Boilermaker Pete Build (2004 LJ)

Cherry Jeep

Jeep Convert
Supporting Member
Been in the forum for a short while, but now just starter my Member Ride/Build Page. I am a converted International Scout II lover. I have owned 3 of them previously. But when I start looking for a project I wanted something that had parts that were easier to find and few more modern day amenities.

I started with a 2001 TJ I bought from a buddy. I liked it, but it wasn't exactly right...
IMG_0569.jpg

So I sold it and grabbed a 2015 4-Door unlimited. Also, yellow. But after driving that a bit I felt like it was sort of like a car. Too long, too big. No picture of that one.

Then one day I found it advertised locally, a yellow LJ. Little bit bigger than my TJ, little smaller than the 4-door. It was goldilocks! Just right. Wheelbase and interior room reminded me of my Scouts. MY wife thought I was nuts buying a 3rd Yellow Jeep within 18 months. But she let's me play.
IMG_0749.jpg

Well, now I am sold and I am already pretty far along in this build, but I decided to join this forum and start this thread as I have decided to dive into even deeper and make it my dream Jeep over the next few months and years. This forum has some great info I have been reading about since I signed up and now I hope to learn even more. Here is to the adventure! My next post I will try to update where I am at with it.

Alright, so time to layout what I have had done or done myself thus far that I obviously did not document so this is catch-up:
  • Rubicon Express Short Arm Lift 3.5"
  • Fox 2.0 Shocks
  • 35" BFG's
  • Metalcloack Sliders, Rear Armor, Front Highlines and Fenders
  • Re-Geared to 4.88
  • Synergy Inner Axle Kit
  • Currie Correct Link Steering
  • Antirock Sway
  • Rusty's Beefed up Tire Carrier
  • New Stereo unit (Stinger Hiegh 10) with new speakers and with sub in the back
In process right now:
  • Adding a Metalcloack bumper to the front with winch
  • Have a GenRight 31.5 Gallon Tank on order to replace the factory tank and give me the extra range

IMG_2492.jpg