Arizona Hey Arizona

Gblabla

Supporting Member
Looking to take the trip up the Backway to Crown King on Monday. Thinking about a 10:30 start from the trailhead at the CK rock. Anyone interested / available to make this run??

What say you @Boinked , @Dave, @Wakeangel ??

@Gblabla Did you make it out to Crown King? If so, how was it?

I did indeed. A great run for sure. A couple challenging sections and could have used a bit more clearance as the skidplate did find a couple rocks. Ran into quite a bit of snow up top.

First pic was last week. Just too the trailhead that day exploring around Lake Pleasant.

20191221_161557.jpg

FB_IMG_1577911138458.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

Reactions: ac_ and DaveC
I have never Jeeped up there yet, but I have ridden my quads up a few times. It is a fun run, but I am always concerned I won't be able to fuel up at the top. Not sure if my quads could do the round trip on a tank of gas.

Sometimes I camp down at the staging area and fish in Lake Pleasant. A few times I saw some herds of wild donkeys. I love it up there. Sorry I missed this one.

I have never Jeeped up there yet, but I have ridden my quads up a few times. It is a fun run, but I am always concerned I won't be able to fuel up at the top. Not sure if my quads could do the round trip on a tank of gas.

Sometimes I camp down at the staging area and fish in Lake Pleasant. A few times I saw some herds of wild donkeys. I love it up there. Sorry I missed this one.

It's an interesting area for sure. We get the Burros down in our neighborhood about 10 miles from lake Pleasant. Looks like a lot I'd area to explore North of the lake. Need to get to Crown King again with a little more time to explore.

20191005_212305.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ac_