Barbara Sylvanas do it all build

I would like to have a carrier that holds the cans merely because I like the look and the just in case factor but I feel like I could probably find a carrier that is lighter than yours but still has the two can capability.

What I would like is a way to carry one can of water outside the Jeep. I haven't figured that out in a way that I like yet. Aesthetics get in the way of that problem as well. I have a blue Jerry can that I like a lot.

Reactions: Classic>New
Well built locked, lifted and geared TJs come up for sale all the time here in CA. I hope you've done the math on this build. Just as an example take a look at this and compare.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/big-bear-lake-2000-jeep-wrangler/6886785356.html

This guy is 25K in and selling for 16K. That's you in three years. You'd potentially even be ahead just buying something like this and swapping his back to stock. And this ad isn't exactly new.
The owner of that rig is on here. I thought for sure he said it sold. I'll have to ask him the next time I see him.

Aside from the weight, look at how far the stupid thing sticks out! I land on and get stuck on the rear bumper about as often as I get stuck on the diffs.
20190318_155111.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DrDmoney
Location, location, location.

Yes! :)

Colorado is very much a 33s state. There are only a handful of places that will benefit from 35s. And even fewer that require larger, but there won't be much of a daily driver left.

Yes! :)

Colorado is very much a 33s state. There are only a handful of places that will benefit from 35s. And even fewer that require larger, but there won't be much of a daily driver left.
He is 1/2 hour down the road from me on a good traffic day. It isn't a stretch to think that it won't be long before 33's are not as much fun as they should be not to mention that the only difference in 33's built correctly and running 35's, is a body lift and the difference in the cost of the tires.

I would like to have a carrier that holds the cans merely because I like the look and the just in case factor but I feel like I could probably find a carrier that is lighter than yours but still has the two can capability.
I much prefer an overall light build, keeping it as light as possible, function over form, staying close to stock form. Too much gets going on in some builds and it loses that simple elegance. My .02c.

To the OP, going from 33's to 35's is not difficult, especially if you have done a good job setting up for 33's, If you go the route mrblaine hinted at, a 4" suspension lift and 33's, then all you are doing is adding a 1-1.25" body lift, upgrading the cable shifter if you haven't by that time, thinking about bigger brakes and tires, of course, and adjusting your front and rear track bars and control arms. Just make sure you re-gear at a ratio that can go either way.

To the OP, going from 33's to 35's is not difficult, especially if you have done a good job setting up for 33's, If you go the route mrblaine hinted at, a 4" suspension lift and 33's, then all you are doing is adding a 1-1.25" body lift, upgrading the cable shifter if you haven't by that time, thinking about bigger brakes and tires, of course, and adjusting your front and rear track bars and control arms. Just make sure you re-gear at a ratio that can go either way.

For the the body lift is a given as I want to do a tummy tuck. I'm most likely going to go with 35". Im not sure what material your wheels are but I'm planning on going with alluminum alloy wheels rather than steel so I save a little weight there.

For the the body lift is a given as I want to do a tummy tuck. I'm most likely going to go with 35". Im not sure what material your wheels are but I'm planning on going with alluminum alloy wheels rather than steel so I save a little weight there.
Aluminum, but your wheels are going to be part of the unsprung weight of your Jeep, so they're not being held up by the coil springs and won't affect your final lift. What you're most concerned about is sprung weight and how that will affect the amount of lift you have. For example, if you are running a rear spring that is rated at 150 in/lbs, then for every 150 lbs you add to the rear, the spring will compress 1 inch. So, when you do your springs you are aiming to get a final lift height and that means a balancing act with all the stuff we add to the sprung weight. Of course, when you're done, if you're not where you want to be you can add a spacer to get there.

ok So where are we?
35’s AT OR MT?
On 17” aluminum wheels for bigger brakes
32RH
SYE
Double Cardan DS
Dana 44 Rear
Dana 30 Front
4” lift
1” BL
Tummy Tuck
MML
TCase Cable shifter

What’s next on the list? Lockers?

ok So where are we?
35’s AT OR MT?
On 17” aluminum wheels for bigger brakes
32RH
SYE
Double Cardan DS
Dana 44 Rear
Dana 30 Front
4” lift
1” BL
Tummy Tuck
MML
TCase Cable shifter

What’s next on the list? Lockers?

I was looking primarily at the ARB air locking lockers but I am open to suggestions

You’ll have to go elsewhere for a different opinion those are my choice too. Oh I forgot to add ORO Swayloc.

When I get the time I'm going to add this little list you've compiled to the starting post. But yea I was going to go ORO after doing some reading.

Reactions: DrDmoney