My 2006 rubicon automatic began displaying the old check engine light for the first time, I changed the PCM a year ago with a refreshed one from Flagship 1 after noticing hard shift from 1st to 2nd on occasion (no ck eng light) on a PCM replaced prior to me getting the Jeep. basically the FS1 PCM has been trouble free but It’s been feeling like the performance has been worse than it should and I’ve been getting 10mpg fill-ups far to often, anyway I’m digressing... on the way driving home from a trip out to Gold Basin Arizona I was just back into Las Vegas driveing 55mph on a parkway when the Jeep went into a limp mode firing on what felt like 3 cylinders and the check engine light began flashing to signify something important was happening to take notice of. I limped off the parkway into a handy parking lot grabbed a wrench popped the hood and reset the PCM, back on the road the Jeep was running normally but the check engine light wouldn’t clear, the codes were for the security feature (I don’t have) and o2 (my cats and sensors are fairly new) after getting home I switched the year old FS1 PCM with my old PCM and the codes cleared and remained off for several hundred miles with out returning and the Jeep was driving normally.

Made a phone call to Mark at wranglerfix, great guy enjoyed talking to him and he is willing to take whatever time you want to learn about what he’s doing (within reason) so I felt really comfortable trusting him and was assured he’s very sensitive to his relationship with this community and appreciates how important this is to all of us. After getting off the phone with Mark I logged onto the wranglerfix.com forum and provided the vin and other information, I chose the expedited shipping option. In somewhere around 2 maybe 3 days I got an email from wrangler fix letting me know the work on my unit had been completed and it was ready for shipping followed by a second email from the storefront host providing me the USPS tracking information and a couple days later my package with my new PCM was sitting in my mail box ready to install, roughly 5 days for me from the time of order and delivery from Florida to Las Vegas I feel was very reasonable an just happened to fit my schedule perfectly around all my other obligations, just an additional bit of luck.

5 minutes after opening the package my new to me wranglerfix PCM was in place and I was sitting in the drivers seat hopefully turning the ignition key and happy to repot no disappointment the engine was purring without a moments hesitation the second it had spark. Backing my Jeep down and out the driveway for the first test of the new computer the engine felt smooth and slipping the gear selector into drive the Jeep did feel fresh and more responsive. The difference seemed to me more than just a PCM with no bad habits yet because I’m able to compare against the other 2 PCM’s I’d just switched, it remains to be seen if I see any improvement in mileage but the Jeep in the short distance I’ve traveled is running much better than before, or so it feels. I’ll see how it goes returning the FS1 computer for my one time lifetime replacement, and depending on their customer service we’ll see as there is Always option (B) and to sacrifice it for science?

Reactions: GorillaBiscuit
@1515art , Please keep updating! I'm very curious to know how you like your Wranglerfix PCM. Especially since you've had experience with a different company, and also with the stock one.
Mine seems to have cured my jeep from the electrical gremlin that was living in my TPS and fuel pump. I've not driven a whole lot with it yet, but so far it's been great!!

@1515art , Please keep updating! I'm very curious to know how you like your Wranglerfix PCM. Especially since you've had experience with a different company, and also with the stock one.
Mine seems to have cured my jeep from the electrical gremlin that was living in my TPS and fuel pump. I've not driven a whole lot with it yet, but so far it's been great!!
Will do, I’m in California now and the Jeep is at my place in Las Vegas I’ll be back putting some miles on it in a little over a week we’ll see how things go and after a few hundred mile I’ll update this thread.

Well I’ve been reading forums for 3 days straight. I’m a librarian so research is my life. After everything I’ve read I’ve decid d to go with the wrangler fix. I just purchased an 05 LJ with 102000 miles. It’s been throwing transmission codes need to ask my mechanic for the exact codes. He says it’s the pcm. He’s been trying to find one at a junkyard and I haven’t even been able to drive the rig yet. He says he’ll give me dealer plates and i can just take it for now. My question is should I just drive it now and wait til the pcm fully fails? It’s shifting ok just check engine light is on. I also imagine it won’t pass smog. Also what r the chances that it is a transmission issue and not the pcm? Thx y’all. I’m so glad to back in a wrangler and I love my LJ. I need to get it on the road.

Well I’ve been reading forums for 3 days straight. I’m a librarian so research is my life. After everything I’ve read I’ve decid d to go with the wrangler fix. I just purchased an 05 LJ with 102000 miles. It’s been throwing transmission codes need to ask my mechanic for the exact codes. He says it’s the pcm. He’s been trying to find one at a junkyard and I haven’t even been able to drive the rig yet. He says he’ll give me dealer plates and i can just take it for now. My question is should I just drive it now and wait til the pcm fully fails? It’s shifting ok just check engine light is on. I also imagine it won’t pass smog. Also what r the chances that it is a transmission issue and not the pcm? Thx y’all. I’m so glad to back in a wrangler and I love my LJ. I need to get it on the road.
You’ll most likely be fine until you can order a PCM - I wouldn’t wait any longer than you need to afford it though. Transmissions aren’t something you wanna mess up.

