Bastard locker

Love that sweet Eaton customer service.
The guy at Eaton wasn't happy that he had no options to help other than replacing it. He said we don't have a repair shop. We are just a manufacturing company. In other words, I could not send it back to them to fix it. Normally, replacing it would work well except for the supply chain shortages.

The guy at Eaton wasn't happy that he had no options to help other than replacing it. He said we don't have a repair shop. We are just a manufacturing company. In other words, I could not send it back to them to fix it. Normally, replacing it would work well except for the supply chain shortages.
If they are just throwing them away. I'll take one and run a 27/30 spline drive shaft. :LOL:

I wonder if that would work or if it would be that simple.

Me calling up Eaton
200.gif

"Y'all got any more of them 27/30 spline lockers left"

You’d think they could send the parts to change out the 27 spline side gear. Weird deal. Hope the ARBs work out smoothly.
I heard they make their parts in Taiwan and assemble in Mexico. That would explain no capability here in the states.

I heard they make their parts in Taiwan and assemble in Mexico. That would explain no capability here in the states.
having spent my career in manufacturing facilities, I can easily see why taking in service work would be out of their scope. It's a completely different mindset and process from assembly.

I have been dealing with the 30 spline Dana 30 front for too long. I don't know what the supply is for the rear.

If it's a Dana 44, I am about to return a brand new one. You can meet me at the store and buy it from them. That way you can get the warranty.

I have been dealing with the 30 spline Dana 30 front for too long. I don't know what the supply is for the rear.

If it's a Dana 44, I am about to return a brand new one. You can meet me at the store and buy it from them. That way you can get the warranty.
Hol up! I’m so lost right now. Kk assuming the warranty will help prevent me from getting a messed up model?

What store are you going to

The 30 spline Dana 30 front is screwed up and unusable. The Dana 44 unit I also purchased is going back. Because of unavailability with the Dana 30 front E-locker, I am sending both back and switching to Airlockers.

I was just trying to be helpful if your usual sources do not have the Dana 44 e-locker in stock. I am assuming it is a good unit. Eaton said the problem was isolated to the Dana 30 30 spline, but I will go count splines if you're interested.