I'm getting a beater PU truck this weekend

I echo the 5.4 sentiment. While I've never owned one, my brother had one for a while. That thing was plagued with nothing but problems. He eventually sold it and got a Toyota Tundra, which hasn't had an issue since.
The Tundra is the TJ of pickups. Bulletproof engine. I really would not buy any other truck, except perhaps a Tacoma

Reactions: Chris
The Tundra is the TJ of pickups. Bulletproof engine. I really would not buy any other truck, except perhaps a Tacoma

Same here. If I couldn't have my TJ, I would own a 2000-2004 Tacoma. Love those things. They are bulletproof too.

Funny, I had a brand new 2007 Tundra 4x4 and it was the worst new car I've ever owned and maybe the 3rd worst car I've ever had, coming behind my $100 Olds, 69 Dodge camper van and well....the Tundra.

I will never buy a Toyota or deal with those people again.

Reactions: Reece
Brought my sweet ass F150 7700 truck home yesterday.

The weld broke on the passenger side step and jammed into the road at 70 mph, but all is well.

No spark plugs shooting through hood.

152k miles and it runs great, shifts smooth, stays cool and the A/C works.

My daughter loved it! She'd like to have it....after I get the interior sanitized. It's pretty gross.

You sound like a happy camper, and that's all that matters. I look forward to the photos!

Well, I always get buyers remorse, the more I look at it, the less happy I am. :lol:

But, I think it's going to work out.
Sometimes those older, off the wall, beater rigs turn out to be great trucks. I hope that yours does. Once in awhile, not so much. Looking forward to seeing pictures of it. Especially the 7 lug wheels, never heard of such a thing.

Reactions: JMT
Sometimes those older, off the wall, beater rigs turn out to be great trucks. I hope that yours does. Once in awhile, not so much. Looking forward to seeing pictures of it. Especially the 7 lug wheels, never heard of such a thing.

Ask, and ye shall Receive

Ford-F250-1997-wheel-2.jpg

Reactions: StG58
Same here. If I couldn't have my TJ, I would own a 2000-2004 Tacoma. Love those things. They are bulletproof too.
I have a 2004 Tacoma and love it. What a work horse and all around daily driver. I use it for everything. Hauling firewood, towing then clean it up and go to the city. Found a camper shell on Craig'slist that matches and took it to Idaho on an Elk hunt. Have a winch on the front of it and a headache rack with bed rails when the shell is not on it.

Reactions: Chris