2005 Project TJ

Hi Guys, haven't been around for a while. This was my best way of explaining things.

Daz you continue to be one of my favorite members on this forum. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, and you have my sympathy. I could not imagine living without my other half, and I pray to God I get to spend the rest of my life with her. God has a plan for all of us rest easy on that. Your in my prayers, and I hope making videos and continuing with your passion eases this transition for you. I honestly can’t imagine the emotions you are dealing with. Stay positive and take it one day at a time.

Reactions: Chris
Hi Guys, haven't been around for a while. This was my best way of explaining things.

I shared this with my wife, who reacted in much the same way I did. It's hard to listen to, knowing the pain you're going through. Please know that you are in our prayers, Daz. We happen to agree with Starrs on the way things happen in life. We don't always understand it, but maybe we're not meant to. Some things just have to be taken on faith. God bless, Daz.
Mark and Kris

Thanks guys, very much appreciated. I don't understand it, never will and frankly I'm not going to try. However, it's better that it's over for her as it was a horrid disease, it's also a blessing for me as I don't have to helplessly watch someone I love slowly die in front of me anymore.
I'm very proud I could be there to make sure things were as she wanted right until the end. After the funeral, I felt a massive weight lifted from my shoulders. It's was like you've done your best for her, now let her go. Pickup the pieces and get on with it. Which is what I plan to do.
I really enjoy the Jeep stuff. As I've said, I just didn't know how to just start being involved again without saying something.

Thanks guys, very much appreciated. I don't understand it, never will and frankly I'm not going to try. However, it's better that it's over for her as it was a horrid disease, it's also a blessing for me as I don't have to helplessly watch someone I love slowly die in front of me anymore.
I'm very proud I could be there to make sure things were as she wanted right until the end. After the funeral, I felt a massive weight lifted from my shoulders. It's was like you've done your best for her, now let her go. Pickup the pieces and get on with it. Which is what I plan to do.
I really enjoy the Jeep stuff. As I've said, I just didn't know how to just start being involved again without saying something.
That took strength and courage. You're a good man, Daz.

I’m so sorry you’ve been going through all of that. I’m hoping your tj projects help lift your heavy heart a bit. I can tell you I’ll be watching your videos over and over as I get ready to do all those projects on my first TJ this spring.

Oh man, so sorry to hear that Daz.
I'm only a few hours from you so please reach out if I can do anything at all for you. Be it a chat and a beer or go for a wheel in the bush.
Thinking of you buddy.

Reactions: Chris
Hi Daz. Thank you for sharing your story and letting us share your grief. I know the days will become more tolerable in the weeks and months ahead as you adjust to life as it now stands. Life is never the same after a loss like this, just different. I'd like to share a poem my wife sent me years ago after our son died unexpectedly at the age of 24:

The bustle in a house
The morning after death
Is solemnest of industries
Enacted upon earth
The sweeping up the heart
And putting love away
We shall not want to use again
Until eternity.

-Emily Dickinson

I was pulled over in the Jeep in a police blitz recently, received my first defect notice since I started driving at 16. You really have to question if this is the best use of police resources .

Reactions: Squatch
I was pulled over in the Jeep in a police blitz recently, received my first defect notice since I started driving at 16. You really have to question if this is the best use of police resources .

Hey, Daz...what if you mounted the mud flaps on a rod/dowel/pipe with a pair of eye hooks? That way the mud flaps are there for Officer Friendly to see (you'd be complying with the law), but they also would be able to swing back and up out of the way when hitting an obstacle. Just a thought...

Reactions: derekmac
IMG_0095.JPG
New Number plates arrived today :)

Thanks, purchased a drone, an awesome piece of kit even though I'm still in the learning phase of flying it. Easyish to fly, much more difficult to get good footage out of. That said, I had no idea just how good they are.