6E01DC4D-24D7-4321-AA95-B59C77DBDE0F.jpeg

Since I had it off i took quite a few measurements:

D984244D-783D-471E-92CD-C43AA11C1515.jpeg
0276F311-C33B-4204-A753-77AB77A2E35F.jpeg
144BDF27-8213-4E8F-9040-8ADF5EB5C09F.jpeg
E4E8F9A0-FED0-43A4-8311-EF72998EB7CA.jpeg
6190FE2D-7BAD-49EB-BD11-858E4D883BF2.jpeg
470CA2F2-4BDA-4A09-A356-3BE9D8C60D0F.jpeg

Katie at Savvy offroad did confirm they send the wrong shocks and was super apologetic about the entire situation. They are sending 4 new correct shocks today my way and asked for me to return the old shocks with the return label they are providing. I can really respect a company when they own up to a mistake and do their best to make it right. Looks like I have a fun time coming up pulling the springs again to rebumpstop. Also looks like the tire carrier will need to be put on hold.

My next question is, is it worth pursuing the trip to the ORV park this weekend or just not wheeling on 4” of bumpstop. Trying to make sure I make the “adult” decision here.

Reactions: ac_
You've went through all the work of bumpstopping it, I say wheel it. You're up travel will be limited and it might ride a bit rough, but I don't think you'd hurt anything, cept maybe your kidneys, lol!

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
You've went through all the work of bumpstopping it, I say wheel it. You're up travel will be limited and it might ride a bit rough, but I don't think you'd hurt anything, cept maybe your kidneys, lol!
Forreal. I’m staring at this tire carrier right now and trying to figure out what I want it to look like painted. Not exactly easy lol. I have no long term bumpers so this is my starting point for painting equipment on the outside of the TJ and want to keep it streamlined. I’ve always been fond of bedlined bumpers so I am considering that. Really just wanting a strong paint that I don’t have to worry about I guess lol. Got any reccomendations?

Forreal. I’m staring at this tire carrier right now and trying to figure out what I want it to look like painted. Not exactly easy lol. I have no long term bumpers so this is my starting point for painting equipment on the outside of the TJ and want to keep it streamlined. I’ve always been fond of bedlined bumpers so I am considering that. Really just wanting a strong paint that I don’t have to worry about I guess lol. Got any reccomendations?

I used this stuff on my home made bumper resto, and on my headlight rings. Stuff is tough and I like the uniform texture.
P1040977.JPG

P1040979.JPG

I used this stuff on the inside of Frankentrailer and didn't like the texture as much as the Rustoleum.

20141002_113741.jpg

Well damn, cool they are taking care of it but what a pita.
Yeah a major PITA, considering I just re-checked my bumpstops and pulled the springs. Just focusing on the positive as my ride quality will probably increase (although its certainly not bad currently). And new shocks are always a welcomed upgrade, even at the 8 month mark hahaha.

Yeah a major PITA, considering I just re-checked my bumpstops and pulled the springs. Just focusing on the positive as my ride quality will probably increase (although its certainly not bad currently). And new shocks are always a welcomed upgrade, even at the 8 month mark hahaha.
I was shocked how much the ride degraded when I added spacers and the shocks became too short, like 80/20 up biased; and amazed how much it improved when I swapped to longer appropriate length shocks which are right about 50/50.

Mini update, took the time to go through each of the items in the ORFAB tire carrier kit. I am very fortunate to say I don't believe I am missing anything other than about 4 common #12 bolts listed below. I am stoked to install this tire carrier, but really putting off the mod until I can sell the roof rack. I have a couple things I want to do at the same time post roof rack sale so I don't have to un-do and re-do certain things. Its very sad seeing this beauty sit in the corner of my room.

IMG_1290.JPG
IMG_1292.JPG

I have considered quite a few paint options and nixing the idea of powder-coating & bed-lining the bumpers. I want to keep it really clean & easy to touch-up/maintain so I will probably be going with a semi gloss (I loved the semi-gloss color on my ARB). I have finally worked out a deal on a used rear bumper with a fellow quite a way away so that is in the works. Before I fully pull the trigger on the rear bumper I am hitting up my fabrication guy and seeing if he can do something pretty special on the bumper to make it my own. School starts again for me tomorrow so things will kinda wind down Jeep wise (not really). Trip is still planned for Friday, although weather is looking poor and if the shocks come in before the trip I may sit it out and redo bump-stops this weekend. Lucky for me my AntiRock was completely at its max for adjustment at 3.5" of bump stops so I will need shorter links. I considered just trimming the links, but if I ever go to 4" coils I'll have to buy another set. Figured I'd just make it easy on myself when I pull the springs & just buy the shorter links:

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 5.53.13 PM.png

As always more to come.

Reactions: bobthetj03