JKS JSPEC suspension kit

Did you see my post above? Nothing official, but one user estimated the initial weight of the front at 147 and the rear at 210lbs. Those figures seam reasonable, but I would take that number with a grain of salt. That was for the LJ specific rear.
Realizing it’s mostly academic at this point, seeing they are no longer in business, but by initial rate are you referring to the upper coil before the transition to the second rate?

Can you double check the numbers you got from JKS on that front coil. In the past I got an email from JKS that said it was 150/220 not 200.
I cut and pasted that from a JKS email. But the email was typed by human hands, so who can be sure?

Realizing it’s mostly academic at this point, seeing they are no longer in business, but by initial rate are you referring to the upper coil before the transition to the second rate?

Yes, I believe that is what he was saying. So the front is going to be nearly identical to the JKS. The JKS rear is softer than AEV.

I cut and pasted that from a JKS email. But the email was typed by human hands, so who can be sure?
Yeah, thats how I got my numbers too. I got mine directly from Justin (he responded earlier in this thread) in a PM last year. He said 150/220. I have seen the 150/220 in other places too, so I tend to think that is the correct number. But like you said, its typed by human hands. At least we know the initial rate and we know the 2nd rate is more firm to carry the load better.

Unless Nth Degree becomes available again, or Savvy provides an LJ specific rear, I will be going with the JKS coils this spring when I do my re-build.

Reactions: bobthetj03 and JMT
Don't thank me too soon. It might be a few months before I get to it. But it is in the plan for this winter.

I plan to install some Synergy arms with the DDB bushings as well. But I'll try to do separate installs so each item gets a fair review.

Don't thank me too soon. It might be a few months before I get to it. But it is in the plan for this winter.

I plan to install some Synergy arms with the DDB bushings as well. But I'll try to do separate installs so each item gets a fair review.

Too bad Synergy doesn't offer a 3" spring. Strange that they offer 2" and 4".

Too bad Synergy doesn't offer a 3" spring. Strange that they offer 2" and 4".

Yeah, it baffles me too. The most common spring size for a TJ and they don't offer it. The other thing that bothers me is that they use the same front springs for the TJ and the JK. They just account for different lift heights. Maybe its not a big deal, people use the OME ZJ springs all the time in the front of their TJs, but it just seems like they didn't really design the spring for the Jeep. The rears seem to be designed specific for the TJ though, but the missing 3" is a mystery.

There is a guy on Rubicon owners forum who installed the Synergy 2". He said he got the same lift as he did with the OME LJ spring. So at least it seems to be a tall 2" spring. I considered the Synergy springs, but like others, they only use the soft coil as a spacer to keep the spring from coming unseated during down travel. I like the way JKS engineered theirs better.

They Synergy rates are 130/155 front and 130/195 rear. So they might be nice if you have a very light TJ. But I'd rather ride in the soft section and use the heavy coil for load liek JKS. Not ride in the heavy section and just waste the soft section for droop.

Without knowing how the Savvy Springs are designed, JKS and Nth Degree/AEV are the only springs that do what I want.

The way I understand it, the Currie/Savvy springs are a true progressive. The more it is compressed, the higher the spring rate is.

I think that is actually how the Nth Degree were as well. But I know the Savvy do not carry near the weight.

Do you think the Savvy springs have too light of a rate at get go, and by the time you're compressed into the higher rate you're dragging ass?

Do you think the Savvy springs have too light of a rate at get go, and by the time you're compressed into the higher rate you're dragging ass?

Well, maybe not that bad. But most of the reviews I have read say they only net about 2". But I have also seen some more recent reviews that say they are now netting more. But there is no word from Savvy if they changed spring rates, made them taller, changed manufacturers. Nothing. I've also read that people were able to get Savvy to get a taller spring for them if theirs was too short. But savvy doesn't advertise that they have multiple rates or heights to choose from. (So I can only assume they have poor quality control and if you call them directly maybe they can pick out a tall set for you. I don't know.) It seems that those who are actually able to talk with Savvy get good service, but I have never been able to get in touch with anyone the few times I have called or emailed. So all I know is what I have read on the forums. Most of the reviews say about 2" and then you are all the way through the soft section and sitting on a pretty firm rate. Other than fan boys and those who change out springs and shocks at the same time, I really haven't seen great reviews on the Savvy. I'm sure they are quality springs if Currie had anything to do with them, but there is just too much unknown for me.

