Does anybody have round LED tail lights?

Curious to know if the burnt lips were worth it.🤔It's not for me😳......I'm asking for my friend....."Coatman...yea. "Coatman"🙄. You don't know him. I met him at band camp.😉

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
A little off topic, but do any have the back up light and a license plate light too? I know they make separate plate lights, just would prefer all in one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076343SQM/?tag=wranglerorg-20

$15

47074125-0D6D-4FA8-8982-7363F5EC7423.jpeg

Thinking about buying some of the flush round LED tail lights. Anybody recommend? I want to buy as cheap as possible. I have some cheap chinese LED headlights and i love them. Point me in the right direction please.
I have 4” flush mount LED tail light on our LJ
- the only negative to say about them,is they don’t melt the snow and ice in the wintertime and this can become a safety hazard especially in high traffic areas
- i REALLY like the looks of rectangular ones ( available in every truck n trailer supply store )like one JEEPER in town has installed on his rig,swap out LEDs for incandescent ones in the winter months

What are your opinions on flange mount vs grommet? Am I missing something but it appears the grommet mount holds the light by friction only? I would think a flange screwed to the tub would be more secure but when it comes to tail lights does it even matter?

Grote (55202). They make lighting for tractor trailers. Integrated stop, tail, turn, and back-up with a stainless steel flange. We will paint the flange black.

View attachment 109972

View attachment 109973

See our build thread for how we put them in:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/tjs-tj.10996/page-8

I like the look of those especially once you painted the ring black.

How's the brightness of the backup light? Also, does the brake/tail look like a halo or is it solid red when illuminated? I'm not a big fan of the halo look.

I like the look of those especially once you painted the ring black.

How's the brightness of the backup light? Also, does the brake/tail look like a halo or is it solid red when illuminated? I'm not a big fan of the halo look.

Backup light is actually very bright, the tail lights are like a 5 light star pattern, and the brake lights have all the lights lit, cant really see a pattern. I will try and get some pics if you are interested

Backup light is actually very bright, the tail lights are like a 5 light star pattern, and the brake lights have all the lights lit, cant really see a pattern. I will try and get some pics if you are interested
That would be awesome if you could send some pics. Also solid work on the build!

What are your opinions on flange mount vs grommet? Am I missing something but it appears the grommet mount holds the light by friction only? I would think a flange screwed to the tub would be more secure but when it comes to tail lights does it even matter?
It’s a personal preference thing some don’t like to cut a big hole in the tub for either flange or grommet so they use the low profile surface mount.

Before you cut the holes you might want to check if they will pass MA inspection. Since you will be removing the side reflectors you will no longer be compliant with DOT regulations.

From the MA vehicle inspection checklist
8. Lighting Devices
  • Tail lights
  • Directional (turn signal lights)
  • Head light aim
  • Hazard lights/Reverse lights/License plate light(s) and reflectors
  • Aftermarket lighting