Critique my build plan

Id definitely lean towards the Ranchos. Foxes if you have a friendlier budget. I currently have the Bilstien 5100 and they are way to stiff for a TJ. I recently drove one with Rancho 5000s upfront and tuned foxes in the rear, what was a hard jolt in mine I couldnt feel in his. They absorbed a lot of the smaller, harder hits. Bilsteins have their place in the vehicles that are much much heavier (like a 3/4 ton truck).

X2 to @jjvw recommendations. A small body lift on top of your 4" lift (look at savvy if you want a true 1.25" body lift). A super35 kit which would give you 30 spline chromo shafts and a locker (ARB or Detroit). Spicer ball joints. Black Magic Brakes and break them in following the instructions to the T. Learn to cycle your suspension, it will tell you so many things.

My additions--I would look at ditching the transfercase drop that skyjacker probably includes in their kit and go with belly up skid (savvy is my choice), double adjustable control arms (currie or metalcloak), a JB supershort SYE and double cardan driveshaft. Antirock (no need to disconnect the sway bar). Chromoly front shafts and a barnett/currie diff cover.

Please critique my future mods to meet my rig goals:

Picked up an ’03 TJ X, it is my daily driver and weekend adventure (camping and very easy trail). I have 2 goals for this Jeep for the next 5 years:

Goal 1: Build a reliable daily driver (30miles daily/70mph)

Goal 2 (5yrs): Build a rig to take on Rubicon

Current Mods:
  • Skyjacker 4” Sport Hydro Lift
  • Tires/Wheels 35 x 12.5 x 15
  • Speedo Gear 37
  • Dana 30 / 35
  • Rubicon Exp Adjustable Track Bar
Future Mods (45 days):
  • Teraflex Ball Joint
  • Power Stop Brake Kit
  • Bilstein Front/Rear Shocks
  • Currie Currectlync Steer System
  • Stock Pitman Arm

For the 30: 27 spline alloy axles from Revolution, Aussie or No Slip locker
For the 35; Full Super 35 kit, again from Revolution, Detroit locker
Re-gearing: A must, ratio is trans dependent
Trackbar: JKS or Currie. The RE uses a heim joint in the wrong orientation for its design
Ball joints: Don't buy into gimmicks, stick with OE Spicers
Brakes: I run PS on my Silverado, great brakes. But you'll get more rec's for Blaines Black Magic brakes and for good reason.
Shocks: Rancho 5000X
Steering: Currie for sure
Pitman arm: Absolutely stock

Other things to consider: 35's need a bit more clearance. The Savvy aluminum body lift will do the trick.
Get you suspension fully dialed in with proper bumpstops and no interferences.
Gas tank skid; Rokmen, Savvy, probably others. There are tons of ledges on the 'Con and you'll be banging that thing probably more than anything else.
Consider a tuck to move the skid up; Savvy, UCF, custom.
If not already installed, a sye and double cardan shaft in rear.

For the 30: 27 spline alloy axles from Revolution, Aussie or No Slip locker
For the 35; Full Super 35 kit, again from Revolution, Detroit locker
Re-gearing: A must, ratio is trans dependent
Trackbar: JKS or Currie. The RE uses a heim joint in the wrong orientation for its design
Ball joints: Don't buy into gimmicks, stick with OE Spicers
Brakes: I run PS on my Silverado, great brakes. But you'll get more rec's for Blaines Black Magic brakes and for good reason.
Shocks: Rancho 5000X
Steering: Currie for sure
Pitman arm: Absolutely stock

Other things to consider: 35's need a bit more clearance. The Savvy aluminum body lift will do the trick.
Get you suspension fully dialed in with proper bumpstops and no interferences.
Gas tank skid; Rokmen, Savvy, probably others. There are tons of ledges on the 'Con and you'll be banging that thing probably more than anything else.
Consider a tuck to move the skid up; Savvy, UCF, custom.
If not already installed, a sye and double cardan shaft in rear.

Thank you—you opened my eyes to something else now.

After researching Super 35Kit, I learned that there are cons with this setup that concerns me.

What are your thoughts on going in the direction of Dana 44 and supporting components?

Daily driver and Rubicon capable .

Just reminds me of a joke that smacked with truth I heard once...

Funny how all men want June Cleaver in the kitchen and something else in the bedroom .

Not trying to be risque' or tacky .

Thank you—you opened my eyes to something else now.

After researching Super 35Kit, I learned that there are cons with this setup that concerns me.

What are your thoughts on going in the direction of Dana 44 and supporting components?

What are the cons you speak of? Sure, you can go the 44 route with all the upgrades. Your wallet is the only limitation.

Funny how all men want June Cleaver in the kitchen and something else in the bedroom .

I bet after a couple of cocktails, June's inner freak would come out 🤣

Good thing for Jeep owners we dont have to look good with money; just have save up and can have both Daily + Rubicon

Reactions: AndyG