Love Solar Yellow Jeeps. Here’s one of my favorite shots from our recent trip to Moab. I think you should build yours like the yellow one belonging to @NashvilleTJ. 😍 Tonz and fodeeezzz!

View attachment 432878

Ill need to upgrade the garage too, cant go to crazy off the rip or wife will start asking questions I dont have good answers for yet. I dont think I'd pick yellow to drive every day but kids love it and its growing on me a lot, lots of waves and looks for sure, hard to miss. The plan is to build it that direction certainly, gotta set the hook on the wife to buy into that kind of project, but we will get there. Kids are on board for it so that helps.

Got home from trip and after unloading everything I went straight to work.

A-Pillar armor, corners, and tailgate armor all painted and installed. I decided to paint the tail light bezels silver to match the flares. I also sanded the scratches out of the gas fill bezel that resulted from the flop and painted with SEM black. I also color matched the hardware to make the armor as low profile as possible. I kind of wish I painted the rub rail, but it’s going to get rubbed, so what’s the point?!

What do you think about the color?

IMG_0558.jpeg

IMG_0559.jpeg

IMG_0560.jpeg

IMG_0561.jpeg

IMG_0553.jpeg

IMG_0555.jpeg

IMG_0556.jpeg

IMG_0562.jpeg

A-Pillar armor, corners, and tailgate armor all painted and installed. I decided to paint the tail light bezels silver to match the flares. I also sanded the scratches out of the gas fill bezel that resulted from the flop and painted with SEM black. I also color matched the hardware to make the armor as low profile as possible. I kind of wish I painted the rub rail, but it’s going to get rubbed, so what’s the point?!

View attachment 432974

View attachment 432975

View attachment 432976

View attachment 432977

View attachment 432978

View attachment 432979

View attachment 432980

View attachment 432981

Looking awesome. Nicely done.

How much vertical in the summer?

I think Timberline pass is the only section usually open year round. They currently closed for some summer projects. The base is still about 29”. I’m not sure how much vertical in summer. Maybe someone who lives over there would know.

Reactions: Brianj5600

View attachment 432979

View attachment 432980
I feel like I'm seeing soft focus Glamour shots here!

Ill need to upgrade the garage too, cant go to crazy off the rip or wife will start asking questions I dont have good answers for yet. I dont think I'd pick yellow to drive every day but kids love it and its growing on me a lot, lots of waves and looks for sure, hard to miss. The plan is to build it that direction certainly, gotta set the hook on the wife to buy into that kind of project, but we will get there. Kids are on board for it so that helps.

We got a lot of good answers for wives around here. 🤣

View attachment 432974

View attachment 432975

View attachment 432976

View attachment 432977

View attachment 432978

View attachment 432979

View attachment 432980

View attachment 432981

Looking real good 😍, love the attention to detail!

Are those 15s?

Looking real good 😍, love the attention to detail!

Are those 15s?

Thanks. Yes, they are 15's. Mamba MR1X wheels with 4.5" BS and a spacer to bring it down to 4.25" BS.

Looks great! Have you considered painting the flat sides of the front fenders behind the flare?

I almost tried to paint the flat section behind the front fender but leave the mesh insert raw aluminum. That’s what I really wanted to do, but the prospect was too daunting. Ideally I would need to remove the front fender. There are a couple lower bolts that bolt it to the firewall that require about 10,000 micro engagements to remove them, so I let it go.

Thanks for the kudos. It reminds me to post up my process in an Excell document.

I’ll definitely think about it if I plan to remove the fenders for some reason. 🙂

It looks great. I don’t disagree with the above suggestion, but wouldn’t be worth it to me, either.

What ab
I almost tried to paint the flat section behind the front fender but leave the mesh insert raw aluminum. That’s what I really wanted to do, but the prospect was too daunting. Ideally I would need to remove the front fender. There are a couple lower bolts that bolt it to the firewall that require about 10,000 micro engagements to remove them, so I let it go.

Thanks for the kudos. It reminds me to post up my process in an Excell document.

I’ll definitely think about it if I plan to remove the fenders for some reason. 🙂
What about adding this side pannel and painting it red like the corner armor? https://genright.com/shop-by-vehicle/jeep-tj-97-06/tj-lj-flak-jacket-tub-panel-guards-aluminum/