Advice Needed: Choosing a Manual Locking Hub Conversion Kit

The rotor is a stock full cast rotor from a 90- early 99 Wrangler. The lock out hub is what is known as the "Ranger" hub since it the same in appearance as the stock locking hub on some of the Rangers. The center bore is opened up to just snugly fit the back section of the bearing hub and then the rotor is mounted to the hub flange with the press in lug studs.
I have WJ knuckles on my TJ. Will a set of WJ rotors work if I have the centers bored out and have the 5x4.5 patterns machined to match the diameter dimensions on the rotors that were supplied with the small hub Yukon kit?

I need a spindle, bearing hub, bearings, and spindle nuts and I can make the small kit work with the 15-16 and Super 16" kit most likely. I haven't done a small 17, but lots of large kit 17's. It's just some minor machine work to the rotor, fitment to check everything and I make it all play nicely together.

Have you had an opportunity to do this yet? What is the fitment of the small conversion kit with your brakes?

I'm trying to figure out if the Yukon hub conversion kits, or just the small one, will work with your 16" brake kit with requiring major modification.
I've done both the large and small conversions on the 16" brake kit. Rotors have to be bored out, sometimes a new pattern drilled to reduce the hole size if Yukon fucks up the wheel studs. The ghost shoulder is supposed to look like the black one.

DSC_5244.JPG

Reactions: ac_ and Chris