Kudos to Quadratec customer service

scottgraham

Just another bad habit
Supporting Member
I'll preface by saying I know some of you have had issues...

I ordered a set of wheels from Quadratec, they showed up today. Clearly one box had been re-taped. When I opened it, the wheel had scuffs from a tire and a tire machine, It also still had a valve in it.
I contacted QT and was told they don't accept returns on previously mounted wheels and asked what made me think that it had been. I told the CS rep (Bailey) the same and she told me they would issue a return shipping label, but I got the last ones of this batch and it would be 4-6 weeks before the next shipment came in...
The wheel is still very use-able so she instead offered to discount that wheel by 30%...applied to my CC.

Just thought I'd share this good experience w/ Quadratec CS. (y)

Your a better person then I am.. I would expected the wheel for free and then have them ship me a new one when it came in.
Glad your happy though👍

Reactions: Flivver250
I would expected the wheel for free and then have them ship me a new one when it came in.
Glad your happy though👍
I didn't feel this issue warranted that kind of action.

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

What I like about QT is, they will ship to a military US postal address, many suppliers will not. They don't do it for free. In fact they charge dearly for that service (even when the item says free shipping), but at least I can get them to ship stuff.

I often have to sacrifice when trying to get a preferred brand component because of shipping to APO/FPO issues. Venders hate military post offices.

Amazon is hit or miss in this area.

What I don't like, is they are not always good at knowing what is in inventory and what isn't. You can get 50% of the items you need for job, then wait 4-6 weeks for that blasted remaining part critical to the entire endeavor.

You had a good outcome and I understand the principle of the matter. QT sells tires & rims combos pre-mounted. Perhaps they were going to mount a tire on that rim and ended up not doing it?

I have always had good luck with QT also.

I'm a vet, so I had free shipping, for anything (being shipped CONUS). They quietly dropped that. The shipping charge was a little surprising when the part came but that's my only complaint.

None of this changes my opinion of Quadrasucks!

Understand.
It is one of those things, you only hear about the bad shit...A good experience is expected, but rarely happens, so when somebody goes above and beyond it should also be noted...of course they shouldn't have sent me a "used" wheel at retail to begin w/.

I once ordered a set of rubber stubby bumper end caps from Quadratec. Not sure what the issue was but the bolt hole was not quite aligned and the cap ended up mangled. Quadratec quickly sent me a new set for free which I also proceeded to mangle the same way. At this point, I just left it installed without the last bolt but the service has always been great.

I have also had terrific customer service from Quadratech when I had to cancel an order. I will be happy to order from them again.

I've also had good experiences with Quadratec customer service in the past. Just to echo the OP. I've even ordered the wrong part (my mistake) and they clean swapped for the right one with no extra shipping or return costs.

Havent bought anything from them recently but the few purchases I have made have went well.

To each his own. Personally from what i could & almost couldn't see, I wouldn't have wasted my time. I know its merely principle but that rim is going probably going to look 10xs worse in 30 days or less. If they don't take returns on mounted tires ( most places don't ) How that got shipped to you is what I would like to know. ???

Reactions: ejay