JK rims on TJ?

Far better than what? That's a huge undertaking.
I'm kidding but far better that super large wheel spacers. And trust me I know exactly how much of an undertaking it is as I did it. ;)

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
JK rims, 1 1/4 adapters, six inch lift. Six inch flares.

Love the JK moab style wheels on my Tj. G2 1.25" Adapters, 2" BDS lift. THese are also the stock tires that where on the JK too. 32", and they look just about right with that wheel and 2" lift IMO.

39969537_1939227369432975_272167297248919552_o.jpg

Last edited:
Just adding to the thread since I found this while researching the subject.
Here's mine at stock height with JK Rubicon wheels and 255/70R17 BFG MT 1.25" hub centric spacers. OK for Mall Crawling no rubbing on the street but will need lift for any off-road or disco

04 TJ w JK wheels.jpg

I'm new to this forum as well. I have a 2004 and I'm thinking of changing out tires and rims to JK rims. Does the adapter cause and problems with handling/steering??
none whatsoever I run 80+ from payson to Gilbert all the time

Attachments

• 2EF1C683-E130-4615-B355-B5057B90A216.heic
    3.3 MB · Views: 97
@blu2002 great first post, we love pictures here! Here’s mine on JK wheels 32” MTs with a 2” lift and KBD flares.

View attachment 327136

I just picked up a 97 TJ and bought your same wheels with hubcentric spacers.

I’m curious if you taken your TJ off-road at all and if you ran into any concerns? I wouldn’t take on anything extreme, but maybe some fire roads with minor ruts and berms.

Appreciate the feedback!

Just buy the adaptor /spacers
First set of 5.5 pattern wheels on mine

k3OW5AL.jpg

2nd set of 5.5 patten wheels off a 2023
0MKT1SB.jpg

2nd set of 5.5 patten wheels off a 2023

Is this the Jeep for your kid?

Yes, Im trying to rebuild everything
Its come a long way since June

Finished the new lift/suspension, new ZJ steering, new Power Stop front and rear (huuuuge improvement) New badass stereo, fresh interior, half doors, new flares, new Quadratec steps, new top, lLED front to rear, and Im still only @ ~$6,000

However now I am chasing aome steering slop with an attempted steering gear rebuild, or replacement. The new all season 2023 tires made a hige difference but I want perfect steering

Last edited:
Yes, Im trying to rebuild everything
Its come a long way since June

Finished the new lift/suspension, new ZJ steering, new Power Stop front and rear (huuuuge improvement) New badass stereo, fresh interior, half doors, new flares, new Quadratec steps, new top, lLED front to rear, and Im still only @ ~$6,000

However now I am chasing aome steering slop with an attempted steering gear rebuild, or replacement. The new all season 2023 tires made a hige difference but I want perfect steering

I was wondering why you would make it less safe with tinted lights.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Jamison C