Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options

Hey Gang, anyone have experience with the Vision X Vortex’s in a TJ? If I wire the halos into my marker lights (green/yellow wire I believe is the non blink wire), should that be ok? I really don’t want to run another switch and would like them to come in with the marker lights anyway. If I do that, I have two questions:

1. When the turn signal is on/blinking, would the halo shut off on that particular side? That probably wouldn’t be a bad thing. That’s what my Jeep GC does.

2. When the headlight is on, regardless of high or low beam, will the halo be on? I think it will unless there is some kind of internal switch in headlight to kill power to the halo wire.

Thanks in advance!

No experience with these ones, but if you wire your halo into the marker lights, it will be fine as long as you wire it into the wire that is the constant power. There are three wires I believe, one is ground, one is power, and the other is for the turn signal flashing feature I believe (could be wrong).

I'd just use a test light and wire it into the wire that only has power when you turn the parking lights on. That will make sure that the halo is only on when the parking lights (or headlights) are on, but it won't flash with the turn signals, and it will go off when you turn the headlights / parking lights off.

Really, really easy to do.

Reactions: JR Arnott
No experience with these ones, but if you wire your halo into the marker lights, it will be fine as long as you wire it into the wire that is the constant power. There are three wires I believe, one is ground, one is power, and the other is for the turn signal flashing feature I believe (could be wrong).

I'd just use a test light and wire it into the wire that only has power when you turn the parking lights on. That will make sure that the halo is only on when the parking lights (or headlights) are on, but it won't flash with the turn signals, and it will go off when you turn the headlights / parking lights off.

Really, really easy to do.
This is exactly what I did with the day running lights on my trucklite 7s.

Reactions: JR Arnott and Chris
Are your halos on then when the lights themselves are on (low beam or high beam)? If so, do you get “brighted/flashed” when running your low beams because the added extra light the halos put out?
My DLR's are on no matter what state I choose to put my head lights in, as Chris said in his post it's a different circuit.
Day Running Lights are meant to be seen not provide light for you to see stuff at jihhr, they should not be bright enough to dazzle on-coming drivers I don't get flashed but My DLR lights are not "halos".

Reactions: JR Arnott
My DLR's are on no matter what state I choose to put my head lights in, as Chris said in his post it's a different circuit.
Day Running Lights are meant to be seen not provide light for you to see stuff at jihhr, they should not be bright enough to dazzle on-coming drivers I don't get flashed but My DLR lights are not "halos".
Thank you!

2DA131B9-DC09-4EAF-9569-B0F059D40044.jpeg
A0B7EE66-A156-4DC4-9806-DF706B5F5611.jpeg
Got me some Auxbeams.
INFRICKINGCREDIBLE!
LOVE ‘EM

Reactions: Chris
I’m close to pulling the trigger on a pair of LED headlights. I just can’t make up my mind which ones.

I want the KC or the Trucklites.

Hello all,
Quick question. Upgrading the G.F.'s headlights to led for Christmas. 99 Wrangler TJ sport. I am going with the JW Speaker 8700 Evolution J Series LED Headlights. Best I can tell these are not plug and play with TJ. So if I get the H4 9003 To H13 9008 Pigtail Wire Wiring Harness Adapters For H4/H13 They should them be plug and play and I should be all set???? Just wanted to double check before ordering. THX

Hello all,
Quick question. Upgrading the G.F.'s headlights to led for Christmas. 99 Wrangler TJ sport. I am going with the JW Speaker 8700 Evolution J Series LED Headlights. Best I can tell these are not plug and play with TJ. So if I get the H4 9003 To H13 9008 Pigtail Wire Wiring Harness Adapters For H4/H13 They should them be plug and play and I should be all set???? Just wanted to double check before ordering. THX

The Evolution J was designed for the JK. They'll plug and play in TJ's as long as you have a H4 9003 to H13 9008 adapter such as this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DRGW14M/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Guys/Gals,

My son has a 2005 Rubicon with the factory 7" sealed head lights. He is wanted Santa to bring him some LED Has for Christmas. My goal is to have plug and play and to not spend more than $300.00 if possible? A link to any options that meet my criteria would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Jamie

Guys/Gals,

My son has a 2005 Rubicon with the factory 7" sealed head lights. He is wanted Santa to bring him some LED Has for Christmas. My goal is to have plug and play and to not spend more than $300.00 if possible? A link to any options that meet my criteria would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Jamie

These ones right here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019I0UBLU/?tag=wranglerorg-20

There's a thread on them here: Replaced Headlights w/Truck-Lite Knockoffs

These things are pretty widely used on the forum, and @Jerry Bransford runs them himself. From what I understand, they have fantastic light output, look pretty much identical to the $320 Truck Lites, and cost a fraction of the price. I know a lot of people who run these, and everyone so far loves them. There can be no argument that they are a HUGE improvement over stock.

These ones right here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019I0UBLU/?tag=wranglerorg-20

There's a thread on them here: Replaced Headlights w/Truck-Lite Knockoffs

These things are pretty widely used on the forum, and @Jerry Bransford runs them himself. From what I understand, they have fantastic light output, look pretty much identical to the $320 Truck Lites, and cost a fraction of the price. I know a lot of people who run these, and everyone so far loves them. There can be no argument that they are a HUGE improvement over stock.

Chris, Thanks for the quick response and the link. The trigger has been pulled and the elves will be delivering two new headlights on Thursday. The price was a nice surprise and will go along way to help us stay within our intended Christmas budget.

Jamie

Chris, Thanks for the quick response and the link. The trigger has been pulled and the elves will be delivering two new headlights on Thursday. The price was a nice surprise and will go along way to help us stay within our intended Christmas budget.

Jamie

You won't regret it. Huge difference in light output over stock. Hell, a good flashlight would have better light output than the stock headlights. For the price, those headlights can't really be beat.