Let's see your wheels!

American Racing AR23 Rims with Toyo MTs.
IMG_4765.JPG

IMG_4549.JPG

IMG_4643.JPG

Another person who didn't follow the blackout crowd with wheels, although, I'll probably end up with a set next time.

Anyone have any opinions on color of wheels with a flame red Jeep? I really thought it was hard to decide. I never could get settled on black, just didn't stick out to me, though I like black wheels on most other color Jeeps
If got a great deal on mine and they had been painted black. I brought them back to the aluminum finish. I am a minority but I love the classic look of silver rims on white jeeps. I think silver rims would look great on your red jeep.

I am a minority but I love the classic look of silver rims on white jeeps. I think silver rims would look great on your red jeep.

I've got black wheels w some silver accents. But I really still luv the silver / polished look. Especially a brushed metal finish. And I as well agree that silver would look great on red.

Though, the one above this post is nice too. I personally favor the polished look on red TJ's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nicholas
Anyone have any opinions on color of wheels with a flame red Jeep? I really thought it was hard to decide. I never could get settled on black, just didn't stick out to me, though I like black wheels on most other color Jeeps

Ion alloy 15x8

Huge fan of chrome or a polished machined look on red Jeeps.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
Is that second dark gray set something you painted or bought that way?
I bought them that way but the previous owner simply painted them with a spray bomb. Unfortunately he couldn't remember what brand he used.

I have painted Moab wheels in the past though and they are quite easy to do. The spokes can get pretty beat up but can usually be sanded out. I have also media blasted them when necessary. The areas between the spokes are usually in decent condition. I've always used Duplicolor wheel paint and its held up well. I'm building a powder coating oven (in my spare time ... meaning slowly!) and am looking forward to doing wheels among many other things.

These are the ones on the trailer above ...

upload_2017-8-28_6-57-49.png

upload_2017-8-28_6-57-7.png

upload_2017-8-28_6-57-28.png

upload_2017-8-28_6-44-10.png

upload_2017-8-28_6-45-21.png

upload_2017-8-28_6-45-52.png

While the steel beadlocks did wonders out in Moab, they are horrible on the road. Needed something roadworthy too so that my junk isn't just a trailer queen

20171106_192349.jpg

20171117_165136.jpg

And now of course, I had to go and scuff them up the first weekend I had them

20171210_161315.jpg

Then I had to take them down to Morris Mountain Alabama and cake them in Bama Clay and smack them on some little rocks

20180217_154601.jpg

NOW they look the part :afro: