55F8C491-02B1-44B8-BF4E-B4CEC2FF9FED.png

My good friend and wheelin buddy @b0xcar has been honing his GoPro skills. This video is edited down to 3:38, but took 16 minutes and lots of rock stacking, moving, shifting. It’s a yellow trail at Wolf Caves. We’ve never run yellow. It’s really 35 or 37 territory. I’d feel more comfortable on 37’s. It was a short distance so we went for it. At one point my front driveshaft was on a rock. Not a nice place to be when you need to go in reverse. At 2:16 you see my entire Jeep sitting on one rock under the TCase skid. Want to know what happens when you do that? Watch the video. The only thing that stopped the rotation was my rear bumper hitting a rock. Kudos to b0xcar!

https://gopro.com/v/1er5LL9PEqEvz

Last edited:
I removed the roll bar padding on the advice of @lowranger, @bobthetj03 and @Alex01 pointers. Apparently Chrysler didn’t run out of paint that day or the manager was on the floor at the time my rig was getting painted because my roll bars are red! I decided to leave them off in the rear and put the front ones back on. I like the look!
5876A16C-5388-4BE9-A961-3BCCB54B099E.jpeg

I removed the roll bar padding on the advice of @lowranger, @bobthetj03 and @Alex01 pointers. Apparently Chrysler didn’t run out of paint that day or the manager was on the floor at the time my rig was getting painted because my roll bars are red! I decided to leave them off in the rear and put the front ones back on. I like the look!
View attachment 98483
Looking sharp.

Reactions: JMT
View attachment 98483
Looks better that way IMO. The pads get sun bleached and water stained.

Reactions: Bob in Texas
View attachment 98483
Been thinking about it with mine. At least now I know how it will look 🤓

Reactions: JMT
You and me both! If I could do it all again I'd just stick with the 31" tires.

I was really kidding myself when I thought I needed 33" tires!
You guys have me thinking twice about going to 33's. We don't do anything crazy, no rock gardens or anything, mostly mild trails. Hmm.

You guys have me thinking twice about going to 33's. We don't do anything crazy, no rock gardens or anything, mostly mild trails. Hmm.
That was a long time ago. Chris recanted of that 31” thinking. 🤣However, a TJR on 32’s with a 2” SL + 1” BL and 2-3” tuck would be a very capable low cost build

Last edited:
That was a long time ago. Chris recanted if that 31” thinking. However, a TJR on 32’s with a 2” SL + 1” BL and 2-3” tuck would be a very capable low cost build
Lol. I was reading Chris's prior post on page 1. If 33's chris knew about the 35s in his future. 🤣