The East side is dry. 16” annual rainfall, but the problem is there’s nowhere decent to wheel. If we go W we get over to the wet side. I presume in summer the trails are pretty dry. Reiter was when I was over in July. I don’t know about Walker or others. If I go south into ID I think it stays dry. Looks like some decent wheelin in S Idaho, but that’s quite a drive.

It all depends. That one picture of my Jeep buried in the mud is July. The trails are still wet if we had a large snow fall the past winter. So even though we don't get the rain the wetside does we still have mud.

It was a dry year this summer for the wetside. That isn't normal. The trails in the central part of the state (best wheeling IMO) can get so dry and dusty in Aug & Sept that you have to wear a mask and googles to be able to run them. I'd rather deal with the mud but that is me.

Reactions: JMT
This is from the Naches area (central WA) but still volcanic ash type soil.

View attachment 369340

View attachment 369341

And it's why a lot run a tire carrier that isn't mounted to the tub. If you notice the buggy is pushing the Jeep up that hill.

My 4 little squirrels were screaming and I had the TeraLow 4:1 kit in the Jeep at this point.

View attachment 369342

Yuck. Not volcanic ash that I know of, but we have stuff that acts like that. I built a fence a while back and it took 3x as long because of the way it would stick to my clamshell diggers and I'd have to knock or scrape it off.

Reactions: Wildman
Yuck. Not volcanic ash that I know of, but we have stuff that acts like that. I built a fence a while back and it took 3x as long because of the way it would stick to my clamshell diggers and I'd have to knock or scrape it off.

That is exactly like the crap in N Idaho. It gums and clumps up and the only way to get it off is to scrape or blast it.

It all depends. That one picture of my Jeep buried in the mud is July. The trails are still wet if we had a large snow fall the past winter. So even though we don't get the rain the wetside does we still have mud.

It was a dry year this summer for the wetside. That isn't normal. The trails in the central part of the state (best wheeling IMO) can get so dry and dusty in Aug & Sept that you have to wear a mask and googles to be able to run them. I'd rather deal with the mud but that is me.

I need to start planning on corner armor before I get body damage. I’ve been wanting to do the GenRight 0” Boulder’s up front and just armor for the rear.

Reactions: Irun
I bought these rear CA’s from @starkey480. He said they were not car show ready, but I can’t even tell he wheeled them. They look brand new to me. Either they got pillow soft rocks in AZ or somethings awry.

7FA6EC7C-F90B-42C9-8856-DDE9785751A7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
I need to start planning on corner armor before I get body damage. I’ve been wanting to do the GenRight 0” Boulder’s up front and just armor for the rear.

You need to do it soon, before any of the good options completely disappear!

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
Taking JJ’s apart for the first time. I borrowed a 2-ton arbor press from a friend who is coming into owner possession of a fab shop in December. He asked me about helping with any projects I have. Yum. We will see if I have the guts to move forward with this build, but it won’t be anytime too soon.

I have to stay focused. Greasing JJ’s.

2B58B05E-95A2-46BF-A39F-BFAA0FF38F5D.jpeg

32E200DD-5B2E-4E34-9578-825DD03D4B02.jpeg

58D97FDF-E096-42E1-A75B-772894A1B407.jpeg

4 down, 4 to go. It’s just nice to be in the shop with the tools and the Savinelli wrenching!

74E6680E-4A25-4A87-8B27-2EAA903A8023.jpeg

Taking JJ’s apart for the first time. I borrowed a 2-ton arbor press from a friend who is coming into owner possession of a fab shop in December. He asked me about helping with any projects I have. Yum. We will see if I have the guts to move forward with this build, but it won’t be anytime too soon.

I have to stay focused. Greasing JJ’s.

View attachment 374088

View attachment 374089

View attachment 374090
4 down, 4 to go. It’s just nice to be in the shop with the tools and the Savinelli wrenching!

View attachment 374091

You look so ostentatious.