Is the Jeep wave almost extinct?

I've started noticing in my area the Jeeps that aren't washed and waxed tend to wave at me, even the JKs/JLs so I don't think it's dead with the "core" Jeep coward if that makes sense. In the same breath I have had stock YJs and TJs that don't give me a second look when I try to wave so yeah!

My commute to work nearly all Wranglers wave . I usually pass a 3-4 4 doors and 1 or 2 TJs.
The ride home- nobody waves.

I also have a Gen 1 MINI Cooper S.
Sometimes I find myself saying “ooh a Jeep“ and sigh cuz I’m not in the TJ.
BTW: The MINI wave is/was a thing and that def is on the endangered list.

I don’t wave on the military post. Every third vehicle is a Jeep JK.

I have been getting away with it though. Since I’ve been driving my wife’s stock Jk all these years. Lol.

perpetuating the myth JK don’t go off road.

In Colorado if you waved at every Jeep you would get tennis elbow in less then a week. Here it seems mostly the TJ and older jeeps that look like they have seen 4 low at least a few times, all wave to each other.

Modified TJs and older mostly wave.
Bone stock TJs wave sometimes.
2 door JKs and JLs mostly wave.
4 door JeepSUVs occasionally but not so much.
Gladiators occasionally wave, usually not, and thats no surprise ... confused owners driving a confused vehicle.

Definitely a generational issue. Unless you know someone in the culture, or were raised in it, it will be hard to keep it going unless we keep at it. Being an old Air-cooled VW nut myself, the "wave" is still present in the scene, but the issue is still the same, depending on generation.

Reactions: Blondie70
Here i get waves from tj and older mostly i may not qualify in my bone stock tj ;).
We did have a decked out tj with id guess wife driving husband riding both give the wave
over the windshield last weekend when the wife and i were driving around by the lake

Reactions: TJ Starting
I get near 100% waves from other TJs (excluding the angry birds) as long as I don’t wash it. If I were to wash the dirt off from that last DV trip it would probably drop to 50%.

Jeep wave is about 50/50 here. Back before the YJ came out and all there was were CJ's it was all the time.

Then when the TJ's came out the wave kinda picked back up some.