A Simple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man if you’ve got the funds I would. I’m a big fan of Bright Jade Satin Metallic or Lapis Blue too

There are so many cool colors I could think of, I'll have to go look at those ones.

Gobi has always been one of my favs.

I don’t want to derail your thread to much but may shoot you some questions down road as Phoenix area was high on my list before the opportunity to move to Manila came up. Granted I now have very different determining factors with wife and daughter.

I don’t want to derail your thread to much but may shoot you some questions down road as Phoenix area was high on my list before the opportunity to move to Manila came up. Granted I now have very different determining factors with wife and daughter.

Yes, no problem at all.

I lived in the East Valley (Chandler, Gilbert, and Scottsdale) from 2008-2012, so I'm very familiar with the area.

I had spinal meningitis as an infant and nearly died. The side effects from the antibiotics they pumped me full of to save my life later manifested as enamel hypoplasia. Basically my enamel was not fully formed and my teeth looked like rocks. I was very self conscious of it but grew up poor and couldn't do anything but smile with my mouth closed, as I learned to do. As an adult my wife encouraged me to get it fixed properly (I had shitty veneers by then). It took me 5 years to pay for it but nearly 40k later, I have perfect teeth. All crowns, except the wisdom teeth. Had them all pulled the same day. Do not do that, my dentist called it "rodeo dentistry". He fractured my jaw, I couldn't eat well for weeks.

I know your pain. Or your wife's pain, more specifically.

I had spinal meningitis as an infant and nearly died. The side effects from the antibiotics they pumped me full of to save my life later manifested as enamel hypoplasia. Basically my enamel was not fully formed and my teeth looked like rocks. I was very self conscious of it but grew up poor and couldn't do anything but smile with my mouth closed, as I learned to do. As an adult my wife encouraged me to get it fixed properly (I had shitty veneers by then). It took me 5 years to pay for it but nearly 40k later, I have perfect teeth. All crowns, except the wisdom teeth. Had them all pulled the same day. Do not do that, my dentist called it "rodeo dentistry". He fractured my jaw, I couldn't eat well for weeks.

I know your pain. Or your wife's pain, more specifically.

My youngest daughter (4) was on antibiotics for the entire first year of her life due to a kidney issue she was born with. I keep wondering what kind of fucked up shit all those antibiotics did to her. I feel terrible, but I'm not sure that was any other choice.

The crazy thing is, if you saw my wife's teeth before this, they looked 100% fine, honest to goodness. The issue was that since her bite was never fixed, the was grinding down her back molars over the years until they got so small there was hardly any tooth left. Her front teeth still looked just fine though. Unfortunately they can't re-use the fronts without crowns, as the new implants for the molars would change everything.

I paid for this 50k by selling our house here in Oregon. We had enough equity in the house that I used part of it to pay for her teeth all at once. She's had so much dental work now, but it's paid off. She has one of those literal perfect smiles, like I'm sure you do too!

So while my likes to give me shit sometimes for my expensive hobbies, at least now I can give her shit in return for her expensive teeth. Of course it's all in jest. I'm not actually trying to be an asshole and she knows that. Of anything it makes me feel pretty good that I paid for her teeth, because I'm not sure that's something all husbands would have done, so I get a sense of pride from it.

I'm sure you can relate, my wife has spent many, many days after dentists visits doped up on meds, not able to eat solid foods for quite a while, etc.

The lesson I took away from all of this is that I am 100% going to take ALL of my kids to the orthodontist, get them ALL braces, and make sure ALL of them take care of their teeth. I don't want them to end up having to pay for my mistakes later in life.

Yep I know how your wife feels. I had 14 teeth pulled last spring because my teeth had rotted out from all the pain meds I had been on that it dried my mouth out when then ruined my teeth. The SUCK part is there is only 1 dentist at the VA in Seattle that can do the work on my mouth. So it took me forever to get an appointment to see her. I got my front teeth fixed and they were suppose to start on my molars when this virus crap started. So now I have to wait even longer before I get some more teeth.

• Sad
Reactions: Chris
Yep I know how your wife feels. I had 14 teeth pulled last spring because my teeth had rotted out from all the pain meds I had been on that it dried my mouth out when then ruined my teeth. The SUCK part is there is only 1 dentist at the VA in Seattle that can do the work on my mouth. So it took me forever to get an appointment to see her. I got my front teeth fixed and they were suppose to start on my molars when this virus crap started. So now I have to wait even longer before I get some more teeth.

Yep, those medicines can have some nasty side effects.

It's amazing how much dental work like this costs too. When my wife tells people to guess how much they cost, the average person will say "I don't know, $7000?".

Not even close! Dental work ain't cheap, that's for sure. At least yours is covered by the VA, granted you have to jump through all those hoops, but still.

going big out of the gate.............................. i found you some axles......... but looks like someone else is interested.

IDK why i even BM'd these but dam they are sweet..........could roll 40's all day through the nasty.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/211543066631475/?surface=product_details

Haha, now you're thinking :LOL:

Reactions: Wildman
Yep, those medicines can have some nasty side effects.

It's amazing how much dental work like this costs too. When my wife tells people to guess how much they cost, the average person will say "I don't know, $7000?".

Not even close! Dental work ain't cheap, that's for sure. At least yours is covered by the VA, granted you have to jump through all those hoops, but still.

Haha, now you're thinking :LOL:

My dad said I should be a dentist. I did not want to go through that much school. He was right.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Well, the madness has officially begun :ROFLMAO:

What's the saying?

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." :ROFLMAO:

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 2.01.50 PM.jpg

Following to watch you spend your money. My nearly bolt in hydro assist last pieces just arrived from PSC and my rubicrawler is scheduled for delivery Thursday so I’m going to be busy soon too.

Oh yeah? Got links to the other pieces you had to order from PSC? I need to bookmark them.

Also, thanks for reminding me about the RubiCrawler. Totally forgot about that!

Oh yeah? Got links to the other pieces you had to order from PSC? I need to bookmark them.

Also, thanks for reminding me about the RubiCrawler. Totally forgot about that!
I can send you a picture of the invoice from PSC if you want. I went through MrBlaine for all of it and he had PSC drop ship to me.

I can send you a picture of the invoice from PSC if you want. I went through MrBlaine for all of it and he had PSC drop ship to me.

That would be great! I guess I could just go through Blaine as well.

You may need to see if are Savvy discount codes 😉

Is there main reason for TJ vs LJ? Just curious as know you have kids, have seen you at least in stretch discussions, etc. I know is some initial cost difference but with pace you left gate on upgrades would seem negligible in overall plan.

Oh and details on this mystery Jeep!

Is there main reason for TJ vs LJ? Just curious as know you have kids, have seen you at least in stretch discussions, etc. I know is some initial cost difference but with pace you left gate on upgrades would seem negligible in overall plan.

The only thing I like about the Unlimited over the SWB TJ is the longer wheelbase. In the perfect world I'd just have a TJ with a 103" wheelbase. Then I'd sort of have the best of both worlds. Better breakover angle from the TJ, longer wheelbase of the Unlimited.

Status
Not open for further replies.