Cost and quality of control arms

beetlemuffler!

AAAHHHH!!!
11872032_411077892430005_1335199191810473175_o.0.jpeg

I'm not sure why I didn't see this thread until this morning, not that I have any specific detailed experience regarding the thread title, "Cost and quality of control arms" but I will say that by the time I got 1/2 way through page one this is exactly what I would have posted if we weren't already on page 6. I see it as post #25 (others may see that as a different # depending on the ignore feature that I don't use)

"Made in China" vs "Made in the USA" is a good start.

And FWIW, that post is where I almost stopped reading but I did notice mrblaine chiming in on post #26 so I'm going back to that point now to see what some "detailed experience regarding the thread title" may actually be and how many posts are needed to get there.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is attacking. But I do think that - until more recent posts — nobody has been actually answering the question and are assuming that I'm comparing low cost to high-cost. I'm not at all asking what makes a $1600 set of JJ arms better than a $400 set of low budget adjustable. I'm asking: if I'm looking at low-cost adjustables, what is going to make one particular brand better or worse than the other (assuming they're within the same price range). I get that they'll both likely have the same bushings, and both likely be constructed of the same metals, but that's exactly the point of my question: what, if anything, makes one brand better or worse than another. If the answer is nothing, that's useful information because then I can safely go for the cheapest and not be swayed by hype and marketing. But if it is well known that a brand simply makes bad components (compared to the same class of component, not compared to a highend JJ arm), then that is very useful information. Forget about what my intented use is. I want to compare apples to apples and know what, if anything, makes one apple better than the other. If all apples are the same, then I'll buy the cheapest I can find.
It’s the stickers they give you that makes them better!😉

@all here — I want to formally apologize to @mrblaine @Chris and any others who may have thought that I was directing my comments at them personally. I've always found the entire WranglerTJ group to be be more than helpful and for whatever reason this thread went a bit haywire. Now that the confusion has been cleared up, I can see why you all thought that I was being thick-headed. I don't like to contribute to digital/social media snarks so my apologies to all.

@all here — I want to formally apologize to @mrblaine @Chris and any others who may have thought that I was directing my comments at them personally. I've always found the entire WranglerTJ group to be be more than helpful and for whatever reason this thread went a bit haywire. Now that the confusion has been cleared up, I can see why you all thought that I was being thick-headed. I don't like to contribute to digital/social media snarks so my apologies to all.
What about my apology? I was very hurt by your comments