Reactions: bobthetj03 and JMT
Well, maybe not that bad. But most of the reviews I have read say they only net about 2". But I have also seen some more recent reviews that say they are now netting more. But there is no word from Savvy if they changed spring rates, made them taller, changed manufacturers. Nothing. I've also read that people were able to get Savvy to get a taller spring for them if theirs was too short. But savvy doesn't advertise that they have multiple rates or heights to choose from. (So I can only assume they have poor quality control and if you call them directly maybe they can pick out a tall set for you. I don't know.) It seems that those who are actually able to talk with Savvy get good service, but I have never been able to get in touch with anyone the few times I have called or emailed. So all I know is what I have read on the forums. Most of the reviews say about 2" and then you are all the way through the soft section and sitting on a pretty firm rate. Other than fan boys and those who change out springs and shocks at the same time, I really haven't seen great reviews on the Savvy. I'm sure they are quality springs if Currie had anything to do with them, but there is just too much unknown for me.
I agree 100%. There are too many unknowns with the Savvy and I know just enough about springs and how to accomplish a ride height that I’m unwilling to risk buying them. I wish they would publish it though. Then I would know if they were an option. I like Savvy’s other products, but I have to know what it will be like before I lay out the bills. And also, whenever I have inquired by e-mail about a product I had already purchased, I received a very quick response from Gerald. But whenever I just want information, weeks and years can pass with no reply. Phone isn’t much better because Katy answers those and the guys are all in the shop detained.

A really good review on the JKS springs from a new guy (IDFYF8, he has 4 post) at ROF.
https://www.rubiconownersforum.com/...-springs-review-compared-ome.html#post1354906

Hello all.

I have a 2004 Rubicon TJ. Three months ago I installed an OME 2.5 HD lift on it with Bilstein 5100 series shocks and Metalcloak control arms. Also installed were JKS adjustable track bars and sway bar discos. Tires are brand new BFG ATs 265/75r16s on factory Moab’s set at 30 psi.

I was disappointed in the ride quality. It was harsh and bouncy; basically a nervous ride that yielded a LOT of side to side movement over bumps. I knew it was bad when my 5’ wife preferred to drive our ‘97 with a long arm kit and 35’s.

I discovered the OME springs were linear rate and that other people had similar complaints although it was difficult to find any negative reviews on OME! I researched the poop out 2-3” lifts because I don’t want the Rubicon too tall as it’s my wife’s ride.

A friend recommended JKS 2” dual rate springs. As expected, I searched and searched for reviews but came up short every time. Wanting to make my wife happy, I took a chance and ordered them from DPG Off-road because they were cheaper than JKSdirect and saved me $50 in shipping.

WE LOVE THESE SPRINGS!! My Rubicon rides as smooth as my 97 on 4” Currie springs and a long arm kit. My wife says it’s now smoother than her Toyota RAV4 (don’t hate). Seriously, it’s like we have a new Jeep. I can not say enough great things about these springs!! We have been 3,500 miles on them now and they we are still in love with them.

I know OME makes a great product, but my old bones prefer the comfort and handling of the JKS setup. My only regret is that I didn’t just order their complete kit to begin with. I would have saved a LOT of money!

YMMV

Miley

I like my 3" JSPEC set up. I think the ride is great.
But:
I can only compare it to the 200K stock springs
And my daily is a 3/4 ton pickup

It would be useful to know if anything else was changed along with the springs.

It would be good to have that confirmed. But as I read the thread, it really sounded like he just installed an all new suspension system, but didn't like the OME coils so he just changed them out. So I think the springs is the only thing that changed.

Makes me wonder if the springs were so soft that the Bilstein's took up the slack? I'm pro JKS, so I'd like to see these springs as an option.

Since OME is already on the lighter side of what is available to us and having been through a similar series of tests, I am immediately suspicious of some confirmation bias if the shocks didn't change.

Reactions: bobthetj03