Current Atlas Wait Thread

What's wrong with you man!?! There are less fortunate jeepers in the PNW who would love have an Atlas at home and you mock their unfortunate plight. Now EAT YOUR VEGETABLES!

Let me call the Whambulance for you.... Whining isn't gunna get you your Atlas any faster and mocking others who have theirs only brings bad karma upon you. Your new ship date will be 06/15/2022 if you aren't careful...
happy0187.gif
happy0187.gif
happy0187.gif

Reactions: Blondie70
Did you write up your install? How much hammering on the tub did you do?
You nasty
I didn't do a a step by step write up, but I can tell you that I did a lot a hammering for the both the case itself and a little for the 1350 CV joint on the driveshaft. I also had to cut a fair bit of the tunnel so the shifters would work. I think because mine is a 2.5 its a little more forward that with the 6.0. Otherwise it was a pretty straight forward install. Trans jack was a life saver.

I didn't do a a step by step write up, but I can tell you that I did a lot a hammering for the both the case itself and a little for the 1350 CV joint on the driveshaft. I also had to cut a fair bit of the tunnel so the shifters would work. I think because mine is a 2.5 its a little more forward that with the 6.0. Otherwise it was a pretty straight forward install. Trans jack was a life saver.
When I had my Atlas up and in for mock-up purposes, I noticed the shift tower came reaaal close to the tub. I'm using a TT, which I'm sure has alot to do with it but was yours close, too?

Reactions: Sj's TJ
I'm still waiting for the wallet to refill. Right now I'm regearing and replacing a lot of suspension and steering. My springs had sagged like 2", shocks completely shot and decided to go with some currie stuff, which really increased the bill. Also got gears and lockers to install front and back.

I still can't completely commit to the 2 speed or the 4 speed Atlas. I do plan to ask if I can still get 6:1, but will probably have to go 5:1. The 4 speed has me drooling with the options 2.72, 4.3 and the combination.....Just not sure if it's really worth it though. I don't crawl, so I don't really need it, but I'd like to actually use the 2.72 2Lo to tow some and the 4.3 sounds nice for some technical stuff. But I guess I could go 5:1 and just shift 3rd to 5th and then get into 2hi.

If you get REALLY REALLY hard up for your Atlas I'll sell you my STaK's and then you can have 3.05 & 5.44 crawl ratios.

Ya know I'm just haven fun flippin ya crap. I know how much you want that Atlas and it SUCKS to have these long wait times.

• Love
Reactions: B00mb00m
When I had my Atlas up and in for mock-up purposes, I noticed the shift tower came reaaal close to the tub. I'm using a TT, which I'm sure has alot to do with it but was yours close, too?
I had to cut the tunnel to fit the shift tower itself. I used sheet metal to create a "new" section of tunnel. I'm running the UCF ultra high clearance with a highly modified stock trans mount. I'm waiting to install my TMR crossmember when my friends with welders open up. Hopefully I can lower mine a little with that crossmember. We shall see.

I had to cut the tunnel to fit the shift tower itself. I used sheet metal to create a "new" section of tunnel. I'm running the UCF ultra high clearance with a highly modified stock trans mount. I'm waiting to install my TMR crossmember when my friends with welders open up. Hopefully I can lower mine a little with that crossmember. We shall see.
You don't run a BL correct?

Let me call the Whambulance for you.... Whining isn't gunna get you your Atlas any faster and mocking others who have theirs only brings bad karma upon you. Your new ship date will be 06/15/2022 if you aren't careful... View attachment 209599 View attachment 209600 View attachment 209601
Haha I started the thread because when our first hawaiian president was elected I ordered a larue that was 2 year + wait and we had a larue tracking thread and the shared pain and joy of the people waiting and who received seemed to help pass the time

Reactions: Wildman
I'm still waiting for the wallet to refill. Right now I'm regearing and replacing a lot of suspension and steering. My springs had sagged like 2", shocks completely shot and decided to go with some currie stuff, which really increased the bill. Also got gears and lockers to install front and back.

I still can't completely commit to the 2 speed or the 4 speed Atlas. I do plan to ask if I can still get 6:1, but will probably have to go 5:1. The 4 speed has me drooling with the options 2.72, 4.3 and the combination.....Just not sure if it's really worth it though. I don't crawl, so I don't really need it, but I'd like to actually use the 2.72 2Lo to tow some and the 4.3 sounds nice for some technical stuff. But I guess I could go 5:1 and just shift 3rd to 5th and then get into 2hi.
Ya 2.72 plus 4.3 would be amazing. I really like my np231 it's actually a great ratio just a wee bit too fast in the rocks.

Bought this from a buddy last week. 3.0 Race case. Used but rebuilt with new yokes. Wasn't even looking for one, haha.

received_378959896715155.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Oh dam you gots the 4 speeds.
I did. I got an amazing deal on it as I was only planning to get the 2 speed. I was coming from a 4:1 case and occasionally wished I had less gearing in low. And this is perfect. I thought I would never use the doubler but as it turns out it is awesome and I use it quite often.however the best part is 2wd low ranges.

Reactions: BugoutJeep
I did. I got an amazing deal on it as I was only planning to get the 2 speed. I was coming from a 4:1 case and occasionally wished I had less gearing in low. And this is perfect. I thought I would never use the doubler but as it turns out it is awesome and I use it quite often.however the best part is 2wd low ranges.
Do you have a stretched wheelbase? I've been worried about the fit on the 4 speed. I have planned to do some amount of tummy tuck. I have an extended range fuel tank as well, which won't leave me much room for even a small stretch. I'm running a GPS speedometer, so I guess I can at least make the 4speed a bit smaller.

How does one find a deal on an Atlas? Did you buy used?

Do you have a stretched wheelbase? I've been worried about the fit on the 4 speed. I have planned to do some amount of tummy tuck. I have an extended range fuel tank as well, which won't leave me much room for even a small stretch. I'm running a GPS speedometer, so I guess I can at least make the 4speed a bit smaller.
Yes I’m stretched 5” in the rear. But I think if you went with the non speedo tail housing it would be doable.

Reactions: BugoutJeep