Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

Today I installed a kenwood 4 channel amp that I bought from @Chris yesterday. I have the Polk speakers that everyone recommends and wow do they sound better amped. This is my first experience amping speakers and it really helped them at higher volumes. They used to have a pretty clear volume limit where they would distort but with the amp I can’t find that limit. Crystal clear as loud as I want. I mounted the amp under the steering column with some zip ties and good to go!

Reactions: JMT and Chris
Yep, amps help tremendously. I can't wait to install my setup. The amp I got is an Audiotec Fischer and it was $900 just for the amp, so I'm hoping this thing sounds seriously amazing. I'm told it will, so we'll see!

Life mod today! Got me a new garage! Can’t believe I’ve been doing everything in a single car garage up to this point
B2624589-252A-4E05-8F4C-7E307EE948C8.jpeg
D7BCB72E-DA50-4513-BA77-C1DEC135A888.jpeg
F5DCE406-9D6B-4832-B166-4A8586C681FC.jpeg

For those wondering I was able to remove just shy of an inch of bumpstop extension with this mounting position. Just trying to make @jjvw proud with ghetto bump removal mods.

Anything to make the shocks fit and work better. Are the uppers through bolted or are they relying on the tack welded nuts?

In heaven with all this room to work now .
3B8FDE66-2E9D-4EA4-A795-734E9F78034F.jpeg

Anything to make the shocks fit and work better. Are the uppers through bolted or are they relying on the tack welded nuts?
The bar pin is resting on the welded nut and the bolts are going down through the nut now instead of up

Reactions: jjvw and Vasq
For those wondering I was able to remove just shy of an inch of bumpstop extension with this mounting position. Just trying to make @jjvw proud with ghetto bump removal mods.

Is there a thread on this I missed? Clearly I need to do this.

And the PO’s rough country diff cover survives yet another round of suspension cycling with the newly added savvy gts.
EE737F29-64AF-4716-BC9F-B07435ACF118.jpeg

Add another nut on the opposite side if you have enough thread length. Otherwise you’re relying on tack welds to hold your shock in place 👍🏼

No it was just a theme in @jjvw s build thread that he was ghetto rigging his mounts to change shock travel

There was a thread within the last couple weeks. The big flaw in that one was reusing the welded nuts from above. Other concerns are making sure the shock body doesn't interfere with the frame or with the crossmember itself. As with anything like this, the axle needs to be cycled without springs to see what is going on.

There was a thread within the last couple weeks. The big flaw in that one was reusing the welded nuts from above. Other concerns are making sure the shock body doesn't interfere with the frame or with the crossmember itself.
The flaw with mine or the other thread?
Add another nut on the opposite side if you have enough thread length. Otherwise you’re relying on tack welds to hold your shock in place 👍🏼
I will definitely do that. I may get some longer bolts
D712F05E-A79B-4C50-97CD-D9C92616D327.jpeg

Reactions: Vasq
The flaw with mine or the other thread?

Most definitely with the other guy. ;)

The bolted connection needs to pass through the crossmember. The factory welded nuts, at best and if they are kept, become a spacer.