James & The Sahara Build Thread

If you want some good amusement block off a week and read through @Chris latest build thread. Glad to see you’re mostly well. Another TJ ever in the far future?
For sure I’ll get another TJ in the future. Probably a Rubicon TJ on 33’s. That’ll happen when I have a shop.

Doing my best to keep on keeping on!

They are 4.5x5, American racing makes them in many different sizes :).

I really appreciate it man, ear plug trick makes keeping those threads cover very easy. Just don’t let it dry on them!!

I’ll let you know man, Bham has some cool spots!

Sorry for delay!

College is going well, after this semester I have about 30 hours left in my Biology degree.

All is well, I was in 2 separate motorcycle accidents (both on my triumph 675r, sitting out the rest of the season). Unlucky for me I had pretty bad rash on my leg from one of them, but not major injuries!

Chris you are not wrong to assume this. In 3 months I had put 7k miles on my TJ (meaning I had put on 30k in under 2 years on her) and she was not liking driving to Orlando and Gatlinburg all the time. I got an offer I couldn’t refuse so I did end up selling it. My daily is an 08 Silverado 4x4 with a reman gm engine and rode a 675r for a while. Sadly after some rough road conditions the 675r is no more. I do miss the TJ, but I quickly found out it wasn’t working for the overland style vehicle I wanted. In the spring I plan on picking up a 2 door xj and building that up (I want to be able to sleep in the back of my vehicle). If I could have afforded insurance on two vehicles, I would have kept the TJ, but without a garage I have to keep full coverage on it. Sorry for the terrible delay in checking here, I’ve been super busy.

I will say, some equipment I had on the TJ was excellent, and some of it I definitely should have skipped on. As you guys know, some of it didn’t meet my expectations but was a permanent install. The Jeep was purchased by an older fellow in LaGrange Ga, so you may see it around there.

Edit: It would be rude to not include some photos of the past months:
View attachment 65136View attachment 65137

Below are photos of misc. labs and research I’ve been helping out with:

View attachment 65138View attachment 65139View attachment 65140
TMI on the leg pic! Nice to see you around bro! Missed you and your antics. Glad you sold the TJ for the time being. Sounds like the right move for you. It was fun following your build thread. You were hardcore in the apartment and parking lot! Take care!

Professional/grad school may be in my future, but for now I’m going to try to line up some work post-grad in my field. Just trying to get through now lol.
I have a biology degree and minor in chemistry, so I know what you're going through. Biology almost requires grad school to go anywhere if you don't go into a medical field.

TMI on the leg pic! Nice to see you around bro! Missed you and your antics. Glad you sold the TJ for the time being. Sounds like the right move for you. It was fun following your build thread. You were hardcore in the apartment and parking lot! Take care!
Still hardcore on the other rides with my 100ft of air line ahahaha.
I have a biology degree and minor in chemistry, so I know what you're going through. Biology almost requires grad school to go anywhere if you don't go into a medical field.
Understandable, I’m hopeful but unsure of whats next for me. Hopefully I will formulate a solid plan during the spring. Estimated graduation date is fall ‘19 so one more football season.

Good to see you’re doing well. Had all kind of theories as to why I hadnt seen any post from ya. I had a thought that you might have sold it. I know you prob miss it. Here’s to hoping you get another one in the future.
:beer-toast1:

I could have done without the first pic and the last two. "It had to be snakes!"

Anyway sorry to hear about your loss. I bet Chris would let you do an XJ build thread especially since most of the parts are the same. I would like to keep track on your XJ build. It was fun following your TJ build.

As a motorcycle rider also (sport bike) I am glad you are OK. Although that rash is nasty! If nothing else come back and check on us!

BTW if you just update this thread with your xj then @Chris can't do anything, because there is an awesome tj build in front of it with great information haha. Hope to see you soon!

Reactions: Chris
Man, I spent every break for a week at work reading this thread, only to have it end with being sold. It's like a movie with a sad ending (even thought it was probably inevitable).

Now I have to go find another inspiring build thread.....

Man, I spent every break for a week at work reading this thread, only to have it end with being sold. It's like a movie with a sad ending (even thought it was probably inevitable).

Now I have to go find another inspiring build thread.....
Read what @jjvw did. I really enjoyed that one. Or try to keep up with @Chris and his build. The title of the build thread has changed as many times as the mods have, but at least the cast of characters remains the same.

The storyline is about a TJR that is constantly going under reconstructive surgery. The characters are: The TJR, The Mad Man (credited as "The Owner"), his ever-patient wife, and a wallet that remains open more days than your local Denny's. It's a great story, if you can keep up! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Read what @jjvw did. I really enjoyed that one. Or try to keep up with @Chris and his build. The title of the build thread has changed as many times as the mods have, but at least the cast of characters remains the same.

The storyline is about a TJ that is constantly going under reconstructive surgery. The characters are: The TJR, The Mad Man (credited as "The Owner"), his ever-patient wife, and a wallet that remains open more days than your local Denny's. It's a great story, if you can keep up! [emoji106]
Mine ends with a free Keurig that I found in a dumpster!

The storyline is about a TJ that is constantly going under reconstructive surgery. The characters are: The TJR, The Mad Man (credited as "The Owner"), his ever-patient wife, and a wallet that remains open more days than your local Denny's. It's a great story, if you can keep up! :thumbup:

Thanks for the recommendations Squatch, I'll check them out. Only thing I know for sure: The more time I spend here, and the more I read, the poorer I get.....