Basket's Build

At ride height there’s more spline that is not exposed to accommodate axle droop.

Reactions: lBasket
At ride height there’s more spline that is not exposed to accommodate axle droop.
I've gotta cycle and look at, well, everything down there pretty much. So as long as it doesn't come apart doing that I'm happy

Reactions: JMT
If you want travel, you could always do one of these:

IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG

Not recommended for high speed though...

:rolleyes:

Just thought you would get a kick out of it.

I actually carry this as a spare for both my front and rear. The travel is long enough, and my driveshafts are close enough in length, that I only have to carry one spare. My dedicated spares I carry in the trailer.

View attachment 307210View attachment 307211

I actually carry this as a spare for both my front and rear. The travel is long enough, and my driveshafts are close enough in length, that I only have to carry one spare. My dedicated spares I carry in the trailer.
What is it? Looks really long

View attachment 307210View attachment 307211

Showoff

Got a lot done today! Installed my extended brake lines. They rub against the shocks, hopefully that isn't an issue. Might just be the shape from being in the bag they came in.
1644204495967.png

Installed my rear adjustable LCAs. Wow that bolt by the muffler is a bitch. I got about 12.5 degrees on the driveshaft and 12 on the axle.

1644204714140.png1644204718163.png

Okay I've been doing some measuring. Looks like I do have the advertised 2" lift from the BDS lift I have. Stock is 12" and I'm about 14". Cool.
1644204863752.png

Then I measured the shock up front to see what my up/down travel is. About 5.75" of shaft exposed. According to their website the shock is 22.92" extended, 13.92" compressed, making the shaft 9" long. That is only 3.25" down travel, making it a 64/36 up/down split. That doesn't seem too good.

I think the BL when I get it will get me closer to 50/50, since I think this is because the spacer I added to maintain full shock travel without tearing up my fender with the tire. A front adjustable TB would help also, since the passenger side was the only real issue with the fender.
1644204921908.png

Then I measured the shock up front to see what my up/down travel is. About 5.75" of shaft exposed. According to their website the shock is 22.92" extended, 13.92" compressed, making the shaft 9" long. That is only 3.25" down travel, making it a 64/36 up/down split. That doesn't seem too good.

I think the BL when I get it will get me closer to 50/50, since I think this is because the spacer I added to maintain full shock travel without tearing up my fender with the tire. A front adjustable TB would help also, since the passenger side was the only real issue with the fender.
View attachment 307881
I'd argue that more up travel is better than down. But you could raise the axle side shock bar pin up, that would get you a little closer to 50/50. At the same time though you are losing your up travel.

Reactions: lBasket
I'd argue that more up travel is better than down. But you could raise the axle side shock bar pin up, that would get you a little closer to 50/50. At the same time though you are losing your up travel.
Yeah, I think I'm going to leave it how it is, since once I get the BL installed and have more clearance for my tires (mostly passenger) I should be able to remove the spacer and I think it will be close to 50/50. It'd go to 4.25" down, 4.75" up.

Curious why up travel is better than down if you had to choose a bias split like that?

Yeah, I think I'm going to leave it how it is, since once I get the BL installed and have more clearance for my tires (mostly passenger) I should be able to remove the spacer and I think it will be close to 50/50. It'd go to 4.25" down, 4.75" up.

Curious why up travel is better than down if you had to choose a bias split like that?

Remind me--what is limiting travel? Didn't you bump to use all of your shock travel?

If bump stopped correctly, your wheel has a lot more room to travel. Events like speed bumps, dips in the road, or big boulders are easily absorbed (comfy ride, less jitter/hard bumps).

Reactions: jjvw
Remind me--what is limiting travel? Didn't you bump to use all of your shock travel?

If bump stopped correctly, your wheel has a lot more room to travel. Events like speed bumps, dips in the road, or big boulders are easily absorbed (comfy ride, less jitter/hard bumps).
Okay yeah so my limiting factor on uptravel is really my passenger tire, which left shock showing, so I spaced the top mount down and set bump so I hit bump right at full compression right before my tire is too high.

So once I have a 1.25" BL, I assume I can remove that 1" spacer I put on top mount, which will shift my ride height length closer to center (between the 4.25 and 4.75 down/up).

So curious what the benefit is of more up travel vs down travel, rather than bumping to use all travel, since I did do that. I think

Are we only talking about one side?
The passenger tire is the only one that rubs (probably miscentered front axle), but I put the 1" spacer on both sides to keep it even. The bump is shorter on the driver side still though.

It allows more movement before it pushes the body out of the way, leading to instability.
Ok that makes sense