From what you describe, you don’t have the hard shift issue that most of us experienced. You said it is shifting fine and the CEL is on. The hard shift issue does not trigger the CEL. It produces codes P0218 and P0714. I’d suggest you get the codes from your mechanic and post them here before you order your PCM. It’s probably a bad PCM, but you never know. Just my two cents.

Reactions: taylormade73
From what you describe, you don’t have the hard shift issue that most of us experienced. You said it is shifting fine and the CEL is on. The hard shift issue does not trigger the CEL. It produces codes P0218 and P0714. I’d suggest you get the codes from your mechanic and post them here before you order your PCM. It’s probably a bad PCM, but you never know. Just my two cents.
I know he said p1604 I think there was another one but I don’t remember.

Well I spoke to Mark at wranglerfix and I ordered my pcm on Thursday. He sounded sincere and knowledgeable. I told him that the rig would not pass smog as the CEL is on ( I live in Cali) and he guaranteed me that his pcm would fix the issue. He offered me free 2 day shipping and the part is supposed to be here by Monday. I am so excited I feel like its Christmas. I really, really, hope this solves my issue and I can wait get this bad boy on the road. Will keep y'all posted. Tomorrow is the big day!!!

Just got back today from our week trip to the Outer Banks/Virginia Beach, a total of 1,145 miles round trip. This included about 3 hours worth of driving up and down the beach playing around. All slow speed, some deep sand, transmission temp gauge getting up to about 170* when digging around in the deeper stuff for a while. Still no shifting issues at all.

I have 2,244 miles now on the PCM since replacing it. Thanks again Mark, @Wranglerfix .

Just another update; 3000 miles now on the @Wranglerfix PCM.

No issues, running smooth as can be.

I've had mine out a few times since the weather has been nice lately and the Jeep is still performing absolutely flawlessly. I've got another full tank of fuel through it since installing the Wranglerfix PCM, and I'm still amazed at how she's running. Smooth perfect idle, no hard shifting, no weird noises.
I'm sorry I didn't write down the milage when I installed it, but I don't drive the Jeep a whole lot. My updates would consist of miles in the hundreds month after month and I know that's not what people are interested in. Lol

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Good morning Wrangler family,

I need your help (today?!?) in designing a Wranglerfix logo to be used on pcms, stickers and other marketing materials.

After thinking about it, who better to come up with a logo for my products than a fellow Jeeper? Think about it and send me your ideas! (Dinner on Wranglerfix!) 🥩

The website is currently being updated to encompass from ECMs YJ through JLU’s. All years, all Wranglers!

We have (almost) secured a 2004 automatic to use a a template for those of you with 2003-2004 tcm issues.
If things go according to plan, we will be able to mass produce the tcms. ✅

I want to thank each and every one of you for your continued support and testimonials. This proves my theory that word-of-mouth advertising will beat pop-up ads all day, every day.

One by one, sale by sale, you guys have helped my company grow very quickly in a very short period. The standards, quality and customer service will never, ever change. You have my personal assurances.

All the best,

Mark

The photo below is a 95 4.0 L before, during and after. 👇🏻

6F527D23-62F8-4FA0-8DFA-B94F25E03E54.jpeg

I have no image making/editing skills, but I have ideas.

Something like a skull and crossbones, but use a Jeep grille for the skull with wrenches as the crossbones and Wrangler Fix text above or below it. There could be YJ and TJ versions of the grille.

Or, just a simple Wrangler Fix text separated by a wrench.
Something like, but with the word "Fix" being centered. Anf the "O====C" being a wrench. LOL

Wrangler
O=====C
Fix

I've had mine out a few times since the weather has been nice lately and the Jeep is still performing absolutely flawlessly. I've got another full tank of fuel through it since installing the Wranglerfix PCM, and I'm still amazed at how she's running. Smooth perfect idle, no hard shifting, no weird noises.
I'm sorry I didn't write down the milage when I installed it, but I don't drive the Jeep a whole lot. My updates would consist of miles in the hundreds month after month and I know that's not what people are interested in. Lol
Big Red needs to see more of Tennessee.

The name Wranglerfix is excellent . Keep the logo simple , and try to do something sharp enough people would display it. Stickers need to go out with every pcm.

Also , you want to be seen as better than stock in the Jeep world , not a replacement for a defect .

“WRANGLERFIX - PCM PERFORMANCE “

As far as a logo, a lighting bolt over the 7 slot grill , inserted where the hyphen is above .

For anyone still with doubts the WranglerFix.com computer does work. We had code after code popping up, took it to two different dealerships with misdiagnoses each time. They want to change solenoids, valve body and internal wiring. We even tried the input and output sensors, changing transmission fluid, tested the wiring. Codes keep showing for voltage conditions and high temperature.
After talking to Mark Cantrell, I knew he had the solution to my problem. I ordered from him and in days the Jeep was back on the road.
It has been driven over 200 miles and not a light, hard start or bad shift. Matter of fact it starts faster and shifts smoother then our previous experiences in our Jeep.
Thanks to Mark no more sleepless night worrying about our Wrangler.

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0542.JPG