It just happened!

Diff side? What method did you use to get it out?
Passenger side. I have a puller, but it requires you to remove the center steel sleeve. I could not get that out, so I used a cold chisel on the inside of the bracket to break the bushing free. Went around the bushing with the chisel until I could get the air hammer between the bracket and bushing. Two bursts with the air hammer and it came free. It really wasn't hard, there just isn't much space to work with.

Last edited:
After talking to @sjalkian and seeing his build I know a mid arm and shock outboarding is in my future for this Jeep. However, that won't happen for a year or two. In the interim I need to finish up with installing the remaining two Savvy short arms. Hopefully my bushings will be here tomorrow and I can wrap this part up. After that I've got a crate of parts to start digging into!

20220716_132809.jpg

20220716_134206.jpg

So you’re keeping it?

The LJ will stay with me. I don't see that going, unless I'm gone! The TJ will be sold at some point, but I'm not actively looking to sell it now. I'm still planning to retire at the end of the year, which will make me reevaluate all my plans!

Reactions: zebra12 and Wildman
The LJ will stay with me. I don't see that going, unless I'm gone! The TJ will be sold at some point, but I'm not actively looking to sell it now. I'm still planning to retire at the end of the year, which will make me reevaluate all my plans!

Wouldn’t you want to save the work of the mid arm for the LJ?

Reactions: Irun
This thing continues to fight me every step of the way. I spent an hour today removing the bushing in the center housing. I've never had one as stubborn as this! 🤬

20220717_153601.jpg

I'm happy to report the serious case of death wobble is gone. That said, there is still a very small shimmy that occurs occasionally above 65 mph. I also have a very slight pull to the right now, so the toe will need setting again.

Additionally, I realized that there is another variable I introduced, but forgot about. When I installed the first round of control arms, since the tires were off, I did a 5 tire rotation. The spare tire was pulled and put on the front. I'm highly confident there is a balance issue.

At this point I may just take it in and have the shop I deal with take care of both for me. Yesterday was so hot and humid that I lost almost 6 pounds working in the garage for 5 hours. 🥵

Forgot to mention that sometimes it pays to stop at a yard sale. Saturday I saw one that had some tools and random auto parts, so I stopped in. Fortune smiled on me because I found a set of perfect condition Slate Gray 1/2 door panels for $40. They had no idea what they were for, but I did! :)

Put some miles on the LJ yesterday and can say the death wobble issue is behind me. Now, I can focus on charting a course for the build. The challenge here is parts. I got lucky enough to get a set of Savvy rockers/sliders and oil pan skid, but those are the only major armor pieces I've been able to get in six months.

Based on reading Blaine's thread, below, and subsequent comments, I won't be cutting up my Mopar Rock Crawler bumpers. Those will have to be removed in favor of a Savvy bumper pair. Of course that won't happen until they come back in stock, but I'm concerned that might not happen.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...crawler-front-bumper-and-the-answer-is.53130/

That said, I've got a long list of mechanical things to do. Although not the full list, my priority items are:

- transmission cooler and temperature gauge
- RMS
- oil pan gasket
- power steering cooler and new lines

To complete this work I still need to:

- make a decision on whether I'll go with a Setrab 53-10748-01 or my traditional B&M 70264 transmission cooler
- build a bracket for the Derale 13250 single pass cooler and source the necessary fittings
- purchase new stock replacement power steering lines

Once those are done, I'll figure out where to go next.

Last edited:
First, I lied. Second, I'm going to have to step away from this Jeep for a while, before I decide to sell it and buy a Honda or Toyota! 🤬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: TRE3TOP and CV04TJR