Is this Rubicon worth it?

And tying up liquid cash on a toy is dumb when you can borrow for a cheap rate and keep your cash working for you or invest in much higher yield returns.
As a rule, you would be mostly correct but if I can borrow at 3.9% and my investments are paying well at 7% percent on average ( I won’t count this last year of 26% as it was a fluke year), I’d say leveraging my money where it pays me more, is a smarter move.

it’s also a reason I’m going to be fully retired at 50 years old with not only zero debt, but a very nice income to live on.

Don’t always assume we are all 20 years old making minimum wage. 😊

Of course I get it, IF your GUARANTEED 7% ( no one can, everything is a gamble some at higher risk then others )
you would make 3% by keeping your money & only paying out 4% & then lose it on capital gains / interest / TAX & on $10,000 it's so minimal it's not even worth it. I don't consider as stated 3% a much higher return.
I'd rather have NO gamble & NO payment, I say WRITE THE CHECK !!

BTW:
The OP said he didn't have the $10,000 & if anything broke or needed money for repairs he most likely doesn't have any money for that either. Negating in his situation, your entire DON'T pay cash post :cool:

Oh, and I didn't ASSume any thing about anyone's age at all, you know what happens when you do that ✅

Of course I get it, IF your GUARANTEED 7% ( no one can, everything is a gamble some at higher risk then others )
you would make 3% by keeping your money & only paying out 4% & then lose it on capital gains / interest / TAX & on $10,000 it's so minimal it's not even worth it. I don't consider as stated 3% a much higher return.
I'd rather have NO gamble & NO payment, I say WRITE THE CHECK !!

BTW:
The OP said he didn't have the $10,000 & if anything broke or needed money for repairs he most likely doesn't have any money for that either. Negating in his situation, your entire DON'T pay cash post :cool:

Oh, and I didn't ASSume any thing about anyone's age at all, you know what happens when you do that ✅

It always is a gamble. It paid off for me, not everyone can say that.

24 month loan, my last two years have been over 25%....but I’d also say if $10k a gamble, you might be better off writing that check and as for the OP...I won’t judge him for the way he spends his money.

I simply replied to you, as you implied anyone taking loans out for toys was wrong and is not responsible with money, as well as quoting what basic banking practice is...the TJ is a specialty vehicle and some banks and credit unions recognize this, if you don’t live in a rust prone area that destroys older vehicles.

I’d also differ to diesel trucks that at 10-15 years old with 200k miles on...here on the west coast these typically cost 25-35k still.

just saying, financiers will see this and adjust according. Is it smart to always finance a toy? No of course not.

but that whole ass statement....goes both ways. 😉

Reactions: Chris
What have I started??? I was asking about a nice rubicon now I'm stuck in a financial class from high school🤣 thanks for all the advice guys. As bad as it kills me I'll just have to wait a while cause I did just get laid off friday. So looks like I'll keep toying around with the ole 🐿🐿🐿🐿 crazy squirrels until then.

Oh and thanks allot for some words on the jeep. I still took the time to go look it over again and talk with the gentleman. He said if it's still for sale when all this Covid-19 is over with that his offer still stands.

What have I started??? I was asking about a nice rubicon now I'm stuck in a financial class from high school🤣 thanks for all the advice guys. As bad as it kills me I'll just have to wait a while cause I did just get laid off friday. So looks like I'll keep toying around with the ole 🐿🐿🐿🐿 crazy squirrels until then.

Oh and thanks allot for some words on the jeep. I still took the time to go look it over again and talk with the gentleman. He said if it's still for sale when all this Covid-19 is over with that his offer still stands.

Gotta love this forum!!!

Anyway, it won’t be the last of you miss out. Sorry you got laid off man, that sucks. Hope you will do ok, stay safe!

Reactions: LilHammer97
!UPDATE!

So I got back to work and im picking up this rubicon later this month when I have the rest of the cash ready! For 11k already build I'm almost certain I've found the last jeep ill ever buy...

05 Rubicon
4.0 6 speed
hard top and soft top
Dana 44 g2 Axel's with 488 gears arb lockers front and rear
On board air compressor
tube fenders with body armor
12000 pound wench
double din radio with backup camera
five new 35 in Mickey Thompson tires with aluminum wheels

received_255430245620602.jpeg

received_255430245620602.jpeg

Congrats! Make sure you give it a Thorough going over. Rigs that are built up can be well taken care of (people like us) or go the entirely opposite direction. Thrashed on and neglected.

Wench?

The definition of a wench is an offensive term used to refer to a young girl or a woman or to refer to a prostitute. An example of a wench is a prostitute.