Gas Prices

$2.39 two weeks ago here in WA. It’s been jumping almost daily. Now $2.71.

Thanks to Biden shutting oil down and costing people jobs. He hates America.

Reactions: Apparition
Everywhere is a long drive for me, so every other day I was filling the tank on the truck. Now that I've got a car with much better mpg, I haven't got gas this week at all.

You guys really need to stop listening to the news...

U.S. All Grades All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices (Dollars per Gallon)
JanFebMarAprMay
17$2.458$2.416$2.437$2.528$2.503
18 $ 2.671$2.705$2.709$2.873$2.987
2019$2.338$2.393$2.594$2.881$2.946
2020$2.636$2.533$2.329$1.938$1.961
2021Jan $2.420FEB $2.587

Sorry my table is messed up but you can get the idea. Every year from Jan-May gas goes up. Doesn't matter who the president is. The refineries switch from winter blend to summer blend. Except for last year when we had a major pandemic. This year everyone is starting to go back to work and we just had a major winter storm hit Texas and shut refineries down.

Stop listening to these stupid for profit news companies.

i am just in awe at how anyone can pay that ! i guess i'm really lucky, live a simple life. built a 2000 sq ft home 10yrs ago myself for cash, my brother and i did everything but the concrete and roof. it's all elect. except the stove. but i do heat mostly with a wood burning stove if it stays cold for 2 or 3 days....i'm 125 miles north of ATL in the mountains and 20 miles from the NC. / TENN lines so yes we do get cold but not as cold a y'all in NY. it's beyond me how yall afford a house note, car note and those elect. bills. i'm 56, retired aircraft mechanic and luckily owe no one a dime. i'll have nightmares tonight thinking of a $1100 elect. bill 😵
You are my Hero. I spent alot of life owing about what I made and always needing more. At 48 I have really scaled back. I have great credit today but own no credit cards and try not to finance anything. There is somthing freeing about living simple.

You are my Hero. I spent alot of life owing about what I made and always needing more. At 48 I have really scaled back. I have great credit today but own no credit cards and try not to finance anything. There is somthing freeing about living simple.
THANK YOU SIR ! one thing you should do if possible, get yourself 1 cash back credit card, put everything on it you can, elect., cell. cable (whatever you can) and use it for everything. 2% adds up quick, but you have to be disciplined enough to pay it off every month so interest doesn't eat you up. i've done this since i was 16, only paid interest on a card once in my life. and only open another card if it's for something big and you can get interest free, as soon as its paid off throw it away. when i built my house i ran short on money at the end, home depot had 24 months interest free, bought everything i needed and paid it off a month early.

Reactions: Hopper and cliffish