Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

I have what is properly a very stupid question. There are so many replies about liking the half doors it makes me ask. Whats so different about them? I see them all the time and thought they were stock.
They are stock and that’s why they are great. They follow the body line perfectly which looks nice. Color matched which is nice. They are quiet and sealed better than any after market half door as well as the ability to put a soft upper on that doesn’t flap around. Putting a soft upper on aftermarket half doors is almost no good to me because it’s never sealed right around the whole thing so it’s noisy as hell. The bestop soft doors are ok but still pretty loud and flappy at times. To me this is the best option for traveling to far away trails where I can have the soft uppers on for the way there for a pleasant drive and then take the uppers off for the trail.

I have what is properly a very stupid question. There are so many replies about liking the half doors it makes me ask. Whats so different about them? I see them all the time and thought they were stock.
Oh, that's alright, they don't expect the straight folk to understand. It is the answer to the question. Hey everyone, how can I possibly make my rig more attractive to the same sex? Everyone- that's easy, just get some half doors.

Oh, that's alright, they don't expect the straight folk to understand. It is the answer to the question. Hey everyone, how can I possibly make my rig more attractive to the same sex? Everyone- that's easy, just get some half doors.
Come on Blaine you know you get a hard on for half doors too 😉

@jjvw I tried the soft doors and could never get them as quiet as I wanted with the upper on. For local stuff it’s fine but I wanted a solution I like for long drives to Moab and rubicon trail

Y'all make me want to get the Savvy trail doors. I enjoy having sex appeal with the same sex... 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex01
@jjvw I tried the soft doors and could never get them as quiet as I wanted with the upper on. For local stuff it’s fine but I wanted a solution I like for long drives to Moab and rubicon trail

I didn't run the uppers very often. Only when the wind is really bad.

I was a softie for a spell. Just too dang noisy on long trips. Ideal setup IMO, would be factory half doors with hard upper sliders.
20170818_165359.jpg

Come on Blaine you know you get a hard on for half doors too 😉
I own at least 4 sets of OEM half doors. I have never run a single set of them. Trail doors that remove fast and stow quickly are a different story and I wouldn't care if Elton John ran them, I would still use them.

One of these days I may sell the set of near pristine Amberfire Pearlcoat versions I have. They would be perfect except Kat laid one of them down and cracked the door pocket on the inside.

Reactions: starkey480
I own at least 4 sets of OEM half doors. I have never run a single set of them. Trail doors that remove fast and stow quickly are a different story and I wouldn't care if Elton John ran them, I would still use them.

One of these days I may sell the set of near pristine Amberfire Pearlcoat versions I have. They would be perfect except Kat laid one of them down and cracked the door pocket on the inside.
I have a set of homemade half doors that use the soft door frame and a plastic shell on the outside. I love those for the local trails I do for the same reason. Lightweight and easy to stow. I mainly wanted the factory halfs for long distance travel to trails. The sex appeal is just a bonus I guess

I love my soft half doors. I carry the uppers for the pop up showers. However when I expect a lot of rain or bad weather and my wife is in the Jeep. I go full hard........ Doors😁

Reactions: TJ Starting
What’s the consensus on best trail doors anyway? Genright, Savvy, or UCF?