Hesitation on acceleration

Corvairdan

I have a 2006 TJ 2.4L. When I press the accelerator the engine dies out almost to a stall then picks up. I originally thought it was a fuel problem and replaced the fuel pump and the fuel injectors. That didn’t work. I then read online that the upstream o2 sensor may control the fuel air mixture so I replaced it. No help. When the engine dies down there is there is a “cha” sound of air at the air manifold. I had to replace the starter also so the sensors were reset.
Anyone have any ideas?

Check the throttle position sensor

ok. I replaced the TMP. While I had the throttle off I put in a new set of spark plugs. There is still a hesitation and Ann air “cha” sound when I press on the accelerator. It seems to run ok at cruising speed.

replaced so far:
Fuel pump
Fuel injectors
TMP
Upstream O2 sensor
Spark plugs

Any help is greatly appreciated
Dan

ok. I replaced the TMP. While I had the throttle off I put in a new set of spark plugs. There is still a hesitation and Ann air “cha” sound when I press on the accelerator. It seems to run ok at cruising speed.

replaced so far:
Fuel pump
Fuel injectors
TMP
Upstream O2 sensor
Spark plugs

Dan
I’m trying to think of what else to look for and also keep an eye if any solenoid or anything could be opening that is messing with you a little bit

replaced so far:
Fuel pump
Fuel injectors
TMP
Upstream O2 sensor
Spark plugs

Dan
Dan, I am having the exact same problem except mine does not make that noise you described, it simply feels like it is not getting fuel. And I too replaced all you listed except for the TMP, but I also changed the distributor cap and rotor. Am out of ideas and so is my mechanic. It is a 1997 TJ 2.5. We have looked everywhere searched all the Jeep forums...Did you find out what it was?

My 2005 TJ Sport has same issue. I'm getting P0430. We've replaced camshaft position sensor with Mopar OEM. Also replaced synchronizer. And I had the PCM (brain) tested and it was bad so new pcm. Still can't get rid of the issue. Runs and drives strong but if you romp on it it really has the hesitation jerkiness until u let off accelerator.

My '06 4.0 does the same thing.
Bogs a little when I stab the gas.
I only notice it when I'm sitting in park at idle.