Wait...did I hear you correctly? Those flush cutting knipex are hard enough to cut steel? Now, I need to buy them. I've been getting buy just getting the inexpensive "gate trimmers" from injection molding supply houses. They do copper ok, but if you hit anything hard then that, they are ready for the garbage. They are cheap though...like 5-10 bucks.

Look at the handle on the 5" versions.
1717289374564.png

Reactions: Mike_H
Awesome tool. I have had one for a while and I got it for trimming small electronics wiring stuff when I was doing hobby projects in the past. Worth the money imo.

View attachment 531471

Sri - I was afraid to ask Blaine, because he always yells at me, but what do the numbers on the lower arm mean?

:)

Sri - I was afraid to ask Blaine, because he always yells at me, but what do the numbers on the lower arm mean?

Based on the pliers Sri is holding...

Cu = Periodic table symbol for copper - max wire diameter of 2.1mm
Fe = Periodic table symbol for iron (I assume they are using that as a stand in for steel) - Max wire diameter of 1.4mm

Reactions: NashvilleTJ

I yell because anyone who doesn't know the difference between an arm and a handle needs to be yelled at for that and also for not paying attention in 3rd grade science class where they introduced the Periodic Table.

Last edited:
I yell because anyone who doesn't know the difference between an arm and a handle needs to be yelled at for that and also for not paying attention in 3rd grade science class where they introduced the Periodic Table.

I get your hyperbole, but I’m pretty sure the periodic table is not introduced until about 8th grade. Now maybe when more was required of kids it was introduced earlier (and I wish we were back in those days). I have a minor in chemistry, and in the university one of my profs told us on the first day of class that if we could memorize the periodic table with atomic weights, masses, symbols, etc..as he had it projected we would get an A and could skip the rest of the course. Nobody did it. Yell away…

I get your hyperbole, but I’m pretty sure the periodic table is not introduced until about 8th grade. Now maybe when more was required of kids it was introduced earlier (and I wish we were back in those days). I have a minor in chemistry, and in the university one of my profs told us on the first day of class that if we could memorize the periodic table with atomic weights, masses, symbols, etc..as he had it projected we would get an A and could skip the rest of the course. Nobody did it. Yell away…

The potentially more confusing part is the European use of a comma where we use a decimal point.

If, you, can't, tell, the, difference, between, an, arm, and, a, handle,, does, it, really, matter,?

• Haha
Reactions: mvigo and JMT
I got rid of my soft top hardware many years ago. Fortunately, @mjonesjr84 was giving away his hardware. Thanks! It arrived today. It’s been a really cool spring with some days 75 and wanting to go topless and most days being 65 or less and wanting the top on. Now I need to find a soft top.

I’ve been looking at Bestop’s Pavement Ends, but open to any suggestions or warnings.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009FC8C5Y?tag=wranglerorg-20

IMG_3702.jpeg

Reactions: mjonesjr84
I got rid of my soft top hardware many years ago. Fortunately, @mjonesjr84 was giving away his hardware. Thanks! It arrived today. It’s been a really cool spring with some days 75 and wanting to go topless and most days being 65 or less and wanting the top on. Now I need to find a soft top.

I’ve been looking at Bestop’s Pavement Ends, but open to any suggestions or warnings.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009FC8C5Y?tag=wranglerorg-20

View attachment 531957

If it matters, the 6 large button heads in the extruded U-nuts are not typically used for the hard top, or soft top. They are the screws for the sides of the dash that the door hides when shut.

Reactions: JMT
If it matters, the 6 large button heads in the extruded U-nuts are not typically used for the hard top, or soft top. They are the screws for the sides of the dash that the door hides when shut.

It does matter. I was like, “WTH are these?” Now I remember them on each side of my dash when I removed the bolts.

Are door surrounds only needed for full doors with a soft top?

Are door surrounds only needed for full doors with a soft top?

Without door surrounds, the soft uppers will flop and flutter around more than they will with the surrounds. And the horizontal portion of the surround is what the soft top attaches to.

The vertical section of the surrounds can be separated and removed to give the top something to secure to.
20240526_144051.jpg