Looks like a 1"MML and BL are up next month. Anyone have any experience with both Brown Dog and MORE MML? Any problems with either? Anyone know of any others that should be considered? I was thinking the Brown Dog have a great reputation and look really stout and great customer service.

As far as BL, Jerry has mentioned the 1" Performance Accessories and others the 1.25" JKS. Does a higher body lift make a higher TT possible down the line? I don't want to go over 1.25" because I think it will look stupid, but what's the rule of thumb here if you ultimately want to get as flat a skid as possible???

^^^My Jeep post got buried under Politics in like 5 minutes. So if you missed and can comment on above I appreciate it!

I can't comment on the MML, but I don't think you'd go wrong with either choice. If your stock mounts are in good shape, you could use spacer blocks like the ones JKS and Savvy offer and save some coin. If I were do a BL, I'd go with one that allows you to re-use your stock rubber bushings, unless your stockers are wore out or toast. My 2 cents.

1" Brown Dog MM delivered. Packaging was superb. Instructions in Color. Even stickers on packaging in Color. Top notch.

IMG_5835.JPG

I've decided to go ahead w a BL too. It'll give me options for 33's in the future and more room for the upcoming Novak Shifter and TT and still look good with 31's. I'll do the Savvy 1.25" so I can keep my stock rubber body mount bushings and keep that good ride.

Reactions: Chris
Good choice on the Brown Dog mounts. Those things are very high quality!
Anything I need to watch out for with the BL? Am I going to have to adjust my stock TC shifter? On down the line I'll do the Novak...

Anything I need to watch out for with the BL? Am I going to have to adjust my stock TC shifter? On down the line I'll do the Novak...

I can't speak from first hand experience, since I did the Novak shifter at the same time. However, from what I have read, you will need to adjust your stock shifter after you install it.

As for the body lift, just make sure to use Kroil on the bolts before hand, and let them soak for 25 hours. I did that to mine and they came off effortlessly. I also don't have rust issues though, which probably helps!

1" MML from Brown Dog installed today. Install went well. No problems. Moved shroud the night before so I was done before breakfast this morning. Later in the evening my wife and I went on a make out date and we got DEATH WOBBLE.

Going down the highway, doin 55...

Won't sing the rest of that one. So I called Tim at Brown dog. He had a series of questions he asked me. What Jeep do you have, engine, etc...? Then confirmed it was death wobble because it would only stop when we stopped and seemed fine after. Said thi sis usually trackbar or some alignment issue with the front end. Then asked more about the Jeep. 2.5 OME, no BL, added MM so I could get higher clearance for the oil pan and to remove TCase drop, but have not removed it yet. That was on tomorrow's schedule. So, he said, get that off as soon as you can and call me and let me know tomorrow. Super nice guy, this was 6:15pm AZ time. I really appreciate that kind of customer service. I will be getting that TCase drop off tomorrow AM, and fixin a few nutserts in the process.

Yeah, Tim said no on the MM as a cause. Maybe Jerry is right, wheels out of balance. Will see. The track bar at the axle was moving left to right, enough to be seen. I've been experiencing rattling in the front for a week. I kept looking and listening and wondering and then it all happened the day I put on the MML. Could be coincidental to the MML. I talked to Tim multiple times. At least with it toe-out by 1/4" there's no DW for now. When I get the tires balanced I will toe in 1/16" and see what happens. That will be very telling.

Any ideas I would appreciate. Especially the idea that @mrblaine had that upper control arm bushings were bad if you toed out and it cleared up...I'm sure he would know...

Ok, everything is in order, so next order of business. What do you guys think I should do next? I'm at 2.5" SL and 1" MML

1. Currie Anti-Rock
2. PowerTrax No Slip Lunchbox Locker (front)
3. Savvy 1.25" BL
4. Super35
5. SYE
6. 33's
7. Winch
8. ??

Last edited:
If your gonna do a locker in the dana 35 i wouldnt do it with out 30 spline chromes 33s would need super 35 imho of its a 5 speed 456 gears to get 33s on a tj gets expensive of its done right

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: StG58
1. Super 35 and locke'r front and rear w/ 4.88's
2. Winch & recovery gear
3. Body lift
4. Control arms & short lift
5. SYE & drive shafts
6. Brakes
7. 33's

Reactions: JMT
1. Winch (a winch will get you out of most scenarios when you don't have lockers)
2. Anti Rock (better street performance as well as off road performance. Hate getting my hands dirty every time I need to disco)
3. BL (If you must, it'll give you more clearance for 33's and less bump stop needed/more up travel)
4. Adjustable rear CA's/SYE (Do this before you re-gear to avoid possible drive shaft vibes, and for future TT)
5. 33's (Yeah, your gearing will suck for a bit until you re-gear, but not the end of the world)
6. S35/No-slip/re-gear (Just save up and do this all at once while it's all apart anyways)
7. TT (cause who wants a fat belly)

Winch is the top or close to top on everyone's suggestions, so I'll go that way. Looks like I might as well get a bumper with the mount too while I'm at it. I'll need a few accessories too. This may do me in $$$ for awhile. Thanks for the ideas. I was going full steam ahead toward the TT, but the DW kinda scared me off of making any more driveline changes at this time.

Reactions: Rob5589
Good plan. Get a winch, a bumper, and some recovery gear and just enjoy your rig for the season. You'll be amazed where you can point that rig with your setup!

Reactions: JMT
Few items to get me safely off-road on the way from the guy in the brown truck.

1. E-Autogrilles Bumper. At $239 with winch mount it is hard to beat. Bumper looks good and no salt issues around here so why not save some coinage and spend elsewhere?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IS93BCE/?tag=wranglerorg-20

2. Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500SR (synthetic) with iPhone capability and aluminum housing. At $479 and 30 years making winches and tons of good reviews and half the price of Warn 8000 synthetic I couldn't pass it up.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KPP6GTY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

3. Tree Saver recovery strap 3"x 15'

Reactions: bobthetj03