Does your TJ have a name?

Called my first Jeep I got in 2008 Darwin, after Charles Darwin. It was a 2.4 6 speed that kept evolving, so it seemed fitting.

Then when I got my current Jeep and got back into it I named him Wallace, after Alfred Russel Wallace, another 19th century evolutionist who co-published some works with Darwin.

Reactions: Queticon
I named mine Jenny, after Jenny from Forrest Gump. Forrest Gump loved Jenny, and I love my Jeep, so it only made sense to me.
I can imagine you saying "why don't you love me Jenny ?" when your TJ needs fixing hehe

1575933181913.png

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
I enjoyed the Baa Baa Black Sheep series especially the sound of the Corsairs engines. Wow. My house is next to a small airstrip where the local crop duster flew out of. I loved it when he fired up his AG Cat rotary engine biplane.9D6AABBC-7AAA-4DDB-88BE-D5966AF931AC.jpeg

Not that I'm adverse to naming vehicles, as I've named a lot of cars that I've owned and I put a lot of work in, going back to an orange '74 Vega GT that I named "Pumpkin".

My first Jeep was a '73 CJ5 with a souped up 304 in it. That one I called the "B**ch" as it was squirrely as heck trying to drive it and I was getting the feeling it was trying to kill me. I bought it barely running from a guy I was stationed with and after I got it running good, he bought it back from me for over twice what I gave him for it originally. He kept the name.

The next was an 80 CJ5 with the GM 4 banger that I bought new. Factory Teal Blue paint with a dealer added Longhorn stripe package. Somehow in our travels, my buddies decided that the Longhorn was a mule and they started calling it the "Blue Mule". I ended up naming it "Bessie" as my Grandpa had a mule named Bessie when I was a kid. Bessie was my daily driver for several years and if I went anywhere, it was in Bessie. I still regret the day I traded her off on a new F150. I didn't own another Jeep for over 30 years.

The Lj has been being called "Ol' Blue" or just "Blue" is what I've been calling it.

Reactions: Queticon
Some good names here. I don’t consider my Rubi a “she”. I’ve been sailing for a long time and for me, “she” refers to a boat so it’s weird to say “she”.

My Rubi is called “Hirvi” (pronounced here-vee and if you’re good you’ll roll the ‘r’). In Finish that’s “Moose”. Vanity plates coming in 2020 ;)

Queticon was my old TJ sort of a play on words crossed between Quetico and Rubicon.

My LJ had nickname Kusty due to some body and frame rust when I bought it. But now that those issues are taken care of I'm thinking it needs a new nickname

Haven't given her an official name yet, usually just call her RUBI or the TJ...but I have been leaning towards Eugene...View attachment 128523
Not going to lie, I usually hate those Eugene decals, they look tacky to me. But that one looks quality, and it works so well with the Jeep color. Looks factory in a way. I like that a lot.

Not going to lie, I usually hate those Eugene decals, they look tacky to me. But that one looks quality, and it works so well with the Jeep color. Looks factory in a way. I like that a lot.
Thanks
That's actually not a decal, I photoshopped that on there to see what it would look like and if I go with that I can get them made.
That was my intention to look like factory. If I get them made, I'll update.
Thanks again

Thanks
That's actually not a decal, I photoshopped that on there to see what it would look like and if I go with that I can get them made.
That was my intention to look like factory. If I get them made, I'll update.
Thanks again

You fooled me, and I'm pretty photoshop experienced. I used to get paid to do that stuff. I can't recommend pixeldecals.com enough, he/she's always done good work for me for a good price and it's held up through a lot of salt and tree branch abuse.

You fooled me, and I'm pretty photoshop experienced. I used to get paid to do that stuff. I can't recommend pixeldecals.com enough, he/she's always done good work for me for a good price and it's held up through a lot of salt and tree branch abuse.
That's a good place to check with if I get them made.
Actually it wasn't Photoshop, I did it on my default Android photo editor.😁

As I was signing the bill of sale the PO asks me, “ you going to name it? We named her Jeepie.” I’m like “ahh no, that’s really not my thing.”

I also own a Mini Cooper and it seems like 90% of those folks name their car.