St. Helens, Bend, Sandy, Gresham, Portland - my wife’s family primarily, but I have an uncle out there too. Beautiful country.

Columbia River Gorge is spectacular - first date with my wife. Crown Point, Multnomah Falls…enjoy.

When was the last time you visited back here? :)

When was the last time you visited back here? :)

It’s been a few years. Nina was out there a couple of months ago, and couple of my kids and their families were out to visit last week.

20 years ago Portland was one of my favorite towns. A real shame what has happened.

Reactions: Alex01
It’s been a few years. Nina was out there a couple of months ago, and couple of my kids and their families were out to visit last week.

20 years ago Portland was one of my favorite towns. A real shame what has happened.

It is amazing how fast Portland (and Seattle ) went to shit. I moved to the PNW in 2009, and I was impressed with the area then. Now, I think downtown Baltimore is nicer than Portland.

Awesome work painting the armor. Definitely worth considering when I get the new rockers installed!

Reactions: JMT
It is amazing how fast Portland (and Seattle ) went to shit. I moved to the PNW in 2009, and I was impressed with the area then. Now, I think downtown Baltimore is nicer than Portland.

Funny you say that - I'm from the Baltimore area and worked downtown for many years (25+ years ago). I was there when they opened Harbor Place and loved it down there. Often boated to the Inner Harbor. I still have a bunch of family up there, and no one goes downtown anymore due to crime and decay. It's a shame.

and no one goes downtown anymore due to crime and decay.

Downtown Baltimore is definitely sketch. Its sad because there is so much history downtown that you can no longer enjoy.

When we moved out of there in 2017 we stopped at a dry ice facility to load up the freezer of meat we were hauling and before I even entered the facility, a worker came out and said "lock your shit up, otherwise it will be gone before we get back to load the ice".

The City is gross too with literal trash everywhere. We were driving up I83 and and the car in front of us threw his balled up burger wrapper out of his sunroof and held his follow through. Couldn't believe it.

Born and raised in southern maryland and I don’t think I’ve ever even been to downtown Baltimore because the crime. Will always just avoid going if I can. It’s grown a bit too where Waldorf md (a lot closer to where I grew up) has gotten really bad recently too.

• Sad
Reactions: NashvilleTJ and JMT
Awesome work painting the armor. Definitely worth considering when I get the new rockers installed!
Thanks. It was a little daunting, but now that it’s done it’s not so hard. I’m going to post an Excell sheet with my step by step procedure if it can help someone.

Are your upcoming rockers a set of the project rockers I’ve seen hints of?

Someone said I’d now painted 1/4-1/3 of the Jeep. May as well do the rest. 🤣

A night on the Columbia in Boardman, OR. We’re getting old! She still looks amazing!

IMG_0452.jpeg

Love my younger girls. Just girls and me in this trip. I’m stuck watching Troop Beverly Hills tonight! 🤣 The bright light in the movie is the YJ Sahara. 🥳
IMG_0467.jpeg

IMG_0466.jpeg

Watched a Beaver for a good bit of the time. You can see him poking his head up here.
IMG_0464.jpeg

Last edited:
Traveled west down 84 and at Hood Village traveled south on the Mt Hood Scenic Byway. First time to see Mt Hood. Only Mountsin in N America to have year round ski lift service. 12 glaciers above the 6,000foot tree line. Mountain is about 11,400 ft tall. Made friends with a Raven.

IMG_0476.jpeg

IMG_0481.jpeg

• Haha
Thoroughly enjoyed reading your build thread start to finish over the last couple of weeks. Amazing transforming and progression. I'm back in to a TJR, after getting rid of my first TJ 18 years ago and regretting it ever since. Mine came fairly well setup, but a lot of great information shared in this has me developing where I'd like it to go. Your family of jeeps is awesome and all the photos make me wish we lived a lot closer to the mountains, down here in S.E Texas, north of Houston so its a few hours to go find some rocks. Great stuff again, Very well done!

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your build thread start to finish over the last couple of weeks. Amazing transforming and progression. I'm back in to a TJR, after getting rid of my first TJ 18 years ago and regretting it ever since. Mine came fairly well setup, but a lot of great information shared in this has me developing where I'd like it to go. Your family of jeeps is awesome and all the photos make me wish we lived a lot closer to the mountains, down here in S.E Texas, north of Houston so its a few hours to go find some rocks. Great stuff again, Very well done!

Welcome back to a TJ, and a TJR at that! Glad you enjoyed my journey. It’s been a learning experience. I still have a lot to learn. Bummer you’re in the coastal flatlands. Your closest rocks are Hidden Falls I think. 😬 If you can get up to the Hill Country you’ll have a great time! Nice to hear a voice from TX! If you need anything let me know. Post up a pic of your TJR.

Welcome back to a TJ, and a TJR at that! Glad you enjoyed my journey. It’s been a learning experience. I still have a lot to learn. Bummer you’re in the coastal flatlands. Your closest rocks are Hidden Falls I think. 😬 If you can get up to the Hill Country you’ll have a great time! Nice to hear a voice from TX! If you need anything let me know. Post up a pic of your TJR.
Here's some photos from day I picked it up. Alot to like, a few things I'm not sold on. Tire carrier looks cool, but for my purposes is super impractical and a pain to mess with if I need to open tailgate of Jeep. Not sure if I will keep it for either another tire carrier or just roll without since Jeep wont be making any long treks on its own. Immediate to do list, is clean up interior, have the bed rug set, bluetooth stereo. Has a flowmaster exhaust which I dont care for so thats coming off. Plan over next year will be to regear to 4.88's, its a 6 speed manual, 35's and well see from there. Its got all Metal cloak Short arm adjustables around it, I wanted a long arm on my last one before i got rid of it. Reading about mid arms, maybe thats something to consider, falls in the want over need category but you know how addictions with jeeps goes. looking forward to the ride, Kids love it, so a win there. Love the site, appreciate all the information!

angle shot.jpg

front.jpg

rear angle.jpg

side photo.jpg

Here's some photos from day I picked it up. Alot to like, a few things I'm not sold on. Tire carrier looks cool, but for my purposes is super impractical and a pain to mess with if I need to open tailgate of Jeep. Not sure if I will keep it for either another tire carrier or just roll without since Jeep wont be making any long treks on its own. Immediate to do list, is clean up interior, have the bed rug set, bluetooth stereo. Has a flowmaster exhaust which I dont care for so thats coming off. Plan over next year will be to regear to 4.88's, its a 6 speed manual, 35's and well see from there. Its got all Metal cloak Short arm adjustables around it, I wanted a long arm on my last one before i got rid of it. Reading about mid arms, maybe thats something to consider, falls in the want over need category but you know how addictions with jeeps goes. looking forward to the ride, Kids love it, so a win there. Love the site, appreciate all the information!

View attachment 432863

View attachment 432864

View attachment 432865

View attachment 432866

Love Solar Yellow Jeeps. Here’s one of my favorite shots from our recent trip to Moab. I think you should build yours like the yellow one belonging to @NashvilleTJ. 😍 Tonz and fodeeezzz!

IMG_9974.jpeg

Last edited: