Fire bug

Well, it has started. He threatened a friend of ours that tried to park in the driveway. I had to call Sac PD to make a report on it even though nothing came of it because my friend did move his truck to our driveway around the corner. Then after that I saw him flailing his arms and saying something to my hubby as hubby tried to start our truck that we had parked in the driveway. Hubby said he couldn't' really understand all what he was yelling but something about getting off of "his" property. Umm, you don't rent the driveway you just have access too it to come and go to the yard and house you rent. He didn't tell him that, LOL, he just told the guy to go back in the house. He did. LOL

I am going to start caring a can of wasp spray if I have to go close to the fence that separates our properties. I hear it is better then mace. :D That and I have it on hand. Really I shouldn't need to go near it till I have to mow the yard, but I may pass up next weeks mowing of those yards.

Going to be an interesting week next week. I'm almost glad we are leaving for the weekend, but I do worry about my son having to deal with things ( he's 30). I told him if he has any hassle to call 911 and also call my hubby's son who live just on the other end of our block.

Not sure what local laws say, but being CA I’d be careful with what you spray in his face. Now if you were spraying for wasps and he happens to attack, you should be ok. But would hate to see you in trouble. Just a friendly call would answer that question and pepper spray is cheap. Pepper spray doesn’t always work either so be aware and have an escape plan.

Well, it's been 13 days so far and no signs of them (his Mom and StepDad) doing anything to get him out. In fact the Mom just took him shopping today. I watched him haul about 15 bags of stuff into the house, so he is stocked up for a month.

We have a couple more incidents where he told my husband to get his vehicle off of his property and threatened him. We have a witness to that one. I also have a few videos of him peering at me through the fence. Today the camera recorded him fighting with his imaginary person. So I have some proof of him being violent.

I also found out that he is no longer registered as a sex offender. As far as I know he is supposed to keep registering, at least that is what I was told. So maybe that will help us, who knows? My hubby was talking with a SacPD (retired) friend and her friend was working with the "mental team" and was supposed to come out this week to evaluate him. So far I havn't seen anyone show up. We also found out that those to girls just got laid off, so that isn't such a good thing. LOL

We have decided that if there is still no attempt to move by the 24th we will look for an eviction lawyer. Even if he is 5150, we should have the right to get our house back.

If he has failed to register, he can be charged. Call your local PD and let them know. Most PD’s care about that stuff and will come out and deal with it.

Not sure how CA works. But here in Oregon the sex offender is required to register each year on their birthday, any address changes and if they enroll into a college. Failure to do so is a Felony.

Reactions: Apparition
If he has failed to register, he can be charged. Call your local PD and let them know. Most PD’s care about that stuff and will come out and deal with it.

Not sure how CA works. But here in Oregon the sex offender is required to register each year on their birthday, any address changes and if they enroll into a college. Failure to do so is a Felony.

Yah, I think it works the same here in CA but not totally sure. Going to do some research. With Covid going on, wonder if they would even arrest him for it? I will for sure look into it though.

Yah, I think it works the same here in CA but not totally sure. Going to do some research. With Covid going on, wonder if they would even arrest him for it? I will for sure look into it though.

Most likely a court summons.

Well, it is now Sept. 2nd and he is not out. His Mom and brother dropped some boxes off to him last week and he told them he would be out by the 30th. That came and went and nothing. So yesterday, the first of Sept. Mom and brother went over again and this time he told her he will get out the next morning and drop the keys off at the tow yard (where his Mom used to run her business). It is now a little after 2 pm and he is still there. Hubby has decided that when he gets home we will call an eviction lawyer and go from there. I actually printed out all the paper work needed for this lawyer to do what he does, just need to actually hire him and get the papers to him.

I want to make him uncomfortable though. Would it be legal for us to open the big rolling gate for the driveway to that house (he only rents house and front yard, not driveway) and lock it open? Also, how legal would it be for us to take the actual chain link gate off of the fence that separates the driveway and his yard, off? Like we are going to be doing some repairs to it? LOL He actually had it off for a bit, till the first time his Mom and brother came and dropped the boxes off. He has since put it back on and has it locked. Wouldn't even open for him Mom and brother yesterday. Because of that I fear they will have a hard time serving him the eviction letter.

What a pain in the ass this is going to be.

Reactions: Rick Flair
I don't know about the legalities of any of that stuff (it likely is different from state-to-state), but talk about a royal pain in the ass having to go through the eviction process.

Shit, I don't even think you can evict someone now. They issued a mandate that stopped all evictions until the end of 2020 I believe. I read something about it in the headlines yesterday.

Reactions: Rick Flair
I don't know about the legalities of any of that stuff (it likely is different from state-to-state), but talk about a royal pain in the ass having to go through the eviction process.

Shit, I don't even think you can evict someone now. They issued a mandate that stopped all evictions until the end of 2020 I believe. I read something about it in the headlines yesterday.

Yes, that is only true for people that can't pay their rent do to covid. One can still evict for other reasons. We are evicting because we need the house back for my mother in law to live in. AKA, family needs to move into it. :D Well, actually my son. Just thought about it, can't say MIL, she is deceased. LOL

I'd like to think you could do whatever you wanted to YOUR property as long as it's not written in a lease to the tenant or something like that. Not like you're going over there and turning off the electricity or water or something. Anything you do tho with this guy i'd be leery of repercussions of course.

Reactions: mrjp and Rick Flair
I'd like to think you could do whatever you wanted to YOUR property as long as it's not written in a lease to the tenant or something like that. Not like you're going over there and turning off the electricity or water or something. Anything you do tho with this guy i'd be leery of repercussions of course.

I would think too, but I saw some real estate show on TV a few years ago, and it seems the CA tenant laws are crazy compared to PA.

Reactions: Daryl and mrjp
I would think too, but I saw some real estate show on TV a few years ago, and it seems the CA tenant laws are crazy compared to PA.

Yah, CA is ridiculous with it's laws.

Went and saw the attorney today and we have to serve him again with a legal 60 day notice and also another letter that states that the rental doesn't fall under some other mumbo jumbo law. LOL That is good for us. Anyway, we get to collect Augusts rent that we originally didn't, and then collect Sept. and Oct. We don't collect November. If he is not out by November 4th, then the attorney starts the actual eviction process. He said that under normal conditions, that takes about 2 months. So hopefully by the time November comes around the courts will be doing more normal business.

We get to sue him for any days he is in the house after the November 4th date and also any attorney fees and damages to the house between November 4th till he is kicked out. We will be sueing him. We may not be able to collect anything right away but there will be a judgement against him and when he gets his inheritance, we will get some of it too. LOL

All this depends on if we can get him served today. We went and tried once and he didn't come out of the house. I told hubby that he should yell out that his (Danny's) Mom wanted him (my husband) to give him some money, but OH NO, he couldn't do that. Instead he grabbed a empty box out of the back of the truck that was in the driveway and expected Danny to come out. Like the dude is going to want a box when he already told my husband on the 2nd that he had no plans of moving. UGGGHHH, why can't men just listen to their wives once in a while? I know he will come out for money or cigarettes.

Anyway, that is where we are right now. The thing I think is funny, is right now it is nice outside. Plenty of time to find a place to take shelter. When we finally do get to get him out, it is going to be in the dead of winter. Cold and rainy. I will be video taping rain or shine the day that the Sheriff comes to get him out!!! I hope it is pouring rain! :D

Well, he tried to get him to come out by telling him he needed to unlock his lock that was on the gate. Hubby took the gate off to try to fix it as Danny had it so the latch wouldn't work right. He wouldn't come out. He tried for like a half hour. He ended up taping it to the window and we had to take another copy and take it down to the post office an drop it in the mail. Hubby taped the thing on like we were going t have a hurricane or something. He figured Danny could still pull it off and would, but he never did. We do have him on video noticing it, then he read it, then walked away and then came back and read it again. He could only read the first page though with out pulling it off. There are 2 more pages. He should still get the other copy in the mail, so I will keep an eye out for the mail man today and Tuesday. Hopefully I can get him on video opening the envelope and notice.

Today he watered the house and doing so watered the notice too. He has no intentions on pulling it down. I think he is thinking if he doesn't touch it, it doesn't count.

