Aggressive drivers toward Jeeps?

my gf and i were discussing this on a drive when she was complaining that i never use my turn signal when changing lanes. i explained to her that 99% of drivers in LA are cunts and that they'll close the gap if they see my signal so fuck em, i go where i fit. she was adamant that this never happens to her when she's driving her s5 and that "it must be the way you drive". i pulled over and let her drive on the 405 and laughed the entire time since she was pretty much not able to switch lanes at any point with the turn signal on.

fast forward to last week, on another cruise with her and i'm stuck behind a semi.. can't see shit, gotta get around that fucker. she said that's how she feels when she drives behind my jeep.. makes more sense now as to why drivers don't let the jeep in, they don't wanna stare at my butt crack.

I don't really get that attitude here in Colorado, but Jeeps are very popular where I live, so maybe people are just very used to driving in the presence of them, or maybe they also own one or have owned one.

What I do experience though, is when my family and I are road tripping (Usually from Colorado to California where we have family) in our Chrysler minivan and I have the cruise set at 5mph over the speed limit and pass some big SUV, or some status sedan, many will speed up and re-overtake me, because, I assume, they won't be passed by a minivan. Then, a couple miles up the road, the same song and dance happens with the same vehicle all over again. Not a big deal if we are the only vehicles on that stretch of the road, but when there are other cars or truckers going much slower and I have to either brake or speed up and then reset the cruise to navigate around the douchebag, it really gets annoying. Either drive your speed, or drive my speed. I don't care which, but keep it consistent.

I guess that's what I get for driving a minivan though. 😁

Sorta like they speed up when a passing lane coming up.

my gf and i were discussing this on a drive when she was complaining that i never use my turn signal when changing lanes. i explained to her that 99% of drivers in LA are cunts and that they'll close the gap if they see my signal so fuck em, i go where i fit. she was adamant that this never happens to her when she's driving her s5 and that "it must be the way you drive". i pulled over and let her drive on the 405 and laughed the entire time since she was pretty much not able to switch lanes at any point with the turn signal on.

fast forward to last week, on another cruise with her and i'm stuck behind a semi.. can't see shit, gotta get around that fucker. she said that's how she feels when she drives behind my jeep.. makes more sense now as to why drivers don't let the jeep in, they don't wanna stare at my butt crack.

Okay so finally somebody knows what I mean! Hahaha. Too funny.

I thought about that possibility myself, but ruled it out. People will lock eyes with me at a red light, stare at me, and speed away just to jump in front of me. It is so bad that I'm tempted to get a dash camera, not for insurance, but to prove this stuff is not in my head lol!

I've noticed that people are much more likely to get out of my way when coming up behind them in my red Mustang.

I can tailgate people all day long in my F350 and they don't seem to care. Jeep seems to be in this category too,

Now when I park them in a parking lot people will park super close to the car and truck but yet tend to leave space with the jeep. Of course it's the one vehicle hardest to door ding.

On my last truck within 4 months of buying it brand new it was door dinged and I never park by anybody. I think some people just don't want others to have nice things.

I've noticed that people are much more likely to get out of my way when coming up behind them in my red Mustang.

I can tailgate people all day long in my F350 and they don't seem to care. Jeep seems to be in this category too,

Now when I park them in a parking lot people will park super close to the car and truck but yet tend to leave space with the jeep. Of course it's the one vehicle hardest to door ding.

On my last truck within 4 months of buying it brand new it was door dinged and I never park by anybody. I think some people just don't want others to have nice things.

You are correct. The root of it all is, well, jealousy. "Why do you have nice things and I don't?" mentality. Weirdos. Also, you tailgate in a JEEP? You brave, brave soul! I have to stop a quarter mile back before the red light! Haha.

I don't really get that attitude here in Colorado, but Jeeps are very popular where I live, so maybe people are just very used to driving in the presence of them, or maybe they also own one or have owned one.

What I do experience though, is when my family and I are road tripping (Usually from Colorado to California where we have family) in our Chrysler minivan and I have the cruise set at 5mph over the speed limit and pass some big SUV, or some status sedan, many will speed up and re-overtake me, because, I assume, they won't be passed by a minivan. Then, a couple miles up the road, the same song and dance happens with the same vehicle all over again. Not a big deal if we are the only vehicles on that stretch of the road, but when there are other cars or truckers going much slower and I have to either brake or speed up and then reset the cruise to navigate around the douchebag, it really gets annoying. Either drive your speed, or drive my speed. I don't care which, but keep it consistent.

I guess that's what I get for driving a minivan though. 😁
Yea, pick a speed, ANY speed...

I give those clowns two passes. The second time I pass them they're not getting around me again, I'll speed up if I see them coming.

Then there was the asshole who brake checked me on I-95. He apparently didn't like that I changed into "his" lane when he was a half mile back. He's VERY lucky his shiny new Charger didn't end up having "WARN" imprinted on its rear deck lid. For certain reasons I'm not prepared to discuss on the Internet; I am both legally obligated, as well as just by plain prudence, to de-escalate, de-escalate, de-escalate.

For certain reasons I'm not prepared to discuss on the Internet; I am both legally obligated, as well as just by plain prudence, to de-escalate, de-escalate, de-escalate.
Somehow, THAT doesn't surprise me. :LOL: Though I tend to let these asshole go also. For me. I think it comes from my years as a truck driver. It's just not worth the hassle to engage with these people. Fortunately, nobody has ever pushed it with me. I'm too old to fight and too fat to run, so...:cautious:
As to the OP's question, I can't say that I've noticed any aggression towards me in my Jeep. If there were, I'd probably chalk it up to jealousy, and those people simply not having what it takes to actually have one. Of course, I feel sorry for those same people because they're stuck in their metal and glass boxes, where they CAN'T take their top off and feel the fresh air.:cool:

I’ve asked a handful of TJ owners about this. Most of them agreed with me. When you are driving your TJ, do you experience an absurd amount of aggressiveness toward you from other drivers in their cars? I have two vehicles, my TJ and a normal 4 door sedan. I can genuinely say that I experience being cut off way more, other drivers ride my ass way more, and just ultimately more aggressive toward me. Don’t know if it’s become I’m a younger woman or if it’s my Jeep, I don’t know! Anyone else experience this?

Every day!! People get behind me in a sports car or a BMW on my tail, its like ok I'm in a 20 year old Jeep what are you expecting??! These aren't turbo charged for crying out loud.

Wait, what is this about a Mustang? I thought you had a Camaro?

It got replaced for like the Boss.

D2D77248-F184-487E-A873-2E314D74E9E4.jpeg

It got replaced for like the Boss.

View attachment 377682

Very nice. I have a '12 S197 GT manual I ordered new 10 years ago. I did some chassis mods to make it more track capable (like the Boss already is). The car is so nice to drive. The Coyote is loves to rev and is under rated by Ford. This one dyno'ed 400 RWHP, stock. I'll prob keep it for a long time.

1668810589676.png