2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - My Second Yellow Build

I'm not entirely sure. The BodyArmor 4x4 ones seem pretty strong since they are bolted to the frame. But if you aren't dragging it through the rocks, I wouldn't be worried about it at all.

I like the ones I have, but after the body lift, these Mopar ones look more appealing since they would have no crack.

The only thing I can see being annoying is your kids getting in and out of the Jeep now. I can't imagine a 5" lifted Jeep on 35s with a ~2" higher side steps is easy to get into.

The only thing I can see being annoying is your kids getting in and out of the Jeep now. I can't imagine a 5" lifted Jeep on 35s with a ~2" higher side steps is easy to get into.

Yes, I was thinking that as well... they'll definitely sit higher, which means more frustrated family members, haha.

I considered taking my BodyArmor 4x4 ones and re-welding the mounting brackets on them up 1" higher, which would compensate for the gap left by the body lift.

Yes, I was thinking that as well... they'll definitely sit higher, which means more frustrated family members, haha.

I considered taking my BodyArmor 4x4 ones and re-welding the mounting brackets on them up 1" higher, which would compensate for the gap left by the body lift.

Aesthetically, if you have a body lift, the MOPAR ones are a really good option to hide that gap. It also looks to be really well made but I think I am going to keep my TJ-4121 BodyArmors for a little longer.

@Chris looks be as sturdily built as his TJ from photos, he can simply lift his entire family inside the tub with little effort :D

Reactions: Damazzaro and Chris
Has anyone ordered directly from Savvy's website? How long did shipping take? I've received the email that my order was placed, but it's also weird that I need to pay upon delivery. I need to know when the package is going to arrive so I can be home. Been a little over a week since I ordered their body lift.

@Chris any experience?

Has anyone ordered directly from Savvy's website? How long did shipping take? I've received the email that my order was placed, but it's also weird that I need to pay upon delivery. I need to know when the package is going to arrive so I can be home. Been a little over a week since I ordered their body lift.

@Chris any experience?

Yeah, whenever I order from Savvy's website it takes 1-2 days at most before I have a tracking number.

I'll have to give them a call after work then and see what's up. Thank you

No problem! I think it has to do with cutoff times. If you ordered tonight, it would ship tomorrow. If you ordered right now, it likely would miss the cutoff ship time and not ship until tomorrow as well.

Of course this all depends on whether or not they have said items in stock.

No problem! I think it has to do with cutoff times. If you ordered tonight, it would ship tomorrow. If you ordered right now, it likely would miss the cutoff ship time and not ship until tomorrow as well.

Of course this all depends on whether or not they have said items in stock.

Understandable. Just odd that after 8 days I haven't heard anything from them. Do they have a reason for their pay upon delivery?

Understandable. Just odd that after 8 days I haven't heard anything from them. Do they have a reason for their pay upon delivery?

Pay upon delivery? Like C.O.D.?

You must have ordered something that was on backorder. What did you order?

Yep, cash on delivery. I ordered their aluminum body lift.

Wow... who the hell uses C.O.D. anymore?

You'll have to call them, that's just bizarre. I ordered my body lift from them and it took 3 days to get here after ordering it (I'm on the West Coast though), as it shipped the next day.

Sounds like they must not have any in stock and are doing a new run of them.

I would call about the payment. I ordered their body lift a few weeks ago and they immediately put everything on my credit card. Same with backordered stuff. I was charged 6 weeks ago for stuff that hasn't shipped and won't be shipping for at least another month.

Savvy makes a great product, just don't have a specific time frame in mind for installing any of it. My "estimated 4-6 week backorder" tummy tuck shipped within a few days and my "estimated 4-6 week backorder" rock sliders are looking like they won't ship for 12 weeks.

Probably shouldn't start this at 9pm on a work night but I usually do projects much later than I should. I mean I ordered it Thursday and it showed up today all the way from Singapore. How can I not? BTW it's the Android version, not the Windows one.

20181112_204718.jpg

Reactions: Mike_H
Probably shouldn't start this at 9pm on a work night but I usually do projects much later than I should. I mean I ordered it Thursday and it showed up today all the way from Singapore. How can I not? BTW it's the Android version, not the Windows one.

View attachment 63040
I'm kinda thinking I want to go that way too. I have Android auto integrated to the system in my new truck... It is awesome to be able to use Google maps or Waze, Amazon music, etc, right through my touch screen interface.

I'm kinda thinking I want to go that way too. I have Android auto integrated to the system in my new truck... It is awesome to be able to use Google maps or Waze, Amazon music, etc, right through my touch screen interface.

I've always wanted a touch screen in my Jeep but don't like that look of a double din for the TJ. Have you seen the thread about these?

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/best-mod-ever.1467/

I'll surely update that thread and mine with my experiences. Along with the seller as long as everything works well

I've always wanted a touch screen in my Jeep but don't like that look of a double din for the TJ. Have you seen the thread about these?

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/best-mod-ever.1467/

I'll surely update that thread and mine with my experiences. Along with the seller as long as everything works well
Yup, almost pulled the trigger a couple times. I've still got mods to do to make it work better Off-road, before I go spending money on that nice stuff.

View attachment 63040

Is that the S160 M201?

What version of android do you have?

Mines got 4.4.4 and doesn’t seem like there are going to be any updates for it. It still works great, I just have to use ACMarket to get older versions of apps that require something higher than 4.4.4. So far, it’s just been Netflix... but the older Netflix works just fine.

Is that the S160 M201?

What version of android do you have?

Mines got 4.4.4 and doesn’t seem like there are going to be any updates for it. It still works great, I just have to use ACMarket to get older versions of apps that require something higher than 4.4.4. So far, it’s just been Netflix... but the older Netflix works just fine.

Sorry for the late response. Yep it is that model. And does run 4.4.4. I might eventually look into force updating it but not sure how possible that is while still keeping functionality.