I have to go take the proof of service to the attorney on Tuesday morning so I will make sure what we did is ok. It should be because it was one of the options on how to serve it, but it makes me nervous that he didn't take it off the wall. The other 2 ways to serve it besides the way we did it and giving it to him personally, are to give it to someone else in the household or certified mail. There is no one else and certified mail wouldn't work because he wouldn't go down an get it. Heck, he probably wouldn't even know what that notice is for and if he did, he would probably just rip it up.

I also now know that his Mom isn't really going to help us get him out. She brought him some groceries today. I really think they are just telling my hubby what he wants to hear and probably telling Danny he can stay there.

Well, he tried to get him to come out by telling him he needed to unlock his lock that was on the gate. Hubby took the gate off to try to fix it as Danny had it so the latch wouldn't work right. He wouldn't come out. He tried for like a half hour. He ended up taping it to the window and we had to take another copy and take it down to the post office an drop it in the mail. Hubby taped the thing on like we were going t have a hurricane or something. He figured Danny could still pull it off and would, but he never did. We do have him on video noticing it, then he read it, then walked away and then came back and read it again. He could only read the first page though with out pulling it off. There are 2 more pages. He should still get the other copy in the mail, so I will keep an eye out for the mail man today and Tuesday. Hopefully I can get him on video opening the envelope and notice.

Today he watered the house and doing so watered the notice too. He has no intentions on pulling it down. I think he is thinking if he doesn't touch it, it doesn't count.

I have to go take the proof of service to the attorney on Tuesday morning so I will make sure what we did is ok. It should be because it was one of the options on how to serve it, but it makes me nervous that he didn't take it off the wall. The other 2 ways to serve it besides the way we did it and giving it to him personally, are to give it to someone else in the household or certified mail. There is no one else and certified mail wouldn't work because he wouldn't go down an get it. Heck, he probably wouldn't even know what that notice is for and if he did, he would probably just rip it up.

I also now know that his Mom isn't really going to help us get him out. She brought him some groceries today. I really think they are just telling my hubby what he wants to hear and probably telling Danny he can stay there.

Wow, you are dealing with one of the worst types of people. I feel your pain.

Reactions: mrjp and Rick Flair
Wow, you are dealing with one of the worst types of people. I feel your pain.

Yah, honestly I didn't think we were going to have this much hassle. My husband has known the Step Dad before he was the Step Dad. Known the Mom for at least 30 years give or take. In fact he used to take Danny to school when he was younger. He is 51 now. So I was pretty pissed when I saw her bringing milk and cornflakes and most likely a carton or two of cigs to him today. She is so afraid of him she won't even get out of the car. She honks and he comes out. So that shows again on how much she cares about us too. If she is that afraid of him and she just has to give him money and food, what about me that has to live next to him? Could care less about me and my hubby. All she has to do to get him out is withhold the money, food and cigs. He will eventually come around and want money for cigs and booze and be willing to trade the keys to the house for the money. I know that sounds mean but in reality if she was that concerned about him having food and such, she would be trying to find him a place to move into. She knows that once the Sheriff comes, he will be out on the streets anyway. Guess she is just buying him another few months.

I gave him somebody to talk to today. :D
BAB8FFAA-05EE-45DE-AC3D-B065201BC984.jpeg

I also have a mannequin guy that stands about 6'5" tall. I want to put him over there too, but I don't want him to get ruined. LOL Or maybe this.

C97D4E0D-EE5E-40C4-8B5F-B5E96855507F.jpeg
l

Hubby got him from a friend and the night he brought him home I was already in bed (with my 5 dogs) and it was dark. I had the tv on so that was the only light in the room. The dogs didn't stop barking for a good half hour and every time my hubby made a noise in the other parts of the house they went ballistic. LOL

Oh, and he is probably in sleeping right now because he was up all night. He is now going out to the blvd and dragging home garbage that the homeless leave down the road.

Soooo, I just ordered this.

71PFaQ3m7fL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Remember, the back and one side of the house he is to where I can tap on his bedroom and bathroom windows. I will be standing near the bedroom window and blow that horn a few times a day. LOL