Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

Nice free mod today, gave the Jeep a much needed bath!
E80D4A3A-4560-450C-871C-6729217CC80A.jpeg

I just added .5” thicker spacers in the front because I didn’t like the rake I was getting. Now it sits perfectly level with a full tank and all my gear in it. Here she is fully loaded
361D89DC-4C18-4010-B9A0-E274C3B35340.jpeg

specs now are 2 inch procomp springs, 1.75” spacer in front and 1” spacer in rear. I think the front coils run a little soft especially with a steel cable winch

Alright today is a Jeep day. After reading @jjvw s thread I decided to take a look at my jks body lift and sure enough it’s squished down as far as his was. Before installing the gas tank skid I figured it would be a good time to order and install a savvy body lift to eliminate the squish and give my gas tank as much room as I could. I also drove all day yesterday with my gas light on so I hopefully that thing is pretty empty at this point. Order of business today:
-install savvy body lift

-extract broken body mount bolt (middle passenger) that I broke when I was first installing the jks lift over a year ago. I will use my new welding skills to weld on a nut if I can though I don’t remember how much stuck out.

- install Savvy gas tank skid

- if I have time I’m going to mount my rear shocks on top of the crossmember to add 1” of shock uptravel and remove some bumpstop extension.

Alright today is a Jeep day. After reading @jjvw s thread I decided to take a look at my jks body lift and sure enough it’s squished down as far as his was. Before installing the gas tank skid I figured it would be a good time to order and install a savvy body lift to eliminate the squish and give my gas tank as much room as I could. I also drove all day yesterday with my gas light on so I hopefully that thing is pretty empty at this point. Order of business today:
-install savvy body lift

-extract broken body mount bolt (middle passenger) that I broke when I was first installing the jks lift over a year ago. I will use my new welding skills to weld on a nut if I can though I don’t remember how much stuck out.

- install Savvy gas tank skid

- if I have time I’m going to mount my rear shocks on top of the crossmember to add 1” of shock uptravel and remove some bumpstop extension.
Let go! Jeep days are the best. When you’re welding that nut on, try to get as much heat into the bolt as possible (glowing red)

It makes you wonder why JKS is considered one of the better brands out there.
I want to make another post about the JKS so future people researching don’t make the same mistake. I bought it before I knew anything about jeeps and tons of people in the internet said they run it “with no issues”. It seemed like the most popular one so I got it. Hard to believe Savvy is really one of the few that gets it right. Doesn’t seem that hard.

I want to make another post about the JKS so future people researching don’t make the same mistake. I bought it before I knew anything about jeeps and tons of people in the internet said they run it “with no issues”. It seemed like the most popular one so I got it. Hard to believe Savvy is really one of the few that gets it right. Doesn’t seem that hard.
Often you’ll hear from forum jeepers that say “it works fine” “I haven’t had any problems” but it isn’t until you understand the details behind why a certain product is better that it becomes obvious. Why haven’t more people posted the bolt pushing through the body in the rear? Because they haven’t looked ;)

Finally got her it bolted On and she fired right up! Ended up being busier than I though yesterday.
3B69C0F1-156F-42A9-94CB-D0DD1124509B.jpeg

Side question who has cut their exhaust shorter and where did you do it? I’m assuming I don’t want it blowing on the tank or tire
3179AA86-3E1D-4E1E-9ED6-B31E4F3BF9C3.jpeg

Another exhaust clearance issue I want to fix is my muffler hangs lower than my skid and it’s taken so good hits. It can be raised 2 inches but not without the big bend hitting my trackbar. Is there a better overall routing than that big bend? Or maybe some good ole fashioned self clearancing could be in order
69EBE90A-B82F-4B8D-BD1D-2BE65D6E41C5.jpeg