PCM and the codes cleared and remained off for several hundred miles with out returning and the Jeep was driving normally.

Made a phone call to Mark at wranglerfix, great guy enjoyed talking to him and he is willing to take whatever time you want to learn about what he’s doing (within reason) so I felt really comfortable trusting him and was assured he’s very sensitive to his relationship with this community and appreciates how important this is to all of us. After getting off the phone with Mark I logged onto the wranglerfix.com forum and provided the vin and other information, I chose the expedited shipping option. In somewhere around 2 maybe 3 days I got an email from wrangler fix letting me know the work on my unit had been completed and it was ready for shipping followed by a second email from the storefront host providing me the USPS tracking information and a couple days later my package with my new PCM was sitting in my mail box ready to install, roughly 5 days for me from the time of order and delivery from Florida to Las Vegas I feel was very reasonable an just happened to fit my schedule perfectly around all my other obligations, just an additional bit of luck.

5 minutes after opening the package my new to me wranglerfix PCM was in place and I was sitting in the drivers seat hopefully turning the ignition key and happy to repot no disappointment the engine was purring without a moments hesitation the second it had spark. Backing my Jeep down and out the driveway for the first test of the new computer the engine felt smooth and slipping the gear selector into drive the Jeep did feel fresh and more responsive. The difference seemed to me more than just a PCM with no bad habits yet because I’m able to compare against the other 2 PCM’s I’d just switched, it remains to be seen if I see any improvement in mileage but the Jeep in the short distance I’ve traveled is running much better than before, or so it feels. I’ll see how it goes returning the FS1 computer for my one time lifetime replacement, and depending on their customer service we’ll see as there is Always option (B) and to sacrifice it for science?

Reactions: GorillaBiscuit

GorillaBiscuit

TJ Enthusiast
@1515art , Please keep updating! I'm very curious to know how you like your Wranglerfix PCM. Especially since you've had experience with a different company, and also with the stock one.
Mine seems to have cured my jeep from the electrical gremlin that was living in my TPS and fuel pump. I've not driven a whole lot with it yet, but so far it's been great!!

1515art

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
@1515art , Please keep updating! I'm very curious to know how you like your Wranglerfix PCM. Especially since you've had experience with a different company, and also with the stock one.
Mine seems to have cured my jeep from the electrical gremlin that was living in my TPS and fuel pump. I've not driven a whole lot with it yet, but so far it's been great!!
Will do, I’m in California now and the Jeep is at my place in Las Vegas I’ll be back putting some miles on it in a little over a week we’ll see how things go and after a few hundred mile I’ll update this thread.