James & The Sahara Build Thread

What ever happened with the shock fiasco? Did you get the new ones in?
To be completely honest I really don't know whats going on. Michael and Gerald are currently reviewing what happened to ensure the right shocks get sent out to me. I know the shocks I have now are wrong, but they are using the part number to find out why they are wrong. I called Katie today and asked. I should know something in a day or so. I'm not really in the biggest rush just because its snowing and I can drive the TJ. Although I can't say the same if its not on the path of being straightened out at the end of the month lol.
I'm having parts envy right now. MUST RESIST!!!
You can really tell I was resisting.. to the best of my ability ahahahaha. Join the dark side!

Been meaning to ask you how you like the Antirock, now that you've been on the trail with it?
I started in the 4th position and switched to the 5th position, body roll is about the same since I lifted it. I believe it would be significantly more pronounced if I had no lift or stock height. I've been off camber with it, but having not been seriously off camber I can't commit on the stability - yet. At ~$300.00 for the regular one I believe its worth it, if you want the bling factor you could get the same I have. I would pay anything to not have to climb under a muddy Jeep and put the pins back in (I don't mind mud, I just end up getting it on my seats and my seats mind mud). It was easy to think of it as buying JKS Disco's twice. Ask me again when I wheel near some rocks and I can give you a better idea.

Seriously reconsidering the lunchbox front locker thing right about now ;). I’ve never driven 4wd in snow, that certainly won’t be my last time.

D0BCC69F-DB54-4652-9F09-82C2B02BFECE.jpeg

In light of my shock shenanigans I managed to get the photos from my buddy from our past couple rides, so here is a smorgasbord of photos over the past couple months:

View attachment 29258 View attachment 29268 View attachment 29260 View attachment 29262
View attachment 29263 View attachment 29266

Getting stuck ;)

View attachment 29259
View attachment 29264
View attachment 29261

Dragged my HP diff:

View attachment 29265

Solo photos:

View attachment 29267View attachment 29257
The high pinion 30 looks so damn good under there. And love the pics of your Jeep in the rocks.

Smorgasbord's of photos are awesome. Looks like a great time! Feel free to give us smorgasbord's of photos anytime!
Thank you! Really trying to ride every other weekend.

The high pinion 30 looks so damn good under there. And love the pics of your Jeep in the rocks.
I appreciate it! Wish we had more rocks around here, although the more people I meet the more riding trails I find. I agree about the HP, very glad I went that route. Tbh there is no reason why Jeep didn’t put it on the TJ in the first place.

Thank you! Really trying to ride every other weekend.

I appreciate it! Wish we had more rocks around here, although the more people I meet the more riding trails I find. I agree about the HP, very glad I went that route. Tbh there is no reason why Jeep didn’t put it on the TJ in the first place.
Makes you wonder why they did it. I have so many questions Id love Jeep to answer.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Yes!!

73469FCC-9424-4CE4-B6D7-56E145778F32.jpeg

Also, I am currently pursuing one more large Jeep mod so if all works out I will score one more cool thing (That’s seriously it for Jeep mods that are expensive for quite some time though). Time will tell, its a long way away (Disrance). For now, stoked for this armor!

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Yes!!

View attachment 29776

Also, I am currently pursuing one more large Jeep mod so if all works out I will score one more cool thing (That’s seriously it for Jeep mods that are expensive for quite some time though). Time will tell, its a long way away (Disrance). For now, stoked for this armor!
What a tease. Very excited for you.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara