I got called a mall crawler today

so today I was at home depot and I got out of my jeep and a dip shit was next to me in the parking lot with his pick up and he said to me nice mall crawler. I said thanks and kept walking but then I was thinking am I? I love to go off-roading but living in the city makes it hard to get out sometimes so my jeep has stayed somewhat clean. now my jeep isn't set up crazy I have bumpers tires and a lift. I know this is stupid for me to put on here but I just kind of wanted to put it out there it doesn't matter what mods you have done your part of the community (unless you have the angry bird grill) don't let those kind of people bother you
0B3C149B-1C84-444A-98CF-9DFFACC2B95A.png

I didn't read through this but I would consider it a compliment if someone referred to me as a mall crawler

Why is that? What’s your definition of a Mall Crawler?
You know my response was a little tongue in cheek right? But in all seriousness it's what I am..im a restoration guy. My jeeps will most likely never see rocks or obstacles and never mud!! I have my 2019 Jl professionally detailed every few months. I am in the process of restoring a 1998 tj right now back to oem function and looks. My assumption of a mall crawler is a jeep that doesn't go off road and is used more as a daily driver...at the end of the day I really dont care what people think about me or my jeep and neither should you or the next guy. I am being honest when I say there are maybe 10 people on this planet who's opinion really matters at the end of the day...

You know my response was a little tongue in cheek right? But in all seriousness it's what I am..im a restoration guy. My jeeps will most likely never see rocks or obstacles and never mud!! I have my 2019 Jl professionally detailed every few months. I am in the process of restoring a 1998 tj right now back to oem function and looks. My assumption of a mall crawler is a jeep that doesn't go off road and is used more as a daily driver...at the end of the day I really dont care what people think about me or my jeep and neither should you or the next guy. I am being honest when I say there are maybe 10 people on this planet who's opinion really matters at the end of the day...
Thought you might be kidding there, but I would not call a stock-ish jeep detailed out a mall crawler (and that was the reason for the question). I reserve that pejorative for rigs that are made to look like they can offroad, but are not really built for it. Say, 40's on a Dana 35 (or even a 44), for example. You know, form before function...

My Jeep like most of my vehicles hardly get used. I think I might have put on 5, or 6 hundred miles on my Jeep this year. I use my frontier most of the time.

I'm to old and busted up to go wheeling and I hate breaking down. I'll take my Jeep down dirt roads that is about it.

Ten people? Shit I don't care what anyone has to say, ask my wife. I hate drama so I'm pretty much a loner.

I talk to more people online then I do in real life.

Reactions: P man
My Jeep like most of my vehicles hardly get used. I think I might have put on 5, or 6 hundred miles on my Jeep this year. I use my frontier most of the time.

I'm to old and busted up to go wheeling and I hate breaking down. I'll take my Jeep down dirt roads that is about it.

Ten people? Shit I don't care what anyone has to say, ask my wife. I hate drama so I'm pretty much a loner.

I talk to more people online then I do in real life.
10 was being generous..its probably less

I only think of two types of jeeps negatively (but also accept they can do what they want): brodozers and posers (probably what people would call a mall crawler). But I wouldn't comment on it ever unless they're being dumb on the trail and about to roll two rigs being stubborn.

I really only dislike it when people are disingenuous about what their jeep is and does. It's fine if they don't wheel it, but it's annoying when there's a "built" rig that is played up how hardcore they are but there's not a damn scratch on it. Those who know, know.

Reactions: WSS and NashvilleTJ