Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

these are goin away fast with a spongy restock date............all the dates i'm seeing are mid May. there are lots of good used sets around but it's gettin hard to find a new MT/R in non-metric size around here.
Mid May is what I've been hearing as well. That was why I decided to not rush tires before TJFest on something other than what I want. May isn't that far away.

Mid May is what I've been hearing as well. That was why I decided to not rush tires before TJFest on something other than what I want. May isn't that far away.
sucks but y'all may have to find different rubber soon. everything goodyear is buying from us right now is for overseas they are not investing new funds into US based production plants (at least not much from us). as far as i know there is only 1 gdyr truck tire plant producing right now. these are considered truck tires, based on size.

• Sad
Reactions: rasband and jjvw
The difference being?
I thought Warn hub kits were readily available for the Dana 30...wrong?
And that is was the Dana 44 that might be the BSC.. wrong?
And I assumed it was an easy install since they're on the Dana 30 on my '99 XJ... wrong?
Bought the Dana 30 already built so what the hell do I know.

Feeling like I'm talking to my wife about how to decorate the house - Wrong! :D

SaulGoodman.

And I assumed it was an easy install since they're on the Dana 30 on my '99 XJ... wrong?

SaulGoodman.
My front Dana 44 outers are the same as your Dana 30 outers.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
Same reason as any other vehicle. More caster will calm down the steering. I currently have as much as I can get without front driveshaft vibes. By removing the shaft from the equation during normal driving, I can add more.
High pinion diff might improve it more if you don’t have one

How far do you think going from 4.5* to 7* caster will allow the axle to move? 3/4-1” ? It should be substantial. Due to my hilines I’m hoping to run foxes at 7/5 bias. All speculation until I cycle everything again.

How far do you think going from 4.5* to 7* caster will allow the axle to move? 3/4-1” ? It should be substantial. Due to my hilines I’m hoping to run foxes at 7/5 bias. All speculation until I cycle everything again.
No idea. I don't even know or care what my existing caster is, because that was determined by the pinion being about 1° below the driveshaft.

You went through moving some front end parts around to gain a bit of clearance. Being able to dial in more caster will assist being able to move things a tad further. How much? I really don’t know. I can tell you spending the money on my hub kit was well worth it. I bought mine new from eBay for $1k then got $150 rebate, this was a few years back now.

Reactions: jjvw
Not to be vulture but as I’ve had these on back order since like Nov, what are your plans for them?
They will very likely get sold when the time comes. Don't know when that will be, though. My preference right now is to avoid shipping since I know there is local demand.

Reactions: rasband
Completely wrong since Warn is no longer in the hub conversion business and sold that to Yukon. Yukon has them for both 4.5" and 5.5" bolt patterns that bolt right up to the TJ Dana 30 and 44 inner C and ball joints with no other modification needed.
My translator is broke, that that one again.
If you can get the knuckle off, swap a u-joint, and press in wheel studs, very easy.
A bit more now.

SaulGoodman.
Everyone has to suck at something, maybe consider leaving some for the rest of us to share.

Completely wrong since Warn is no longer in the hub conversion business and sold that to Yukon. Yukon has them for both 4.5" and 5.5" bolt patterns that bolt right up to the TJ Dana 30 and 44 inner C and ball joints with no other modification needed.

Bastard Step Child.
If you can get the knuckle off, swap a u-joint, and press in wheel studs, very easy.

A bit more now.
(y)
Everyone has to suck at something, maybe consider leaving some for the rest of us to share.
Dang.

A bit more now.

So if I'm willing to spend the money these are the ticket? And they'll work fine with the 15/16" BBK I just installed?
Yup, I'm a glutton for punishment.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/yukon...erm=4579328492999223&utm_content=Brand/Number