JKU owners are obnoxious

TJ1.jpg
TJ2.jpg

Well, I have owned my TJ now for just over six years... wanted a Wrangler for a long time before that...

Overall - I think Wranglers are a bad-ass vehicle... any year... to each his own.... but appreciate Jeeps overall...

And they all seem to turn my head... check them all out like bikinis at the beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think all the crap about JKU's is true hatred of them, just a friendly ribbing, at least I hope :)

I do like the idea of a shorter wheelbase, and some of the JKU owners obviously have poor taste!

Reactions: TJ2
I certainly waive at all generations of Jeep. Because like others have said, given unlimited money and space to park, I would have one of each. For me, I just cannot get with the idea of getting a 4 door version. I thought that I wanted one at one time, as a family hauler, but somebody that works in my building has a JLU, and with the top off, it just looks "wrong" to my eyes. That said it is a very useful vehicle, and I feel no ill will to the owner because he or she likes it.

While I personally cannot stand the "transformers" look on a Jeep or any vehicle, if they like it, then that is fine, and I can appreciate the work that goes into it. If they want to put 37's on 22" dubs and 50 lights on their JK or JL or even a TJ and cruise the street, more power to them. Not my cup of tea either, but can appreciate that they are prideful in their vehicle. Would even give them a thumbs up at a traffic light. Just to make their day a little better.

I personally seriously dislike the attitude that unless it crawls rocks or plays in the mud, then it is not worthy. Just like I dislike the attitude that just because it is some other generation of Jeep but the one you own, it is somehow lesser or inferior...

My next vehicle will be one of 3 things - 2 door JK or JKR, 2 door JL or JLR or a new/newer Grand Cherokee. But my TJ stays mine regardless. In the other current thread, talking about Suzuki Samarai...now I would love to have one of those too (just dreaming)...not because I think it is as good as my Jeep, but because I like it for what it is and remember riding in my friend's brand new one in the 80's loving the top down/simplicity/utility...

But my TJ stays mine regardless. In the other current thread, talking about Suzuki Samarai...now I would love to have one of those too (just dreaming)...not because I think it is as good as my Jeep, but because I like it for what it is and remember riding in my friend's brand new one in the 80's loving the top down/simplicity/utility...

36be568f8b87dd919d8937222d19b387.jpg

There is poor taste in everything, any good thing can be fucked up by one bad apple..who cares what Starwood is doing, they are making alot more $ than most of us, and their rigs outprice and out wheel alot of our rigs, why worry about things that do not apply to you? Why bash someone for what they want? I have lightbars because I wheel at night mostly,and I catfish at night when it's not so hot..am I a mall crawler? No. Do I get called one by old hillbillys? Yeah. Doesn't mean they are correct..just means they are close minded and think" well I wouldn't use that" so therefore in their mind no one would..I find it funny,with their 2 inch skyjacker lift and rough country decals, yeah your a "jeeper that goes cheeper". Dont hate something cause you cant afford it ;)

I certainly waive at all generations of Jeep. Because like others have said, given unlimited money and space to park, I would have one of each. For me, I just cannot get with the idea of getting a 4 door version. I thought that I wanted one at one time, as a family hauler, but somebody that works in my building has a JLU, and with the top off, it just looks "wrong" to my eyes. That said it is a very useful vehicle, and I feel no ill will to the owner because he or she likes it.

While I personally cannot stand the "transformers" look on a Jeep or any vehicle, if they like it, then that is fine, and I can appreciate the work that goes into it. If they want to put 37's on 22" dubs and 50 lights on their JK or JL or even a TJ and cruise the street, more power to them. Not my cup of tea either, but can appreciate that they are prideful in their vehicle. Would even give them a thumbs up at a traffic light. Just to make their day a little better.

I personally seriously dislike the attitude that unless it crawls rocks or plays in the mud, then it is not worthy. Just like I dislike the attitude that just because it is some other generation of Jeep but the one you own, it is somehow lesser or inferior...

My next vehicle will be one of 3 things - 2 door JK or JKR, 2 door JL or JLR or a new/newer Grand Cherokee. But my TJ stays mine regardless. In the other current thread, talking about Suzuki Samarai...now I would love to have one of those too (just dreaming)...not because I think it is as good as my Jeep, but because I like it for what it is and remember riding in my friend's brand new one in the 80's loving the top down/simplicity/utility...

Spot on man, good words right there.. I really have a love hate for the 4 door, I have 2 kids so I'm sure it will come. Not as a toy, but as a family commuter that could still get rawdy if needed.

ebay655757.jpg
ows_152657456566732.jpg

I kid I went to school with got a brand new Suzuki lj20 like this and rolled it down the landing of this ski jump. It had a 2 stroke twin for an engine.
He and a friend rode it out, and lived with a few bumps and scratches.

I think the correct term is douchebaggery :)

and I agree :)
I believe "douchebaggedness" is a state of being or a condition, whilst "douchebaggery" is the commission of the act. You see, one is an adjective and the other an adverb.

From a dual JK owner forever in search of the Unicorn that is a pristine LJR...

I now understand that to many, the JKU is just an SUV. My son owns one, and he also owns a CJ which he bought with his own money at age 16. He loves both and lately has put time, money, and wrenching into the JKU. He is married and has a few kids. Now they can All take the Jeep out!
I wave to them all. Lots of JKUs don't wave back. Sadly, if I wave to a JKU I now look away a bit, just don't want my happy Jeep attitude changed. The worst thing where I live is a red TJ whose owner Never waves, and a sweet beautifully restored Scrambler who also never waves. I always recognize them after they pass.....RRRRrrrrr.

JKs owners must be relieved though, now that the JLs are out, the JKs can be "Real Jeeps" too! But those new ones....

Reactions: Kiwi TJ