CB location and antenna Mount

The seat just slips under the radio and there is no leg interference. The antenna mount is the trucker mirror style. I cut the lower holes off and bolted it to the tub. I could not use the usual behind the light mount since I have round led tails. The cable simply feeds along the edges inside tub as necessary.
t5w5frV62H2qHBVJq-f5VwNqHwpwKSWFja1h86RnQFvmZ2oP8jpc9bPCs5DZVlq_dsgnz7y7KppL3Ii9LA=w1133-h637-no.jpg

Rj0KsObUrCPnc4oEAHP28g9kdAd9gzQoeINHjWOUQxYD67Gh2T_fz2rFkHvpVbq05TTfjfKM-httA7x4np0=w359-h637-no.jpg

The seat just slips under the radio and there is no leg interference. The antenna mount is the trucker mirror style. I cut the lower holes off and bolted it to the tub. I could not use the usual behind the light mount since I have round led tails. The cable simply feeds along the edges inside tub as necessary.
View attachment 38558
What rear CB antenna mount is that and is it aluminum or stainless steel? I'm always looking for a good rear antenna mount that is not powder coated.

What rear CB antenna mount is that and is it aluminum or stainless steel? I'm always looking for a good rear antenna mount that is not powder coated.

Rob5589 posted,
The antenna mount is the trucker mirror style. I cut the lower holes off and bolted it to the tub.

It is likely one of these, available from Wolcott and nearly every CB supplier:

MMSGA-1.jpg

912fWcpbxtL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D47A79A/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I have a couple of these in my radio spares box.

88987A72-4F4B-47C1-BDF5-A244F0FB9626.jpeg
E08DB808-0E96-4636-BF75-7BCE45F169C4.jpeg
E08DB808-0E96-4636-BF75-7BCE45F169C4.jpeg
708D2848-E22A-4F5B-964D-77EFA2613C60.jpeg
Jerry I’m confused (again) on the mount of the Arizona Rocky Road CB mount. On the ends of the AAR bar what do they screw into on the roll (support) bar? Should I have some type of recess nut or something other than just a hole in the top (see pics)! I can’t find anything on it other than I should have the side support bar! Thanks

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is on the ARR website...

"Installation couldn't be easier. Simply unscrew the knob bolts that hold the door frames to the windshield support bar, set your ARR Radio Mount on top and secure it in place using the knob bolts or the metric bolts supplied with the ARR mount. If you don't have the door frames installed, simple use a set of bolts and nuts (supplied) to secure the ARR Radio Mount to the support bars. Don't have the support bars, ouch!! Sorry, my design will only work with the support bars."

Reactions: Okcpuckfan
Norty05LJ said:
I’m confused (again) on the mount of the Arizona Rocky Road CB mount. On the ends of the AAR bar what do they screw into on the roll (support) bar?

There is already a hole on the bottom of each side bar opposite the hole on the top of each bar which can be seen in your photos. Lay the mount on top of the side bars, line up the holes in the mounting brackets with the holes in the side bars, insert bolts from the bottom and secure with washers and lock nuts on top. That's it. It takes just a few minutes. All necessary hardware is included.

Reactions: Norty05LJ
There is already a hole on the bottom of each side bar opposite the hole on the top of each bar which can be seen in your photos. Lay the mount on top of the side bars, line up the holes in the mounting brackets with the holes in the side bars, insert bolts from the bottom and secure with washers and lock nuts on top. That's it. It takes just a few minutes. All necessary hardware is included.
Thanks, couldn’t feel the bottom hole (most likely old foam in the way) sounds like it should work!

I've read that a 2' antenna is plenty for use on a Jeep, and I'd thought I'd go ahead and maybe mount one back on the corner. But I got to thinking that I keep a standard 2' magnet mount cb antenna in my daily driver vehicle. Used to have 2 of them around, so that I could put a temp cb in the wife's car and my vehicle at the same time for the rare occasion we have to take 2 cars to her parents' place or whatever. My question is, any reason I can't just plop it down in the middle of the TJ hood or cowl and run with it while offroad? Considering my TJ will most likely be on-road 98% of the time.

Any suggestions for routing my cb coax from inside the tub of my TJ to my aluminum driver’s side tail light bracket. I can put it through the grommet and hole into which my tail light wires go but then I could not put the tail light housing back flush on the tub. The other way I see would simply be to run the coax through the very left hand bottom of my soft top where the soft top meets the tailgate. This would probably be ok but Might look a little messy, especially if I have my soft top completely off.

Any suggestions for routing my cb coax from inside the tub of my TJ to my aluminum driver’s side tail light bracket. I can put it through the grommet and hole into which my tail light wires go but then I could not put the tail light housing back flush on the tub. The other way I see would simply be to run the coax through the very left hand bottom of my soft top where the soft top meets the tailgate. This would probably be ok but Might look a little messy, especially if I have my soft top completely off.
This is what I did for my GMRS antenna mount, just drill whole in the side of the light and run the wire inside the light and out the back with the light wires and thru the hole in the rear of the tub.

IMG_8264.jpg

Any suggestions for routing my cb coax from inside the tub of my TJ to my aluminum driver’s side tail light bracket?
. . . I can . . . run the coax through the very left hand bottom of my soft top where the soft top meets the tailgate. This would probably be ok. . . .

I run the coax through a gap in the rubber seal for my hardtop window. No drilling, no grommets, and it looks just fine to me.

CB Antenna Mount Close Up 05 16 2021.jpg
Ham Radio Antenna Coax Routing #2 05 16 2021.jpg

Last edited: