I'm finally moving

Arkansas, maybe Tennessee?
We have a winner (Arkansas)

200.gif

Congratulations, very nice setup you're moving to.

Not sure how it is in AR, but around here, they (realtors/locals) are sick and tired of the west coast folks moving this way. They are selling their overpriced west coast houses and outbidding by big $$$, local people because they can. Prices have been sky rocking because of it, realtors don't even want to show a house unless you have "at least" an extra $10k to throw at an offer. It's nuts up out here, we have had a lot of manufacturing move here as well, plus we have Ft. Campbell right, lots of moving parts around these parts.

Louisiana is my guess

EDIT: I see it's Arkansas. The people there are going to be really different. LOL. In a good way I imagine, but they can be some rednecks in them parts.

Reactions: Apparition

Not sure how it is in AR, but around here, they (realtors/locals) are sick and tired of the west coast folks moving this way. They are selling their overpriced west coast houses and outbidding by big $$$, local people because they can. Prices have been sky rocking because of it, realtors don't even want to show a house unless you have "at least" an extra $10k to throw at an offer. It's nuts up out here, we have had a lot of manufacturing move here as well, plus we have Ft. Campbell right, lots of moving parts around these parts.
I can understand, however no one know I'm not local except for the fact I don't say Y'all ... Yet!

Prices really went up here too, but that was owners trying to get that money. We held out and got this one for under asking price.

Reactions: Ephry73 and JMT

here in Vancouver, BC we have been dealing with foreign investors for the past 10 years, driving up our markets. They will buy from China, leave the house empty for years, then sell it later for more. The gov't still hasn't cracked down on a speculation Tax or foreign buyers tax, to maybe try and deter these investors. Families here are suffering as they can't get into the market

How do you know I'm not a redneck? hahaha
For one, you don't say "Y'all."

For two, that means you don't say A LOT of other things they say.

Therefore, you might need an interpreter the first 6 months.

🤣

I think you'll enjoy it though! It's beautiful. No fires in the Summer!

Louisiana or Alabama would be more red-necky though. I think Georgia and Kentucky are too. I'm from NE Texas, and them's the Piney Woods area. Wal-Mart can be interesting. You've seen the photos. They're for real.

It is true for NC as well.