I thought I was bad...

Everybody knows the problems with those kinds of sites, why do they continue to utilize them?

That’s because they are addicted in every sense of the word. They literally can’t bring themselves to stop.

That’s because they are addicted in every sense of the word. They literally can’t bring themselves to stop.
How did they get on them in the first place? I knew better in 2004 when the stupid thing first became a "thing". I could tell MySpace was a childish mess, and it was obvious facefuck was more of the same. I did have a fleeting, peripheral acquaintance with the old Tribe - which taught me to stay away from fad sites like that. Geocities was before that, but that was basically individual user webpages in their infrastructure - but it was another fad that died.

Reactions: Huckster and Chris
So called "Social media" is another discussion entirely. I don't see the need/use for it, and consider it illegitimate at best. Everybody knows the problems with those kinds of sites, why do they continue to utilize them? Makes no sense to me.
I logged into a social media site today, "wranglertjforum" and found this post. It seemed odd considering the context.

• Love
Reactions: TJ Jim
Was at HomeDepot a couple days ago. Usually I go self-checkout, but they closed that section 30 min before doors. So I had to stand in line to face a cashier who so happened to be holding her phone and texting someone between ringing up my items and the credit transaction. Super fvkkn annoying!

And you know how things are today — they arent writing anyone up or firing them, thats for sure.

• Angry
Reactions: Plumber1 and Zorba
I logged into a social media site today, "wranglertjforum" and found this post. It seemed odd considering the context.
Depends on what your definition of "is" is. Sites like this predate "Social Media" and I don't consider them such. But semantic arguments are for Liberals, so whatever blows your skirt up! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Modoc Guy and qslim
I don't blame the tool..... I blame the behavior.

I use my Smartphone for my vocation and to keep in touch with my family. No social media... and I have programmed for do-not-disturb at 6pm every night other than calls or notifications from certain numbers etc.

It's discipline and it took me a while to get there but I've resisted the urge to let it rule my life.

Yep mine turns off at 9pm, on at 7am. Unknown numbers blocked. Watched a woman driving in the fast lane, 80mph texting today. Must be a suicidal wish.

Reactions: Zorba
Id imagine we'd have a better future if parents and schools taught some type cell phone etiquette. But maybe Im just dreaming.

The habit of shutting down at a certain time of night, hours before bed, is certainly great for the brain, though.

Reactions: Zorba
Yep mine turns off at 9pm, on at 7am. Unknown numbers blocked. Watched a woman driving in the fast lane, 80mph texting today. Must be a suicidal wish.
At least she wasn't putting on her mascara! I've never figured out *how* anyone can do that in a car - driving or not!

OK well since we on this rant. What pisses me off more lately is people talking on their phones with the speaker turned on. I really don't want to both side of your conversation, turn off the fucking speaker.

Reactions: fourpointzero
At least she wasn't putting on her mascara! I've never figured out *how* anyone can do that in a car - driving or not!
Sometimes I poke at you just to stir up stink. I really like my mobile phone for all the things I can do with it. GPS, Amazon shopping, Jeep part shopping, and my one and only social media wranglertjforum. 🤠

Sometimes I poke at you just to stir up stink. I really like my mobile phone for all the things I can do with it. GPS, Amazon shopping, Jeep part shopping, and my one and only social media wranglertjforum. 🤠
Yea - and I rise to the bait too easily! :D But I do all those things on my desktop - 'cept GPS, which I use a GPS for! ;)

I just had a funny thing happen last night. I was in the parking lot at market basket this guy around 50 is walking towards my car right in the middle of the lane. That is one of my pet peeves when someone doesn't pick a side but I guess they figure they are the only person in the world.

So I had to stop because of this asshole. He is looking down at his phone while still walking. I'm ready to hit my horn if he gets any closer. He looks up moves over, I park get out he is still got his head down. I yell are you 12? Watch what you're doing.

He buried his head back into his phone and got into his car.

I just had a funny thing happen last night. I was in the parking lot at market basket this guy around 50 is walking towards my car right in the middle of the lane. That is one of my pet peeves when someone doesn't pick a side but I guess they figure they are the only person in the world.

So I had to stop because of this asshole. He is looking down at his phone while still walking. I'm ready to hit my horn if he gets any closer. He looks up moves over, I park get out he is still got his head down. I yell are you 12? Watch what you're doing.

He buried his head back into his phone and got into his car.
Yea - I had something similar happen in a parking lot. Blew my horn, got flipped off. Completely oblivious!

I might be in the minority here (and that's OK), but as much as I am annoyed/pissed off about the idiots that insist on using their phones at stoplights (or while driving), I am equally offended by those who feel it is OK to drive with a pet on their lap.
That phone is definitley a distraction, but driving with a living creature on your lap that can climb on your arms or step on the steering wheel, etc. is by far worse in my opinion.